Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• Gervonta
    3524 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 25
    Chelsea have named their price for Eden Hazard and it is £130m, Sky Sports News understands.

Real Madrid value Hazard at no more than €100m (£88.1m) because he is entering the final 12 months of his current contract. Hazard will be allowed to leave, but only if the price is right.

However, Chelsea are under no pressure to sell and negotiations are being handled by Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia.

Now you’re just playing silly games , £130m for a player with 12 months on his contract :joy: you’re better off taking the £88.1m considering you’ll be lucky to get half of that come January and if you leave it until next season you’ll have an unhappy player playing for you for a year then leaving for nothing. Similar to us with DDG , he’s worth atleast 80-100m but if he won’t sign a new deal I’d accept £50-70m and avoid losing him for nothing.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19184 posts World Class
    Shshj wrote: »
    No idea why Madrid want Hazard when Sane is available at a similar price.

Are you being serious? :joy:

Yeah, 5 years younger and has arguably a better end product, if you discount all the penalties Hazard takes.

Hazard is arguably the best PL player this side of 2010

hahahahaha
  • Gervonta
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »

Yeah, 5 years younger and has arguably a better end product, if you discount all the penalties Hazard takes.

hahahahaha

Debatable tbh , you could easily make arguments for ; Suarez , aguero , d silva , KDB.

• Shshj
    3298 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 25

hahahahaha

What's so funny?

Pivotal in two league titles, countless awards and he's coming off one of the most individually impressive seasons in carrying us to 3rd while being surrounded by trash.

I don't think he's the outright number one but like I said, it's debatable. You certainly can't deny he's up there.
  • Retro_G
    26962 posts Player of the Year
    £130m is a fair price for Hazard, he is still only 28.
  • El_Nino
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero

hahahahaha

What's so funny?

Pivotal in two league titles, countless awards and he's coming off one of the most individually impressive seasons in carrying us to 3rd while being surrounded by trash.

I don't think he's the outright number one but like I said, it's debatable. You certainly can't deny he's up there.
    I honestly wouldn’t bother arguing with anyone who says otherwise, the number 1 spot can be debated but to say he isn’t in contention is laughable

• Ahmer50x
    13969 posts Has That Special Something
    Retro_G wrote: »

He’s entering his final year of contract. It’s absurd :lol:
  • Tornado31619
    14923 posts World Class

It's not Madrid. It's Zidane and Hazard who want each other.

Besides, it seems as though Sane has attitude problems that Real could do without whilst rebuilding.
  • El_Nino
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

And Real are desperate to buy and have lots of money to do so, even with his contract running down, gambling on keeping him could get us CL again, and the money that would bring. Ultimately I’d let him go, but I see no reason not to play hard ball with Madrid, given we can’t re-invest anyway where is our incentive to hurry this along? We may as well squeeze out every penny we can.
  • Ahmer50x
    El_Nino wrote: »

And Real are desperate to buy and have lots of money to do so, even with his contract running down, gambling on keeping him could get us CL again, and the money that would bring. Ultimately I’d let him go, but I see no reason not to play hard ball with Madrid, given we can’t re-invest anyway where is our incentive to hurry this along? We may as well squeeze out every penny we can.

Given you’re accepting the ban, it makes sense to drag it out as much as possible but I think a deal gets done for 100m even eventually.
  • Cyodine
    962 posts Semi-Pro
    What are the chances that Hazard just decides to stay?
  • Ahmer50x
    Cyodine wrote: »

He’s told the club he wants to leave so next to 0.

Only way he stays is if the club force him to.
  • El_Nino
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cyodine wrote: »

He’s told the club he wants to leave so next to 0.

Only way he stays is if the club force him to.

I think the tiny chance would rest on Zidane/Madrid signing someone in his place, he’s also been clear he doesn’t want anywhere else, so if Madrid wasn’t an option he may stay(I’m clutching at straws I know)
  • _R9_
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    As a Chelsea fan, all of us will hate to see him go. £130 milli is perfect though (considering he wants to go) so let’s see how hard Madrid can ball out this summer. Considering Jovic agreement hasn’t officially been published. (It’s great they’ve upped the price if true) but I hope Chelsea can grab him if worse comes to worse.

Ultimately I’d love Jovic to come to Chelsea to play with hazard. 😭🙏💙
  • Ahmer50x
    edited May 25
  • Shshj
    It's Tancredi, he's worse than The Sun.
  • finsfan85
    11290 posts Has That Special Something

United fans don’t discriminate with their sources. They will discuss anything.
  • Ahmer50x
    finsfan85 wrote: »

It’s the summer. It’s fun to imagine possibilities and discuss.

Lighten up
  • Gervonta
    finsfan85 wrote: »

It’s the summer. It’s fun to imagine possibilities and discuss.

Lighten up

When you’re losing your best player who basically carries you , it’s very hard to want to discuss things.
  • Gervonta
    _R9_ wrote: »
    As a Chelsea fan, all of us will hate to see him go. £130 milli is perfect though (considering he wants to go) so let’s see how hard Madrid can ball out this summer. Considering Jovic agreement hasn’t officially been published. (It’s great they’ve upped the price if true) but I hope Chelsea can grab him if worse comes to worse.

Ultimately I’d love Jovic to come to Chelsea to play with hazard. 😭🙏💙

Window doesn’t open until July 1st , bundesliga just finished so he’ll be going on holiday. Don’t get your hopes up he’s still going Madrid lol

• Boomba
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    We aren't getting anyone until January, and that's if not all our targets are already taken.
  • Shshj
    edited May 26
  • Ahmer50x
    Boomba wrote: »
    We aren't getting anyone until January, and that's if not all our targets are already taken.

Isn’t it a year ban so no Jan either?
  • WryLucky
    1337 posts Professional

I would assume it's only if we got it postponed. Which we don't look like we're going to do that.
  • Ahmer50x
    WryLucky wrote: »

I would assume it's only if we got it postponed. Which we don't look like we're going to do that.

So let me get this straight...

serve the summer, appeal and have January postponed, lose appeal and serve next summer too? That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard :joy:

Either you'll take it and just serve summer+Jan or you'll appeal now.
  • WryLucky
    1337 posts Professional

serve the summer, appeal and have January postponed, lose appeal and serve next summer too? That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard :joy:

At this point I wouldn't bother appealing.
  • finsfan85
    11290 posts Has That Special Something
    So that’s a midfield of Barkley, Jorginho, and Kovacic for the final...
  • El_Nino
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero

It’s boomba, he speciallies in ridiculous comments.

By the looks of things were just going to accept the ban and let Lampard give the youngsters a chance, which wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world
  • Ahmer50x

By the looks of things were just going to accept the ban and let Lampard give the youngsters a chance, which wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world

It honestly makes sense.

Get a (hopefully) long term manager in and let him appraise what he has during something out of his control. Then, spend big and back him to plug the remaining holes.

Only issue I can see is that without Hazard you'll finish 6th and you'll need the fans/Roman to back Lampard through that. Neither has the greatest record of supporting their manager.
  • El_Nino
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero

It honestly makes sense.

Get a (hopefully) long term manager in and let him appraise what he has during something out of his control. Then, spend big and back him to plug the remaining holes.

Only issue I can see is that without Hazard you'll finish 6th and you'll need the fans/Roman to back Lampard through that. Neither has the greatest record of supporting their manager.
    The fans will stick by Lampard through anything, it would take something stupendous to make the fans turn on him.(I’d like to think that applies to roman too).

Honestly it’s a no lose situation, with a transfer ban and no hazard were massive outsiders fortop 4 regardless, so why not gamble and see if Lampard is ready, he’s loved by everyone and would use the youngsters, and if it doesn’t work out we’ll end up finishing 10th apposed to 6th, and who really cares?