Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• finsfan85
    12869 posts Has That Special Something
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    it was barcas first match, would have been further emberassement if you lost

Further embarrassment? When was the initial embarrassment during the PRE SEASON?
  • Tom1UK
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    it was barcas first match, would have been further emberassement if you lost

Well at least your consistent with your over reactions

• Ahmer50x
    19739 posts World Class
    "Callum Hudson-Odoi has agreed a five-year deal worth more than £100,000 a week to stay at Chelsea." -BBC

>100K a week for someone who has never scored a Premier League goal :open_mouth:
  • G000ner
    4389 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    "Callum Hudson-Odoi has agreed a five-year deal worth more than £100,000 a week to stay at Chelsea." -BBC

>100K a week for someone who has never scored a Premier League goal :open_mouth:

United just put David De Gea on a 350k a week contract and he hasn't scored a premier league goal either
  • Shshj
    4270 posts National Call-Up
    Good news. Couldn't care less what he's on per week, we really needed to keep hold of him this summer. No doubt Bayern would have offered him something similar.
  • finsfan85

Mainly due to a lack of opportunity. His talent is undeniable, as evidenced by Bayern’s relentless pursuit. Massive W for Chelsea.
  • Ahmer50x
    19739 posts World Class
    finsfan85 wrote: »

Mainly due to a lack of opportunity. His talent is undeniable, as evidenced by Bayern’s relentless pursuit. Massive W for Chelsea.

Oh I agree! I think he's gonna be an amazing player and justify that wage.

I just find it odd that there was so much outrage at Rashy getting 200+ but nobody is batting an eye at 100+ for CHO, who (while he may turn out to be world class) hasn't done a lot in senior football yet.
  • finsfan85

I just find it odd that there was so much outrage at Rashy getting 200+ but nobody is batting an eye at 100+ for CHO, who (while he may turn out to be world class) hasn't done a lot in senior football yet.

Massive difference between those 2 wages
  • Apollo
    16141 posts World Class

Massive difference between those 2 wages

But there's also a massive difference between the experience of the two. For what each one has done in football so far, both are being paid too much.
  • Shshj
    Again, this market is ****.

Harry Magure is about to be sold for £80m. Palace want £100m for Zaha. Teams like Bournemouth and Villa are capable of spending well over £50m a window. Spurs are actually spending money.

I really couldn't care less about how much my club is spending as long as it's on the right players.
  • El_Nino
    3881 posts National Call-Up
    Shshj wrote: »

Harry Magure is about to be sold for £80m. Palace want £100m for Zaha. Teams like Bournemouth and Villa are capable of spending well over £50m a window. Spurs are actually spending money.

I really couldn't care less about how much my club is spending as long as it's on the right players.
    Wouldn’t go that far, after all spending on one person means you can’t on another.
    However as far as CHO is concerned I’m more than happy with that contract.
  • Ahmer50x
    19739 posts World Class
    El_Nino wrote: »

Wouldn’t go that far, after all spending on one person means you can’t on another.

Chelsea don't have to pick and choose. They are in a good spot on FFP and Roman is a great owner.
  • Shshj

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that CHO deal. But if we follow it up by giving Willian another two year deal with the no. 10 shirt then people are going to be understandably pissed off.
  • ViVaWhom
    8291 posts League Winner
    when did oscar come back?
  • El_Nino

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that CHO deal. But if we follow it up by giving Willian another two year deal with the no. 10 shirt then people are going to be understandably pissed off.

A new contract I can see a small debate for, giving him the number 10 over CHO would be horrifically comical.
  • finsfan85
    when did oscar come back?

That’s not Oscar. That’s the best Spanish keeper in the Premier League.
  • Shshj
  • Mike
    10067 posts Has That Special Something
    Don't know what's worse, De Gea on £400k or CHO on £180k
  • finsfan85
    Mike wrote: »

One is a regressing keeper. The other is one of the better young talents in the world.
  • Mike
    10067 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 23

One is a regressing keeper. The other is one of the better young talents in the world.
    He's played like 10 games and has already had a career changing injury
  • ViVaWhom
    8291 posts League Winner

you have been played by a kid who used scare tactics and PR to rip you off

De gea has atleast earned that kind of money from his man utd career
  • El_Nino
    On one hand I’m thrilled we’ve signed him on for 5 years and with selling Hazard I get we can afford this, but still, damn. That’s a ridiculous wage, it could end up being great business still, but it’s a hell of a gamble.
  • Ibte10
    1818 posts Play-Off Hero
    180k! That’s an outrageous sum but we have to take into account that we did not have much pulling power to negotiate since it was either sell him and have no replacement or give him what he wants. He was in a perfect situation.
  • Shshj
    I guess this is Callum's way of saying it's official :joy:

• El_Nino
    More than happy to extend Willians contract so long as it doesn’t coincide with him getting the number 10.
  • finsfan85
    More than happy to extend Willians contract so long as it doesn’t coincide with him getting the number 10.

Even if Willian did get the #10, it would only be for a season. It could then go to the more deserving of our two young wingers, or whoever the replacement may be.
  • finsfan85

Why just a loan for Zappacosta? Surely we don’t have any future plans for him.