Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• Shshj
    14302 posts Has That Special Something
    Apparently Potter was in charge, would love to see Chukwuemeka get some minutes soon.

• WryLucky
    6763 posts Big Money Move
    It seems we are best friends with Brighton now.
  • Shshj
    A very telling appointment, it’s clear that Boehly wants Freund to foster another Red Bull situation here.

Can’t really argue against it when you look at some of the talents Salzburg have had.
  • edwinstreeII
    313 posts Sunday League Hero
    He clearly has a plan for the future, my guess is that he wants a small network of clubs with us at the centre.

Hiring Salzburg’s DoF who has been heavily involved in Red Bull’s project, and it looks like Boehly wants a second director on board too.

Throw in the substantial rumours about purchasing a Belgian or Portuguese club to act as a subsidiary club given the new Brexit permit rules. There’s been more talk about the partnership with Santos to cover South America too.

It may take a few years to manifest but it’s exciting. Massive potential if it goes well.
  • Shshj
    edited September 18
    An attacker (Leao?), midfielder (Rice?), and GK the main targets for next summer?

• WryLucky
    Only one I know for certain we'll go for is Leao
  • Ashy
    23197 posts Club Captain
    Rice or De Jong I think will be a midfielder target
  • Shshj
    Wouldn’t be surprised to see our policies shift to be fair, especially now we have an actual structure in place.

No doubt there’ll be a couple of marquee names but I’d expect some “hidden gems” signings from Potter and Freund too.
  • edwinstreeII
    The last 11 days have been a real whirlwind in this country. Now we have an international break to sit through.

I just want my fix of Potterball.
  • Cyodine
    6447 posts Big Money Move
    The last 11 days have been a real whirlwind in this country. Now we have an international break to sit through.

Why do Chelsea fans attach the word ball to their managers names? Seems like a bad omen. I don't see any other fans saying Pepball or Kloppball.
  • WryLucky
    Cyodine wrote: »

Why do Chelsea fans attach the word ball to their managers names? Seems like a bad omen. I don't see any other fans saying Pepball or Kloppball.

Because it's a joke.
  • El_Nino
    10418 posts Has That Special Something

It's been done to literally every manager, for every club.
  • Pietu
    12661 posts Has That Special Something
    El_Nino wrote: »

It's been done to literally every manager, for every club.

Yeah many clubs do it and i don't like it :joy:
  • Ashy
    23197 posts Club Captain
    Haha :D
  • WryLucky
    Nothing is ever simple here.
  • edwinstreeII
    Not sure which intermediaries the new owners are doing business with but they have to stop. Far too much information being released which is ultimately making them look competent.
  • Ibte10
    2738 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not sure which intermediaries the new owners are doing business with but they have to stop. Far too much information being released which is ultimately making them look competent.

Yeah, way too much stuff is being leaked even before a deal is really done. They did a similar thing for the Kounde deal. It is very annoying.
  • edwinstreeII
    Yep. Having said that I’m not as worried about this appointment, if people don’t want to join then so be it. It’s not about going out and getting someone well-known because there’s no guarantee that their success will translate to a new club.

It’s absolutely vital we take our time and get someone who’ll fit well with Potter and Boehly.
  • edwinstreeII
    edited September 20
    Sick to death of this guy by the way. We won that match, we won the entire tournament. It’s all history now but he’s moaning about it 18 months on.

If this is for his book then he was ready to release these quotes regardless of Tuchel’s job security at the time. Yet more ridiculous and petulant behaviour.

• G000ner
    9311 posts League Winner
    Just when you thought it couldn't get any lower for the LeBron James of soccer
  • WryLucky
    Hopefully he'll be sold next year.
  • Shshj
    It’s funny that certain portions of Twitter and Reddit have convinced themselves that Tuchel was the reason Pulisic was riding the bench.

He’s just a bang average footballer who doesn’t deserve to start at this level and his actions are doing him absolutely no favours.
  • Shshj
    edited September 21
    - Chelsea have already sat down with Potter to discuss the futures of the current playing squad. One particular name that’s been passed onto me this week is Ivan Toney, who Potter tried to sign while at Brighton.

- Toney was of interest to Chelsea this summer but no formal approach was ever made. That is likely to change next year, he is one of the new management’s favoured targets in attack.

- Chelsea let down by Freund’s decision to stay at Salzburg. It is believed he had no intentions of departing on sour terms with the Austrian club.

- They grew reluctant to sanction any exit when it became clear Freund was planning to bring his scouting network with him to Chelsea.

- Chelsea now looking at different options, no shortage of suitors interested in the role. Boehly wants to make multiple hires, with the club yet to replace any of Granovskaia, Cech or McLachlan.

- There is a recall clause in CHO’s loan contract at Leverkusen which activates in January. Potter rates him very highly and wants to give him a chance.

• Thefranchise92
    8334 posts League Winner
    Shshj wrote: »
    - Chelsea have already sat down with Potter to discuss the futures of the current playing squad. One particular name that’s been passed onto me this week is Ivan Toney, who Potter tried to sign while at Brighton.

- Toney was of interest to Chelsea this summer but no formal approach was ever made. That is likely to change next year, he is one of the new management’s favoured targets in attack.

- Chelsea let down by Freund’s decision to stay at Salzburg. It is believed he had no intentions of departing on sour terms with the Austrian club.

- They grew reluctant to sanction any exit when it became clear Freund was planning to bring his scouting network with him to Chelsea.

- Chelsea now looking at different options, no shortage of suitors interested in the role. Boehly wants to make multiple hires, with the club yet to replace any of Granovskaia, Cech or McLachlan.

- There is a recall clause in CHO’s loan contract at Leverkusen which activates in January. Potter rates him very highly and wants to give him a chance.

The CHO situation is one of the strangest I’ve seen at chelsea always rated him and he’s never been given a chance. Bayern bid 50 mill for him and you didn’t accept only to not play him.
    Potter will hopefully turn him around
  • Bobo23
    5456 posts Big Money Move

The CHO situation is one of the strangest I’ve seen at chelsea always rated him and he’s never been given a chance. Bayern bid 50 mill for him and you didn’t accept only to not play him.
    That achilles injury really set him back when he was starting to find his feet, he's just never really looked the same ever since.

He really just needs a long stretch of games to get back into some sort of rhythm and find some form.
  • Thefranchise92
    8334 posts League Winner
    Bobo23 wrote: »

That achilles injury really set him back when he was starting to find his feet, he's just never really looked the same ever since.

He really just needs a long stretch of games to get back into some sort of rhythm and find some form.

I’ve had a fair few injuries. Burnt my leg, deep cut into the area between my thumb and index finger but Achilles tendinitis was up there. Took 6 months to feel ok, can only imagine if it’s actually ruptured
  • WryLucky
    It's not very secret now.