Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• Thefranchise92
    9876 posts Has That Special Something
    WryLucky wrote: »

Would have loved to see nkunku at the World Cup against a low block. It may be another Werner situation in terms of he’s used to playing on the counter and not low block
  • WryLucky
    7094 posts Big Money Move
    Been hearing a lot of good things about him.
  • Shshj
    14989 posts World Class
    edited November 2022
    Some more interesting points from Matt Law’s article tonight;

- Mount’s contract discussions to continue after the World Cup. Progress has been made, his representatives are pushing for a deal worth around £300k per week which is a huge increase from his current contract.

- Boehly was in Qatar to watch the England game yesterday. Chelsea are very interested in Bellingham and have made early inroads with the player, but face stiff competition. Dortmund’s asking price is expected to be above £100m.

- Chelsea are also keen on Rice with West Ham likely to cash in on their star man next summer for a fee of around £70m. Rice’s familiarity with his childhood club and desire to stay in London could give Chelsea the key advantage if a bidding war were to emerge.
  • WryLucky
    Mount is free to leave if he wants 300k.
  • Thefranchise92
    Think last season was the time to ask for that type of money. He won’t get that anywhere so he stays and lowers his demands.
  • Thefranchise92
    Shshj wrote: »
    Some more interesting points from Matt Law’s article tonight;

- Mount’s contract discussions to continue after the World Cup. Progress has been made, his representatives are pushing for a deal worth around £300k per week which is a huge increase from his current contract.

- Boehly was in Qatar to watch the England game yesterday. Chelsea are very interested in Bellingham and have made early inroads with the player, but face stiff competition. Dortmund’s asking price is expected to be above £100m.

- Chelsea are also keen on Rice with West Ham likely to cash in on their star man next summer for a fee of around £70m. Rice’s familiarity with his childhood club and desire to stay in London could give Chelsea the key advantage if a bidding war were to emerge.

I love this is happening so much. Club sets extortionate fee for player ( 150mill) no one pays it obviously. Player refuses to sign new deal. Club has to cash in for much less or risk losing on a free.

Could have been avoided in spurs and hammers case if they weren’t greedy
  • VVD4
    9273 posts League Winner
    Haven't seen @player for a while.
  • Shshj
    14989 posts World Class

Things you love to see.
  • VVD4
    9273 posts League Winner

Rice: "haha, these guys have to play for Chelsea whereas I'm going to be flourishing under Klopp soon".
  • Stlducks
    10422 posts Has That Special Something
    I can’t wait for Rice to be a major Chelsea flopp after three years of Chelsea fans flirting with him.
  • Shshj
    14989 posts World Class
    Stlducks wrote: »
    I can’t wait for Rice to be a major Chelsea flopp after three years of Chelsea fans flirting with him.

He’s the one signing that I think will be a massive success if/when it does happen.

Maybe he should just choose the #9…
  • Shshj
    14989 posts World Class
    I know that we were extremely keen on Ivan Toney, so much so that extensive talks with both his representatives & Brentford were well underway. That’s one I would’ve pencilled under the “very likely” column for next summer.

But that was before news of his betting scandal broke and now it’s looking likely that Toney will face a lengthy ban, similar to the 10-week ban imposed on Trippier a couple of years back.

I honestly don’t know whether that’ll have a significant impact on our interest, but Toney was very high on Chelsea’s list of priorities.

- Simon Phillips
  • Cyodine
    6764 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2022
    The betting scandal has probably saved his career instead of throwing it away at Chelsea.
  • Stlducks
    10422 posts Has That Special Something

He’s the one signing that I think will be a massive success if/when it does happen.

I think it depends on the final fee to set the bar for what would be a success. I can't see him being Drinkwater bad but I could see him being average or just above. Which is not what you want when paying £80m+.
  • Shshj
    14989 posts World Class

I think it depends on the final fee to set the bar for what would be a success. I can't see him being Drinkwater bad but I could see him being average or just above. Which is not what you want when paying £80m+.

The main reason I’m confident he’ll be a success is his profile alone. He brings something different to an area where we desperately need improvement. Just having a reliable figure who can stay fit would be an improvement over our current options.
  • Shshj
    14989 posts World Class
    I’d genuinely have him, Hutchinson and Hall all around the first team when we return. Nothing to lose and they can replace the personnel who’ll be leaving anyway.
  • WryLucky
    Less to focus on for the rest of the season I guess.
  • Tornado31619
    35017 posts World Cup Winner
    City with the easy draw again
  • Thefranchise92
    I wonder who the player is who thinks chelsea made a mistake sacking tuchel for Potter is
  • Ashy
    24674 posts Club Captain
    :
    I wonder who the player is who thinks chelsea made a mistake sacking tuchel for Potter is

Auba :D
  • Thefranchise92
    Ashy wrote: »
    :

Auba :D

Bingo probably
  • G000ner
    9751 posts League Winner
    edited November 2022

Probably the same player that blamed Tuchel a couple months ago. There's a reason why the manager position is a revolving door at Chelsea
  • edwinstreeII
    388 posts Sunday League Hero
    Watching that Lukaku performance against Croatia has me bouncing.

People only deserve sympathy and support in the tough times if they’re humble and respectful during the good times. Karma at its finest.
  • G000ner
    9751 posts League Winner
    Watching that Lukaku performance against Croatia has me bouncing.

People only deserve sympathy and support in the tough times if they’re humble and respectful during the good times. Karma at its finest.

Isn't he gonna be back at Chelsea next season
  • Shshj
    14989 posts World Class
    Kepa, James, Fofana and Chilwell all expected to be back for the Bournemouth game is a really nice boost.
  • El_Nino
    10695 posts Has That Special Something
    If only we'd just kept Giroud.