Chelsea Football Club

Comments

  • Pietu
    884 posts Semi-Pro
    Shshj wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    What do you think your starting 11 will be?

    All depends on which system Frank goes for but if I had to guess:

    Kepa
    Azpilicueta - Rudiger - Zouma - Emerson
    Kante - Jorginho - RLC
    Pulisic - Tammy - CHO

    That's honestly not even that bad
  • Tornado31619
    15268 posts World Class
    What about Bats? Or would you guys prefer him as a backup?
  • El_Nino
    1937 posts Play-Off Hero
    What about Bats? Or would you guys prefer him as a backup?

    Let Lampard judge him, I’d be happy with him starting or Tammy, I’d lightly prefferance Tammy from an age/potential perspective, but If Lampard wants to back Michy then I’d trust his judgement
  • finsfan85
    11514 posts Has That Special Something
    Seems everyone is already ruling out Giroud
  • Ahmer50x
    14851 posts Has That Special Something
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Seems everyone is already ruling out Giroud

    Kinda funny given he's the most proven of the lot by far
  • El_Nino
    1937 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Seems everyone is already ruling out Giroud

    Kinda funny given he's the most proven of the lot by far

    Proven for next year, maybe? But he’s hardly a long term solution, frankly I’d sooner gamble on Tammy/Michy and potentially find someone who could do a job for some time
  • Slawter
    3828 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 7
    At Derby he tended to use a sort of 4141, (just with wingers doing a lot of the attacking work so looking like a 433) early on it sort of being split into defensive players doing the defending and so on, evolved into more of a "everyone does everything" later on.
    Could see that system being used depending on who is used in the defensive mid and two further forward central mid roles. Whether that's a DM rotation of Kante/Bakyoko, and Jorginho playing almost in between them and RLC/Mount a bit further forward i'm not sure.

    So if he goes for the same system potentially.
    Kepa
    Azpi - Rudiger - Luiz - Emerson
    Kante
    Pulisic - Jorginho - RLC - CHO
    Batshuayi

    Striker is entirely dependent on what Lamps thinks is best but i think he'll start Luiz at least in the early stages.
  • Shshj
    3530 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 7
    It's going to be very interesting to see how Frank manages some of our biggest egos, everyone wants to see Zouma/Christensen/Tomori next to Rudiger but I can't imagine Luiz will be pleased with being fifth choice.

    The same goes for Azpilicueta considering we're all hoping Reece eventually steals that RB spot from him during the course of the season.

    At least we finally have a manager who'll take no ****. Lampard's different to previous managers (even Jose) because he is the embodiment of Chelsea, there's no doubt as to where loyalties will lie if the players start to step out of line again.
  • EA_Rtas
    917 posts EA Moderator
    Alright something I wanted to make clear both here and in the other lounges, if you think someone is trolling just report it and let us look into it to determine if it's trolling or genuine discussion, don't call it out it just derails the thread. There's a difference between negative opinions and open trolling.
  • finsfan85
    11514 posts Has That Special Something
    Still no Tomori in Ireland. Have not seen any reason for it yet, but I think a loan is probably best for him this season.
  • ViVaWhom
    7243 posts Big Money Move
    wait a min... how short is Conte if Cudicini is towering over him :lol:
  • finsfan85
    11514 posts Has That Special Something
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    wait a min... how short is Conte if Cudicini is towering over him :lol:

    5’10” and 6’1”. Not surprising that a keeper is taller than a midfielder.
  • finsfan85
    11514 posts Has That Special Something
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Still no Tomori in Ireland. Have not seen any reason for it yet, but I think a loan is probably best for him this season.

    Contrary to other sources, CarefreeYouth saying that Tomori is indeed in Ireland.
  • Rhodesia
    779 posts Semi-Pro
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Alright something I wanted to make clear both here and in the other lounges, if you think someone is trolling just report it and let us look into it to determine if it's trolling or genuine discussion, don't call it out it just derails the thread. There's a difference between negative opinions and open trolling.

    Level headed thinking like this would have saved this forum 12 months ago.
  • ViVaWhom
    7243 posts Big Money Move
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    wait a min... how short is Conte if Cudicini is towering over him :lol:

    5’10” and 6’1”. Not surprising that a keeper is taller than a midfielder.

    oh cudicini is pretty tall... always thought of him as a short keeper like barthez
  • Tornado31619
    15268 posts World Class
    “A few” does not mean “all”. Besides, you’re better off sorting out everybody’s contracts now so that Lamps can actually give them a chance instead about worrying about their status at the club.
    Willian probably won’t become a key player for you this late on, but in the unlikely event that he does, you need to be prepared. It might seem silly, but better safe than sorry.
  • Shshj
    3530 posts National Call-Up
    Willian's contract expires next summer.

    For 2021 we have Michy, Zappacosta and Mount.
  • Shshj
    3530 posts National Call-Up
    Should get our first small indication of what system Frank will use tonight :)
  • finsfan85
    11514 posts Has That Special Something
    Shshj wrote: »
    Should get our first small indication of what system Frank will use tonight :)

    Can’t wait. Excited for the match.
  • finsfan85
    11514 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 10
    Sterling getting a shot at LB. Will be interesting to see the formation. Could be a 433 or 4231. Not a surprise to see Azpi as captain.

  • Shshj
    3530 posts National Call-Up
    Looking forward to watching Gallagher and Michy.
  • Pxul_
    7196 posts Big Money Move
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Sterling getting a shot at LB. Will be interesting to see the formation. Could be a 433 or 4231. Not a surprise to see Azpi as captain.


    Who are you playing?

    Big fan of batshuyai, hopefully he plays half decent to be your starting striker.
  • finsfan85
    11514 posts Has That Special Something
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Sterling getting a shot at LB. Will be interesting to see the formation. Could be a 433 or 4231. Not a surprise to see Azpi as captain.


    Who are you playing?

    Big fan of batshuyai, hopefully he plays half decent to be your starting striker.

    Bohemians in Ireland. Apparently they are midseason, so they obviously have the fitness advantage.
  • finsfan85
    11514 posts Has That Special Something
    Looking like Sterling at RB with Kenedy at LB and Azpi at CB.
Sign In or Register to comment.