Chelsea Football Club

Comments

  • Shshj
    4282 posts National Call-Up
    First Callum, now Reece. Let's hope they can get a couple of weeks of pre-season under their belts.

  • finsfan85
    12933 posts Has That Special Something
    Shshj wrote: »
    First Callum, now Reece. Let's hope they can get a couple of weeks of pre-season under their belts.


    Already running in a pool. Wouldn’t be surprising to see him ready for the start of the season.
  • CFCsjmishra
    8936 posts League Winner
    Interesting times ahead
  • Shshj
    4282 posts National Call-Up
    Looks like Kovacic is done, Mundo Deportivo reporting the same thing.

  • finsfan85
    12933 posts Has That Special Something
    Not the most reliable sources. Will be interesting if actually true.
  • Shshj
    4282 posts National Call-Up
    Frustrating that, probably means Alonso will stay now too.
  • ViVaWhom
    8293 posts League Winner
    Shshj wrote: »
    Looks like Kovacic is done, Mundo Deportivo reporting the same thing.


    :lol: if lamps was impressed by him you got real problems
  • Ahmer50x
    19983 posts Club Captain
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Not the most reliable sources. Will be interesting if actually true.

  • Shshj
    4282 posts National Call-Up
    I'm 50/50 on Kovacic. He was better towards the end of the season and we have very little depth in midfield, so it'll be interesting to see how Frank uses him considering his usual position has been filled.

    €50m regardless of add-ons is frustrating though. I really don't think he's worth anywhere near that.
  • Ahmer50x
    19983 posts Club Captain


    Bring him back and make him your starting striker again :lol:
  • Tornado31619
    17898 posts World Class
    I’d rather they didn’t, last time he played us he scored the winner :lol: it’s funnier when they’re without a striker anyway.
  • Shshj
    4282 posts National Call-Up
    It's probably just Marina trying to twist Atletico's balls. Bringing him back would be a bad move for everyone, Morata himself slagged us off a few months ago.

    I think it's pretty clear that Tammy will be the main striker under Lampard anyway.
  • finsfan85
    12933 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 29
    Another W for Marina. And this confirms that it was always a loan with an option to buy :smile:

  • ViVaWhom
    8293 posts League Winner
    paying even £1 is bad business
  • finsfan85
    12933 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 29
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    paying even £1 is bad business

    Typing that with a straight face while your club is about to spend money on Longstaff. Please go troll elsewhere.
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    I’d rather £25m for Longstaff than 40-50m for Kovacic tbh.

    If he was that good Madrid wouldn’t exactly be wanting to sell him when Modric is the wrong side of 30 and Kroos will be soon , plus they aren’t exactly flooded with talent in CM , llorente just left and cellabos looks to be on his way out.

    Thought he was alright at times last season nothing spectacular thought you’d do the same as you did with piggy and send him packing and give the youth a chance.
  • finsfan85
    12933 posts Has That Special Something
    Gervonta wrote: »
    I’d rather £25m for Longstaff than 40-50m for Kovacic tbh.

    If he was that good Madrid wouldn’t exactly be wanting to sell him when Modric is the wrong side of 30 and Kroos will be soon , plus they aren’t exactly flooded with talent in CM , llorente just left and cellabos looks to be on his way out.

    Thought he was alright at times last season nothing spectacular thought you’d do the same as you did with piggy and send him packing and give the youth a chance.

    With RLC’s injury, there’s enough room in the midfield for both.
  • Ahmer50x
    19983 posts Club Captain
    Shshj wrote: »
    It's probably just Marina trying to twist Atletico's balls. Bringing him back would be a bad move for everyone, Morata himself slagged us off a few months ago.

    I think it's pretty clear that Tammy will be the main striker under Lampard anyway.

    This is gonna be such an exciting season.

    Rashford leading the line for United, Kane at Spurs obviously, and Abraham at Chelsea.

    When was the last time that there were three English strikers at top clubs? :blush:
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 29
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Gervonta wrote: »
    I’d rather £25m for Longstaff than 40-50m for Kovacic tbh.

    If he was that good Madrid wouldn’t exactly be wanting to sell him when Modric is the wrong side of 30 and Kroos will be soon , plus they aren’t exactly flooded with talent in CM , llorente just left and cellabos looks to be on his way out.

    Thought he was alright at times last season nothing spectacular thought you’d do the same as you did with piggy and send him packing and give the youth a chance.

    With RLC’s injury, there’s enough room in the midfield for both.

    I don’t know , Jorginho , Kante , RCL ( when fit) Kovacic , Barkley , MVG and drinkwater already there and returning from loan you’ve got Baker , mount , pasalic , bakayoko.


  • Ahmer50x
    19983 posts Club Captain
    Gervonta wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Gervonta wrote: »
    I’d rather £25m for Longstaff than 40-50m for Kovacic tbh.

    If he was that good Madrid wouldn’t exactly be wanting to sell him when Modric is the wrong side of 30 and Kroos will be soon , plus they aren’t exactly flooded with talent in CM , llorente just left and cellabos looks to be on his way out.

    Thought he was alright at times last season nothing spectacular thought you’d do the same as you did with piggy and send him packing and give the youth a chance.

    With RLC’s injury, there’s enough room in the midfield for both.

    I don’t know , Jorginho , Kante , RCL ( when fit) Kovacic , Barkley , MVG and drinkwater already there and returning from loan you’ve got Baker , mount , palasic , bakayoko.


    Pasalic had his loan at Atalanta extended for another year
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Gervonta wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Gervonta wrote: »
    I’d rather £25m for Longstaff than 40-50m for Kovacic tbh.

    If he was that good Madrid wouldn’t exactly be wanting to sell him when Modric is the wrong side of 30 and Kroos will be soon , plus they aren’t exactly flooded with talent in CM , llorente just left and cellabos looks to be on his way out.

    Thought he was alright at times last season nothing spectacular thought you’d do the same as you did with piggy and send him packing and give the youth a chance.

    With RLC’s injury, there’s enough room in the midfield for both.

    I don’t know , Jorginho , Kante , RCL ( when fit) Kovacic , Barkley , MVG and drinkwater already there and returning from loan you’ve got Baker , mount , palasic , bakayoko.


    Pasalic had his loan at Atalanta extended for another year

    Has it been officially confirmed?

  • finsfan85
    12933 posts Has That Special Something
    Gervonta wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Gervonta wrote: »
    I’d rather £25m for Longstaff than 40-50m for Kovacic tbh.

    If he was that good Madrid wouldn’t exactly be wanting to sell him when Modric is the wrong side of 30 and Kroos will be soon , plus they aren’t exactly flooded with talent in CM , llorente just left and cellabos looks to be on his way out.

    Thought he was alright at times last season nothing spectacular thought you’d do the same as you did with piggy and send him packing and give the youth a chance.

    With RLC’s injury, there’s enough room in the midfield for both.

    I don’t know , Jorginho , Kante , RCL ( when fit) Kovacic , Barkley , MVG and drinkwater already there and returning from loan you’ve got Baker , mount , palasic , bakayoko.


    Most of those don’t have a chance at staying at Chelsea. Jorginho, Kante, RLC, Kovacic, Barkley, and Mount are sure to stay. MVG is still returning to fitness from injury, Drinkwater has a chance to stay because of homegrown status (although would love to sell), Baker doesn’t have a chance, pretty sure a permanent deal with Atalanta for Pasalic is almost done, and Bakayoko may not be needed with Kovacic staying. Depending on what position Lampard sees Ampadu at, we could also see him there in the midfield.
  • finsfan85
    12933 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 29
    Seems like Monday will be the day we have all been waiting for



    Edit: Could also be the Kovacic signing (which Chelsea accidentally already confirmed).

  • finsfan85
    12933 posts Has That Special Something
    Pulisic assist :love:
Sign In or Register to comment.