Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• Shshj
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    That's a tough result to take, three points were crucial today. Concentration seems to be a serious issue in defence, we play brilliantly throughout the first half only concede silly chances after the break - the same was happening with Sarri last season too.

These first three results of the season are forgivable when you consider the context but we can't underestimate Norwich at Carrow Road next week as they look dangerous, that game is now an absolute must-win.
  • Gervonta
    3818 posts National Call-Up
    Just my view of things after watching that game tbh.

Defensively you look awful , Cesar isn’t good enough going forward , the two centre backs don’t really look composed most of the time, maybe this will change when rudiger returns ? , Emerson looks decent but tends to ended up RW at times which teams could expose.

Tammy is just a glorified welbeck in my eyes , he was good in the championship but he really doesn’t look like he’ll be a top tier striker , you really needed a top striker but obviously with the ban you were unable to secure one.

Pulisic looked decent at times , mount played well , Kante was good , Willian was ineffective, again if you hadn’t been banned you could of replaced hazard properly because in my eyes you’re missing his creativity , he could drag you through many games you really haven’t got that kind of player at the moment.

Think it’ll be a long hard season for you , hopefully frank gets time because at times you play some good stuff , just doesn’t help the cause when the defence and attack are both awful.

• finsfan85
    12393 posts Has That Special Something
    How does Emerson end up at RW?

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a29fb2818800e5e78e7dd02aa8f4373811af82f47&rid=giphy.gif
  • Gervonta
    3818 posts National Call-Up
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    How does Emerson end up at RW?

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a29fb2818800e5e78e7dd02aa8f4373811af82f47&rid=giphy.gif

One or two counter attacks he ran from one side of the pitch to the other.
  • Shshj
    I think those are fair points. The defence is a mess but we have James and Rudiger to come back, it's fair to say both are upgrades on Azpilicueta and Zouma at this point.

I hate myself for it but I don't have high hopes for Tammy, I don't think he's cut out for this level - but he's got the whole season to prove me wrong so fingers crossed.

That's not to say there haven't been positives though. Some of the football we've played has been excellent, Mount looks like a top player, Pulisic needs time to adjust but looks good and I really like the Kante/Jorginho partnership. It's going to be a tough season but everybody knew that.
  • wth22
    10008 posts Has That Special Something
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Just my view of things after watching that game tbh.

Defensively you look awful , Cesar isn’t good enough going forward , the two centre backs don’t really look composed most of the time, maybe this will change when rudiger returns ? , Emerson looks decent but tends to ended up RW at times which teams could expose.

Tammy is just a glorified welbeck in my eyes , he was good in the championship but he really doesn’t look like he’ll be a top tier striker , you really needed a top striker but obviously with the ban you were unable to secure one.

Pulisic looked decent at times , mount played well , Kante was good , Willian was ineffective, again if you hadn’t been banned you could of replaced hazard properly because in my eyes you’re missing his creativity , he could drag you through many games you really haven’t got that kind of player at the moment.

Think it’ll be a long hard season for you , hopefully frank gets time because at times you play some good stuff , just doesn’t help the cause when the defence and attack are both awful.

Don't you dare disrespect Welbeck like that.
  • ViVaWhom
    8104 posts League Winner
    if you guys think reece james is gonna solve all your problems, you are in big trouble :lol:
  • Ahmer50x
    18121 posts World Class
    edited August 18
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    if you guys think reece james is gonna solve all your problems, you are in big trouble :lol:

I've seen some Chelsea fans I follow compare him as being a better talent than AWB :joy:
  • Shshj
    edited August 18
    Yes. Reece James will return, patch up our defence and record 40 goals and assists from right-back while dragging us to a 4th place finish. He's obviously not going to solve all our problems, I haven't seen anyone suggest that. Rudiger is a bigger miss.

He is one of the most promising youngsters in the country though and at this point it's simply a matter of getting Azpilicueta out of the team before he can do any more damage.
  • Ahmer50x
    18121 posts World Class
    Shshj wrote: »
    Yes. Reece James will return, patch up our defence and record 40 goals and assists from right-back while dragging us to a 4th place finish. He's obviously not going to solve all our problems, I haven't seen anyone suggest that. Rudiger is a bigger miss.

He is one of the most promising youngsters in the country though and at this point it's simply a matter of getting Azpilicueta out of the team before he can do any more damage.

You need to give Batshuayi a chance too.

Man brings goals unlike Giroud and Abraham.
  • Shshj
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

You need to give Batshuayi a chance too.

Man brings goals unlike Giroud and Abraham.

He's worth a shot but apparently he's a troublemaker behind the scenes. That's Conte, Sarri and Frank who have all turned their noses up at him now. I can see him leaving before the window is out.
  • finsfan85
    Reece James will make a big difference. Better than Azpi defensively (anyone is at this point) and offers FAR more offensively from the RB position.
  • WryLucky
    1708 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hard to believe we could of got 50m+ for Willian. Should of took it.
  • Shshj
    Willian's always been the same, a neat player who's utterly devoid of creativity and offers very little to the team other than sulking whenever he's left out by the manager.

We know what to expect of him by now, the same went for Luiz. The same goes for Pedro, Alonso and unfortunately Azpilicueta. Our senior players are the weak links throughout this team.
  • finsfan85
    Don’t think Pedro needs to be included in that list. Agree otherwise though.
  • Shshj
    Don’t think Pedro needs to be included in that list. Agree otherwise though.

He's been a good player for us and is currently the best from that list, but I think he's surplus to requirements now. He's lost his explosiveness and is very inconsistent, I don't think he would still be with us if we were not banned.
  • El_Nino
    3155 posts National Call-Up
    James/Rudiger are massive misses for us at the moment. We still have CHO/RLC sidelined.
    All four will help, particularly the first three mentioned.

And of course we do need to spend some major money, ST is a real problem and I would prefer money spent on a high quality CB.
  • El_Nino
    I feel about as positive as could be to say we’ve got 1 draw from 3 games.

Assuming we miss top 4 then it is whatever, we couldn’t expect to get it this season(as much as we hope we still can).
    More about getting the performance and work ethic right, which is already starting to happen, then realising which areas need money spent next year.
  • Shshj
    El_Nino wrote: »

Assuming we miss top 4 then it is whatever, we couldn’t expect to get it this season(as much as we hope we still can).
    More about getting the performance and work ethic right, which is already starting to happen, then realising which areas need money spent next year.

This. We knew we were going to have to check our expectations this season, so far the club has made all the right decisions around the transfer ban and Frank has shown no hesitation in throwing the youngsters in.

Our tough start is out of the way, next up are Norwich and Sheffield United. If we can win both then there will be a good feeling around the club again.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

This. We knew we were going to have to check our expectations this season, so far the club has made all the right decisions around the transfer ban and Frank has shown no hesitation in throwing the youngsters in.

Our tough start is out of the way, next up are Norwich and Sheffield United. If we can win both then there will be a good feeling around the club again.

Both Norwich and Shef and started very well but you really need to win both.
  • WryLucky
    1708 posts Play-Off Hero
    Honestly, you can never be sure what you'll get with newly promoted teams.
  • Shshj
    Couchy wrote: »

Both Norwich and Shef and started very well but you really need to win both.

Lapses in concentration seem to be our biggest problem right now. In all three of our games we've dominated the first half only to have lost control completely by the 50th minute.

Frank needs to find a solution asap, so it'll be interesting to see how we fare against two teams of lower quality.
  • Tornado31619
    16915 posts World Class
    WryLucky wrote: »

Sheffield have been solid at the back and Pukki will be buzzing. Are you away for both? Won’t surprise me if you’re still waiting for a win by September.
  • Shshj
    WryLucky wrote: »

Sheffield have been solid at the back and Pukki will be buzzing. Are you away for both? Won’t surprise me if you’re still waiting for a win by September.

Norwich away, Sheffield Utd at home
  • Tornado31619
    16915 posts World Class
    Both will be very interesting. You could get six points or none at all.
  • Ahmer50x
    18121 posts World Class
    Think your style of play so far is such that you'll either get an early goal or two and go on to smash them or if they can hold out for 20-30 mins then you'll have a really rough time
  • El_Nino
    Both will be very interesting. You could get six points or none at all.

Thanks for that Micheal Owen.
  • Tornado31619
    16915 posts World Class
    You’re welcome.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

Are any of your fans on here local enough? You’re all Americans aren’t you?