Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    13708 posts Has That Special Something

Sky saying you've got no desire to change managers.
  • Shshj
    3250 posts National Call-Up
    I wish that were true but I think there's been too many reports to the contrary now.

No smoke without fire and all that.
  • Ahmer50x

He claims Juve have held advanced talks for Sarri. Also says Allegri met with Raiola in London who then met with Chelsea and PSG so could be something there.
  • Shshj
    If Sarri is really off then I'd be surprised if we weren't at least sounding out Allegri. He's the biggest name on the free manager market now, Lampard makes more sense but I'm sure a part of Roman is nagging him to go for Allegri.
  • Cyodine
    913 posts Semi-Pro
    Shshj wrote: »
    If Sarri is really off then I'd be surprised if we weren't at least sounding out Allegri. He's the biggest name on the free manager market now, Lampard makes more sense but I'm sure a part of Roman is nagging him to go for Allegri.

You guys should go for Mourinho again. At least he would know the routine at Chelsea.
  • finsfan85
    11226 posts Has That Special Something
    He also says in the comments that it could take several months before the grounds are issued. Maybe this is the reason we are considering serving the ban? If we can’t do any business this summer, then we will have already served half the ban 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Boomba
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 22
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Really really don’t understand what this club is doing atm. We’ve just gotten champions league, and despite this we show no signs of wanting to sign players(postpone the ban) and we’re sacking Sarri?!
    I can only hope the reason we aren’t trying to postpone the ban is due to us wanting a new manager in first.

We were lucky to get the Champions League qualifications/3rd place. Then you look at our matches in the Europa League, there's no reason for us not to get to the finals but winning it is another story(be the only hard team we faced lol).

That mid-season was disgusting and which is where I criticized the most and rightfully so.
  • El_Nino
    1844 posts Play-Off Hero
    Boomba wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Really really don’t understand what this club is doing atm. We’ve just gotten champions league, and despite this we show no signs of wanting to sign players(postpone the ban) and we’re sacking Sarri?!
    I can only hope the reason we aren’t trying to postpone the ban is due to us wanting a new manager in first.

We were lucky to get the Champions League qualifications/3rd place. Then you look at our matches in the Europa League, there's no reason for us not to get to the finals but winning it is another story(be the only hard team we faced lol).

That mid-season was disgusting and which is where I criticized the most and rightfully so.

We were lucky to get 3rd, and yet it’s the 4th highest total points ever, to get CL football. It’s just disguised by a poor ending. There’s been times this season where any of the teams between 3-6th could compete with Liverpool/City for A run of about 10 games, but no one else has done it consistently like those two.

Are you saying you want Sarri out?
  • Gervonta
    3470 posts National Call-Up
    So the ban is all but confirmed , I can see you struggling now hazards leaving and you can’t purchase anyone
  • finsfan85
    There goes one of Boomba’s solutions at winger.

• WryLucky
    1331 posts Professional
    I completely forget that Victor Moses is still at the club.
  • Shshj
    I can't see him staying for long if Sarri does leave, this season has proved that his "regista" role is a completely foreign concept in English football. It would be interesting to see him under another manager though.
  • El_Nino
    1844 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’d be disappointed to see him leave, see no reason he couldn’t be debateably even better alongside Kante in a 4231 for example
  • Cyodine
    913 posts Semi-Pro
    I can't see him staying for long if Sarri does leave, this season has proved that his "regista" role is a completely foreign concept in English football. It would be interesting to see him under another manager though.

If Sarri gets sacked, then he should be allowed to take Jorginho with him. Hopefully he does not get sacked as he has done a great job with Chelsea this season. He needs a season or two to build his team, he's playing with a Jose/Conte style team.

I understand Roman has been successful at bringing in managers and winning something but the league has Pep and Klopp and it will be difficult to beat their teams with ease.
  • Shshj
    Cyodine wrote: »

If Sarri gets sacked, then he should be allowed to take Jorginho with him. Hopefully he does not get sacked as he has done a great job with Chelsea this season. He needs a season or two to build his team, he's playing with a Jose/Conte style team.

I understand Roman has been successful at bringing in managers and winning something but the league has Pep and Klopp and it will be difficult to beat their teams with ease.

I agree completely, although it's going to be an extremely rough year with our ban coming up. It's fairly safe to assume that our current squad without Hazard isn't going to finish in the top four, but people will still demand Sarri's head when things inevitably go wrong - unfortunately I don't see the board suppressing such vocal frustration for a second time.

Hiring Sarri was supposed to represent this huge change in mentality at the club, it makes no sense to sack him so soon and any Chelsea fan still demanding he leaves is completely out of touch.
  • Shshj
    Good news (as good as this gets anyway)

• Shshj
    It doesn't look as though we're appealing against the ban so that's probably rubbish considering we wouldn't even be able to register Coutinho.
  • Snugglebites
    927 posts Semi-Pro
    No idea why Madrid want Hazard when Sane is available at a similar price.
  • Shshj

Are you being serious? :joy:
  • Ahmer50x
    edited May 24
    finsfan85 wrote: »

Good deal for all involved.

Moses gets to try and win a scudetto, Chelsea get money back, and Fener can offload his wages as they rebuild after the calamitous season they’ve had
  • Shshj wrote: »

Yeah, 5 years younger and has arguably a better end product, if you discount all the penalties Hazard takes.
  • Shshj

Yeah, 5 years younger and has arguably a better end product, if you discount all the penalties Hazard takes.

You can discount Eden's penalties but also remember he's surrounded by Willian, Giroud, Higuain, Pedro and Barkley while Sane enjoys the riches of both Silva's, De Bruyne, Aguero and Sterling. Hazard is arguably the best PL player this side of 2010, he's available for a massive discount and is also coming off the most productive season of his career with us.

Sane may have a higher ceiling - but he's been discarded by both Pep and Löw, there's clearly a problem there somewhere. I'd seriously question the sanity of anyone who would take him over Hazard.
  • Ahmer50x
    Eh, they'd both be great signings.

Hazard better today and for the next few years, but Sane offers longevity and the potential for more to come.

I'm just happy both are leaving our rivals.
  • Shshj
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Eh, they'd both be great signings.

Hazard better today and for the next few years, but Sane offers longevity and the potential for more to come.

I'm just happy both are leaving our rivals.

I'm disappointed that he's leaving the league because of his potential but I actually don't think City will miss Sane that much. He barely played during their mental winning run towards the end of the season, plus they already have Sterling for the left and Bernardo for the right. No doubt they'll go big on some sort of replacement too.
  • Cyodine
    913 posts Semi-Pro
    Cyodine wrote: »

I agree completely, although it's going to be an extremely rough year with our ban coming up. It's fairly safe to assume that our current squad without Hazard isn't going to finish in the top four, but people will still demand Sarri's head when things inevitably go wrong - unfortunately I don't see the board suppressing such vocal frustration for a second time.

Hiring Sarri was supposed to represent this huge change in mentality at the club, it makes no sense to sack him so soon and any Chelsea fan still demanding he leaves is completely out of touch.

Exactly, Sarri was brought in to create the attractive football that all of the big clubs are after. He needs at least two full seasons before he can create his team. With the transfer ban, the Chelsea management might as well give him this season and the next. Even if he does get sacked, I cant see any other manager coming in and turning things around without any key signings.

Honestly the biggest problem I have with Chelsea, is their managers never seem to ever get the backing or support they require.
  • finsfan85

Interesting piece from the article:

“Real Madrid also suffered a setback in their pursuit of Eintracht Frankfurt striker Luka Jovic, who scored in both legs of the Europa League semi-final against Chelsea.

They thought a £52.9m agreement had been all but finalised, only for Eintracht Frankfurt to up the asking price to £88.1m.“