We are aware of an issue with FUT Crashing & we are working on this. Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing. We have a thread discussing it here.

Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2019
    He's done very well so far but it must be noted that he's scored against a wide open Norwich side (2nd most goals conceded in the division so far), Sheffield United who made two huge errors leading to goals and a Wolves side without Boly/Bennett/Doherty, who have also looked a lot more open defensively this season even with those players in the side.

Looking forward to seeing how he fares this weekend against tougher opposition in VvD/Matip, especially after the criticism he received at OT up against Maguire/Lindelof.

Lmao.

That's honestly pathetic.

The vast majority of a top 6 team's games are going to be against the smaller teams of the League. Having a player who can consistently dispatch the ball into the net against the lesser teams is a lot more important than you seem to think. You only have to think back to the likes of Morata and Higuain to remember what it's like to have a striker who can't even do that.

The way Tammy completely destroyed Coady with that skill move before slamming it home tells me that he won't have a problem against the bigger sides, and even if he does struggle a little bit during the big games, that's more of a team issue, whereby he may get less service, but as of now, he's proving to be a deadly finisher.

He's putting £72m Pepe to shame.
  • finsfan85
    13144 posts Has That Special Something
    Shshj wrote: »
    Should be a comfortable win tonight, hopefully Frank sticks with three at the back until Emerson is fit again.

Sounds like it may be 3 at the back

• Tropicaz XBL
    4437 posts National Call-Up
    SDoofus wrote: »
    He's done very well so far but it must be noted that he's scored against a wide open Norwich side (2nd most goals conceded in the division so far), Sheffield United who made two huge errors leading to goals and a Wolves side without Boly/Bennett/Doherty, who have also looked a lot more open defensively this season even with those players in the side.

Looking forward to seeing how he fares this weekend against tougher opposition in VvD/Matip, especially after the criticism he received at OT up against Maguire/Lindelof.

Lmao.

The vast majority of a top 6 team's games are going to be against the smaller teams of the League. Having a player who can consistently dispatch the ball into the net against the lesser teams is a lot more important than you seem to think. You only have to think back to the likes of Morata and Higuain to remember what it's like to have a striker who can't even do that.

The way Tammy completely destroyed Coady with that skill move before slamming it home tells me that he won't have a problem against the bigger sides, and even if he does struggle a little bit during the big games, that's more of a team issue, whereby he may get less service, but as of now, he's proving to be a deadly finisher.

As I said, he's done well so far, and he'll obviously be an improvement on the very low bar which was Higuain/Giroud's output last season (5 PL goals or something). Just think a bit of context needs to be added before people on this forum go OTT as per usual with every player after 5 games.
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move

Lmao.

As I said, he's done well so far, and he'll obviously be an improvement on the very low bar which was Higuain/Giroud's output last season (5 PL goals or something). Just think a bit of context needs to be added before people on this forum go OTT as per usual with every player after 5 games.

Would you have said the same stuff if it was Pepe who was putting up these numbers? I doubt it.
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4437 posts National Call-Up

Lmao.

Would you have said the same stuff if it was Pepe who was putting up these numbers? I doubt it.

Not sure why Pepe is being brought into the discussion here as he's a winger and Abraham is a striker, if he was scoring 7 goals in 5 games that'd be beyond wildest expectations for a wide player.
  • Ahmer50x
    21605 posts Club Captain
    Abraham has an xG of 2.77

This is unsustainable. He'll regress a little.

That said, he's still gonna score 15-20 league goals which is a very good output and one I doubted he could do.
  • Wyojasond
    13085 posts Has That Special Something
    Personally speaking, I think Chelsea can have a very “Ajax” like run this year. Obviously the defense needs sorting out, but your play style suits the CL I think.

• WryLucky
    2103 posts Fans' Favourite
  • WryLucky
    finsfan85 wrote: »

Probably going to stick with this formation until Emerson and Reece come back.
  • finsfan85
    WryLucky wrote: »

Probably going to stick with this formation until Emerson and Reece come back.

Hope so. It’s the only way playing Alonso will work.
  • arsenalap
    7106 posts Big Money Move
    Annoyingly this is exactly what Emery should be doing with us.
  • Wyojasond
    13085 posts Has That Special Something
    Pulisic carrying a knock or just doesn’t suit this setup as well? Guess he would be a great super-sub with his pace for a game like this if its tight late on.
  • WryLucky
    Pulisic carrying a knock or just doesn’t suit this setup as well? Guess he would be a great super-sub with his pace for a game like this if its tight late on.

Not sure, but it won't surprise me if he starts against Liverpool.
  • Apollo
    18020 posts World Class
    Of course it had to be Hoddle commentating on the game I chose to watch ffs
  • Apollo
    18020 posts World Class
    That would have been a lovely goal, great move
  • WryLucky
    Horrible tackle on Mount
  • Shshj
    4490 posts National Call-Up
    Went flying in and should have been sent off, now Mount's injured.
  • WryLucky
    All these ❤️❤️❤️❤️ injuries
  • finsfan85
    Isn’t VAR being used for these CL matches? How does it not give Coquelin the red card he deserves?
  • Tornado31619
    19584 posts World Class
    Isn’t VAR being used for these CL matches? How does it not give Coquelin the red card he deserves?

TS was also off his line for the pen save vs. Reus.
  • Sellish
    9949 posts Has That Special Something

Only after the group phase.
  • Tornado31619
    19584 posts World Class
    That’s stupid.
  • finsfan85
    Sellish wrote: »

You sure?

• Sellish
    That’s stupid.

Not really. Not sure if the likes of FK Crvena Zvezda & Slavia Prague can afford to upgrade their stadiums with VAR.
  • Sellish

You sure?

Oh shoot. That was last year. My bad.
  • arsenalap
    7106 posts Big Money Move
    That’s stupid.

Not really. Not sure if the likes of FK Crvena Zvezda & Slavia Prague can afford to upgrade their stadiums with VAR.

VAR requires not much. A screen being the main thing but even that isn't entirely required.
  • Sellish
    arsenalap wrote: »
    That’s stupid.

VAR requires not much. A screen being the main thing but even that isn't entirely required.

Anfield and Old Trafford being without.

A lot of cameras but maybe that's standard for most of the teams.