Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• CFCsjmishra
    8885 posts League Winner
    SchuperSpe wrote: »
    Is Diego Costa available for the next game,if he is not would like to see Remy start.The lad deserves it.Also would love if Cuadrado plays the whole 90 minutes.. :) :wink:
    League Cup final, the second goal belongs Diego Costa

I am sorry,didn't get you ?
  • Samuel
    319 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 2015
    Is Diego Costa available for the next game,if he is not would like to see Remy start.The lad deserves it.Also would love if Cuadrado plays the whole 90 minutes.. :) :wink:

He's referring to Diego having been officially credited with the second goal in the league cup final. We officially have a 20 goal-a-season striker again, what a time to be alive.
  • Jaymizzo
    2345 posts Fans' Favourite
    Samuel wrote: »

He's referring to Diego having been officially credited with the second goal in the league cup final. We officially have a 20 goal-a-season striker again, what a time to be alive.

Only cost you an arm and a leg to get to this point. I guess the end result is all that matters.
  • CFCsjmishra
    8885 posts League Winner
    Samuel wrote: »

I was just saying that Remy should start ahead of Drogba if Diego is not fit :)
  • CFCsjmishra
    8885 posts League Winner
    Who would you all like Chelsea to sign this summer:

I am looking at Varane(He is the best defender around and has previously worked with Jose.I think we should get him as soon as JT hangs up his boots.
  • Dribbly
    9114 posts League Winner

I am looking at Varane(He is the best defender around and has previously worked with Jose.I think we should get him as soon as JT hangs up his boots.

Don't need Varane (yet), Zouma has done fantastic when given a chance and his development shouldn't be stifled, Terry has another year in him and Cahill despite being trash this season will hopefully go back to being decent next season.

Don't think we need to sign anyone other than a reserve GK when Cech inevitably leaves (Green gets my vote), get rid of Ramires and give Ruben Loftus Cheek a chance and it's another title winning side. Wouldnt say no to Raheem if he is available for a relatively reasonable price but not exactly a priority as Cuadrado deserves a chance.
    Hazard - Costa - Cuadrado
    Cesc - Matic - English Socrates
    Filipe - Terry - Zouma - Azpi
    Courtois

Looks magical.
  • G000ner
    3686 posts National Call-Up
    Ivanovic has done pretty well this season I thought, should probably play centre-back if he's not going to play as right-back.
  • Dribbly
    9114 posts League Winner
    G000ner wrote: »
    Ivanovic has done pretty well this season I thought, should probably play centre-back if he's not going to play as right-back.
    He has done very well but I think Azpilicueta is a better full back than him and I can't put into words how much I hate us playing Azpilicueta at left back over Filipe. You could argue Azpi is better defensively than Filipe but we look so much better going forward with Filipe at left back, it makes Hazard far more dangerous as the oppositions right side have a full back to deal with and Hazard isn't left with a 2 on 1 situation all the time.

Could well find himself at centre back more if Cahill can't rediscover his form although I'd prefer Zouma to atleast start as first choice. Either way it's a long season and with only 3 recognised full backs they would all get a decent amount of games.
  • Dribbly
    9114 posts League Winner
    Oh and Bamford just scoring again reminded me I'd like him to come into the squad next season and replace Drogba. Got nothing against Drogba, think he has done well for us when called upon but with Bamford and Solanke coming through I dont think he is needed as a player for another year, hopefully he stays on in a non playing role.
  • Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bamford is Championship-bottom half of the PL standard.
  • Tamerlane
    5281 posts Big Money Move
    Is Project Cleveland still missing? I didn't expect him to take that roasting from Ward that badly. :D
  • xXBarkleyXx
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect

Varane is very good but not the best defender around imo. He can't even force his way into madrids starting 11. Right now JT is better and Thiago silva is better.

• xXBarkleyXx

Not a bad player to have as back up though

It's painful watching the legend that is drogba having to sit on the bench :disappointed:
  • Sloosh
    6751 posts Big Money Move
    Any suggestions on how to improve the OP?
  • Dribbly
    9114 posts League Winner
    While that statement is unproven as of yet even if it is true as third choice he would still be a decent option.

• xXBarkleyXx
    edited April 2015
    Sloosh wrote: »
    Any suggestions on how to improve the OP?

pic of Jose?
  • Tamerlane
    Dribbly wrote: »
    While that statement is unproven as of yet even if it is true as third choice he would still be a decent option.
    Would he really want to be spending some of the most formative years of his careers playing as a "decent third option?" I know that it would be typical of Jose's youth policy, but I think he would be better off elsewhere.
  • Dribbly
    9114 posts League Winner
    edited April 2015
    Tamerlane wrote: »
    Would he really want to be spending some of the most formative years of his careers playing as a "decent third option?" I know that it would be typical of Jose's youth policy, but I think he would be better off elsewhere.
    Maybe not but on the other hand Drogba has played 27 games this year in all competitions (a fair amount of them as a sub admittedly) as third choice so assuming Costa and Remy are injured/suspended a similar amount next season he would get a fair number of games. If he has faith in his own ability he might think he can overtake Remy also.

Either way it seems a much better option to just promote one of Bamford or Solanke from our point of view than buy a player to be behind Remy and Costa.
  • Tamerlane
    edited April 2015
    Certainly from your point of view it makes sense. The 27 games stat for Drogba is a bit misleading, though-he's actually had 33 overall, 21 in the league, and out of those league appearances, it looks as if only 9 of those appearances lasted more than 10 minutes and only 5 more than 20 minutes. In fact, he's only managed more than one half of football in 3 league matches.

Granted, he has gotten decent time in the cups, but only really against Maribor and at home to Schalke.
  • Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero
    That's massively misleading. Drogba has played about 1037 mins in those 33 games, that's roughly an average of 31 minutes a game.
  • Dribbly
    9114 posts League Winner
    Certainly from your point of view it makes sense. The 27 games stat for Drogba is a bit misleading, though-he's actually had 33 overall, 21 in the league, and out of those league appearances, it looks as if only 9 of those appearances lasted more than 10 minutes and only 5 more than 20 minutes. In fact, he's only managed more than one half of football in 3 league matches.

Granted, he has gotten decent time in the cups, but only really against Maribor and at home to Schalke.
    Yep I admitted most of them were from the bench, I'm not saying it would be an ideal situation for Bamford but I don't think it would be the worst situation for him either, I'm hoping now Mourinho has a trophy again he won't bother with the domestic cups next season either so maybe Bamford or Solanke could get starts in both Capital One and FA cup.

Besides he wouldn't be the first young player to have to rely on an injury to get a chance anyway.
  • CFCsjmishra
    8885 posts League Winner
    Diego Costa, who came off in the last league game at Hull due to a hamstring injury, is available for tomorrow’s match against Stoke although a decision is yet to be made on whether the striker will begin the game or be on the bench.
  • Slawter
    3752 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2015

Don't need Varane (yet), Zouma has done fantastic when given a chance and his development shouldn't be stifled, Terry has another year in him and Cahill despite being trash this season will hopefully go back to being decent next season.

Don't think we need to sign anyone other than a reserve GK when Cech inevitably leaves (Green gets my vote), get rid of Ramires and give Ruben Loftus Cheek a chance and it's another title winning side. Wouldnt say no to Raheem if he is available for a relatively reasonable price but not exactly a priority as Cuadrado deserves a chance.
    Hazard - Costa - Cuadrado
    Cesc - Matic - English Socrates
    Filipe - Terry - Zouma - Azpi
    Courtois

Looks magical.

I think you've absolutely hit the nail on the head there.
    And with Bamford, simply put noone can possibly know what could happen with him whatever he ends up doing. He may replace Drogba as 3rd choice, or he may not, if he does replace him he may get the amount of minutes he needs, or he may not, getting shipped out on loan again in January.

Personally I want to see him get his chance, but regardless it will be exciting to see what happens.
  • Tamerlane
    No Ivanovic? He's absolutely despicable, but he's always struck me as a great player.
  • CFCsjmishra
    8885 posts League Winner
    No Ivanovic? He's absolutely despicable, but he's always struck me as a great player.

I think Ivanovic should be played as a centre-back.Exposed too many times in the full back position and we can't afford to keep Luis on the bench.
  • Samuel
    319 posts Sunday League Hero
    The lack of a recognised, successful youth product since John Terry has understandably left us yearning for one of our multiple heralded talents to come into the senior squad.

To use Zouma's arrival as an example, he seemed the lack the mental facets of the game.
    The game play he received in smaller, less important games ultimately was conductive to his development. Slowly, under the tutelage of Terry and Mourinho, the dissipate, and the reason we had paid 12 million for his talents soon became evident. His development culminated in Mourinho’s bold move (by his standards, at least) of starting him against Liverpool in a League Cup semi-final.

What ultimately enabled Zouma to succeed was the amount of time he got in “easier” games. He learned from his mistakes quickly to grow into a serious rival for Gary Cahill. I'd opine that it’s absolutely imperative that Bamford gets a similar trajectory into the senior squad. Patrick may be highly talented, but this certainly doesn’t strike me as the correct method of integrating him into our senior squad. We shouldn’t let the dearth of youth products delude us into believing that he’s better and more ready than he actually is at this point.

The last thing I'd want for his development is to be marginalised here as our 3rd choice striker and just be watching from the dugouts. It would be quite fitting if Middlesbrough were to be promoted, so that he could get a serious amounts of games in the Premier League.
  • CFCsjmishra
    8885 posts League Winner
    edited April 2015

He is great when going forward though !
  • Dribbly
    9114 posts League Winner
    Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Remy.

Im confident we will win but I'm not particularly happy with this. Azpi back at LB is a mistake and neither Oscar or Willian deserve to be in the first 11 currently. Hopefully they prove me wrong though.
  • Sloosh
    6751 posts Big Money Move
    Quite happy to see Remy getting a start, will be interesting to see how he fares.
  • CFCsjmishra
    8885 posts League Winner
    edited April 2015
    C'mon no start for Cuad again.This is getting on my nerves. :(