Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• Shshj
    3998 posts National Call-Up
    This is a perfect example of how fragile we are in defence without Kante protecting the backline.

No organisation, individual errors, no defensive presence in midfield. Abysmal.
  • Ahmer50x
    17328 posts World Class
    You've conceded 18 percent of the goals you did all of last season already and its only been 2.5 games :lol:
  • El_Nino
    2908 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    You've conceded 18 percent of the goals you did all of last season already and its only been 2.5 games :lol:

And I think the majority of fans would agree it’s still much better to watch.

We’re in desperate needs of defensive re-inforcements, I really hope Rudiger and Reece James do the job, but I fully expect us to need big money spending to really fix it.
  • Ahmer50x
    17328 posts World Class
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

And I think the majority of fans would agree it’s still much better to watch.

We’re in desperate needs of defensive re-inforcements, I really hope Rudiger and Reece James do the job, but I fully expect us to need big money spending to really fix it.

Oh I agree its better to watch. I've seen all 3 of your league matches this season and you've been very good fun compared to the Italian LVG last year. Same as Ole coming in after Mourinho for us. Nobody's bored anymore.

The problem is you need some sense of defensive solidity. Lampard won't last till January if you keep shipping 3+ goals away from home every week. (I expect Norwich to score again)
  • Ahmer50x
    17328 posts World Class

Even our boring twitter admin is taking the **** :lol:
  • Shshj
    Barkley really drives me up the wall. Useless in and around the box & has a knack of holding onto the ball for far too long.
  • Ibte10
    1772 posts Play-Off Hero
    I genuinely thought maybe Barkley May be better this season after his pre season. But the same old unfortunately. Can’t wait to have CHO back.
  • Shshj
    Good to see VAR being neglected in the exact situation it was meant for
  • WryLucky
    1566 posts Play-Off Hero
    Barkley has been awful and VAR is **** stupid.
  • BayernBru
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    Shshj wrote: »
    Barkley really drives me up the wall. Useless in and around the box & has a knack of holding onto the ball for far too long.

Very strange to select Barkley after Pedro pulled up in the warm up, when Willian was an option.

If Lampard had gone with a like for like option in Willian, Mount could have stayed central. Picking Barkley caused further disruption to the gameplan than had already been caused by Pedro's injury.
  • Shshj
    OH TAMMYYYYY!
  • Apollo
    14297 posts Has That Special Something
    Nice finish from Tammy
  • finsfan85
    12211 posts Has That Special Something
    BayernBru wrote: »

Very strange to select Barkley after Pedro pulled up in the warm up, when Willian was an option.

If Lampard had gone with a like for like option in Willian, Mount could have stayed central. Picking Barkley caused further disruption to the gameplan than had already been caused by Pedro's injury.

Willian is even worse.
  • Ahmer50x
    17328 posts World Class
    Very good finish from Abraham there
  • WryLucky
    1566 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yes! Tammy! But for the love God, don't concede again!
  • finsfan85
    All the Tammy haters in here today with a different tone. Love to see it.
  • WryLucky
    1566 posts Play-Off Hero
    Get Barkley off, he loses the ball too much. Need someone who can keep it better.
  • BayernBru
    Good goal. These goals will do Tammy's confidence the world of good.

Krul should be doing better with that though.
  • Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner
    A Tammy Abraham goal from outside the box.

Oh my god it's a miracle
  • Wyojasond
    11245 posts Has That Special Something
    With the way Norwich play, every good team should be able to put 3-4 past them....

That being said, some class finishes from Tammy today. Both beautifully taken.
  • Shshj
    Big test for the defence now, Norwich are good going forward and they'll throw everything at this now.
  • BayernBru
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    BayernBru wrote: »

Willian is even worse.

Atleast it's like for like and keeps Mount central.
  • Ahmer50x
    17328 posts World Class
    All the Tammy haters in here today with a different tone. Love to see it.

If he does good, we'll say it. Still don't think he's the 20 goal a season striker you need.
  • BayernBru
    Absolute joke the amount of protection keepers get in the modern game! That goal should of stood!
  • WryLucky
    1566 posts Play-Off Hero
    Why isn't that a goal? Christ...
  • Cyodine
    1310 posts Professional
    Pulisic needs a goal!
  • WryLucky
    1566 posts Play-Off Hero
    VAR is **** stupid! It ruled out the goal and somehow Godfrey got away with doing that to Mount and we didn't get a penalty.
  • finsfan85

So it was clear and obvious that Giroud fouled Krul, but it wasn’t clear and obvious that Azpi was fouled in the box? 🤔
  • Ahmer50x
    17328 posts World Class

So it was clear and obvious that Giroud fouled Krul, but it wasn’t clear and obvious that Azpi was fouled in the box? 🤔

Giroud charged into Krul when he was holding the ball :joy:
  • BayernBru
    Thought VAR wasn't supposed to step in if ref has clearly seen the situation?