Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• Stlducks
    9430 posts League Winner
    WryLucky wrote: »
    Stlducks wrote: »
    £40m plus add ons would be a good deal for Sterling. I can just easily see him being a flop for you though. He’s already inconsistent and then add in whatever voodoo you guys have with attackers. Hard to see him scoring enough to warrant the price.

Maybe if we buy someone inconsistent they become good? Who knows...

Might as well try it.
  • Cyodine
    5880 posts Big Money Move
    Stlducks wrote: »
    £40m plus add ons would be a good deal for Sterling. I can just easily see him being a flop for you though. He’s already inconsistent and then add in whatever voodoo you guys have with attackers. Hard to see him scoring enough to warrant the price.

At that price he's definitely worth it and for sure bags at least 10g/5a in the league to justify his price. If he can do that, then he's already proven his worth compared to Chelsea's other wingers. Sterling seems like a fairly safe investment in terms of what he's already done in the league. I'd like to see Chelsea struggle with another attacker but I don't see Sterling being a complete flop as much as I'd like him to be.
  • WryLucky
    6431 posts Big Money Move
    Were taking the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ with some of these offers we've made for players so far :D
  • Ashy
    21082 posts Club Captain
    If you actually manage to offload Werner fair play, guy is on north of £250k a week and coming off a terrible season and his first season wasn't good either.
  • WryLucky
    Ashy wrote: »
    If you actually manage to offload Werner fair play, guy is on north of £250k a week and coming off a terrible season and his first season wasn't good either.

Having Werner and Lukaku gone from the wage books saves 600k a week. 600k!
  • Ashy
    21082 posts Club Captain
    Cech gone aswell

I have a real bad feeling about this long term for you :p
  • WryLucky
    Cech gone aswell

I have a real bad feeling about this long term for you :p

Thankfully I feel fine.
  • Shshj
    12826 posts Has That Special Something
    Sad to see Cech go but I’m not sure what he did behind the scenes, seemed like he was just an assistant to Marina.
  • Ashy
    21082 posts Club Captain
    Sound like your new owner has turned dictator this window and seems to love a swap deal, only issue is nobody else like swap deals, this isn't American football.

Could be a long window
  • WryLucky
    Sound like your new owner has turned dictator this window and seems to love a swap deal, only issue is nobody else like swap deals, this isn't American football.

Could be a long window

It was going to be a long window, if Marina stayed we would never be able to sell anyone which means we wouldn't have been able to bring anyone in. Also both Marina and Cech wanted to give Lukaku one more year maybe partly why Cech left.
  • Shshj
    It’s been said before but I think people underestimated how bad our squad looks. It was never going to be easy to shift flops and squad-players on big money.

We do need to start getting things over the line. Pre-season starts in two weeks and it doesn’t seem like any of our targets are imminent. This week is an important one and people will understandably start to panic if nothing gets done.
  • Shshj
    Must admit I’m not concerned in the slightest about any of the big board members leaving though, other than Cech for sentimental reasons.

Their track record with transfers has been abysmal, there was absolutely nothing to suggest we should keep them around.
  • Bobo23
    4831 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 27
    The backline is the main concern for the start of the season. If we don't get some CB's in, we're looking at Chalobah and Sarr likely starting either side of Silva. Especially if Azpi leaves too.

Seems the deals for CB's will be the trickiest of the summer for us too!
    Fully expect Sterling to get done pretty straightforward.
  • WryLucky
    Yeah, I thought that would be the reason. Lukaku can't be staying here, anyone who needs to go needs to go.
  • Shshj
    The timing of the exodus is very strange.

But then you look at the Lukaku situation and their willingness to keep him. It seems like Marina was still charge of the negotiations for Kounde and Sterling too.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that something has happened behind the scenes with them
    & Boehly’s ideas for running the club.
  • El_Nino
    9821 posts League Winner
    It's seems that Boehly has a pretty clear agenda to try and streamline our scouting and transfer policies. Bringing us more in line with what you see from Liverpool.

We have a fantastic manager, who is as good as almost anyone in world football, and has already brought a CL, fully support Boehly's approach to the situation from what I can see from the outside.
  • Ibte10
    2668 posts Fans' Favourite
    A lot of responsibility on Boehly now to get the players we need. It looks like the interest in Kounde is mostly gone and we are going for De Ligt and Sterling. We need to get players in asap with preseason starting soon.
  • WryLucky
    Still think we could probably do with both Kounde and De Ligt
  • Shshj
    Will be interesting to see if we make a bigger play for Raphinha now.

• arsenalap
    13857 posts Has That Special Something
    Shshj wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see if we make a bigger play for Raphinha now.

Na m8
  • Ashy
    21082 posts Club Captain
    edited June 27
    Feel like a £55-60m price is a lot higher than what Demeble would have had in additional wages and signing on fee. The big factor will also be if Mount plays as a RW/RF or drops back into central midfield I feel, if that happens then Raphinha would start and would be more inclined to come
  • Shshj
    As far as individual targets go Sterling and De Ligt seem to be the big ones. After that it’s anyone’s guess.

I’d imagine Raphinha takes Ziyech’s spot in the squad, as well as providing cover for RWB too.
  • Ashy
    21082 posts Club Captain
    edited June 27
    Shshj wrote: »
    As far as individual targets go Sterling and De Ligt seem to be the big ones. After that it’s anyone’s guess.

I’d imagine Raphinha takes Ziyech’s spot in the squad, as well as providing cover for RWB too.

Yep this is what I mean so does playing back up winger and back up RWB for a UCL team a better option than playing starting winger for a Europa League team pushing to be in the top 4, Chelsea spot in the top 4 isn't certain by any means
  • Shshj
    Seems like our summer shortlist is pretty much complete;

- Clauss
    - Two of De Ligt/Ake/Kounde/Skriniar
    - Raphinha/Richarlison/Dembele
    - Sterling

• WryLucky
    I don't really see the point of getting Ake back.
  • Shshj
    WryLucky wrote: »
    I don't really see the point of getting Ake back.

I can see the appeal, left-footed with Premier League experience. Very price-dependant though because City won't let him go on the cheap.
  • Ashy
    21082 posts Club Captain
    No CM or DM? Kante, Kovacic, Jorginho Gallagher and RLC will be the 5 going into this season