• SimenHP
    5289 posts Big Money Move
    Thank you Rudiger. Can't wait to see you in white
  • Shshj
    12340 posts Has That Special Something
    How have we conceded to Dan Gosling lol
  • WryLucky
    6226 posts Big Money Move
    I'm glad I chose more interesting games to watch today, better than watching Barkley and Kennedy play
  • WryLucky
    Barkley took my comment personally I see :D
  • Shshj
    A nice way to end that mess of a season, Chilwell coming back too.

Highest points tally since we last won the league. Onto next season.
  • WryLucky
    Just waiting on that takeover confirmation, all I want.
  • Shshj
    Giroud scoring twice to give Tomori & Milan the Scudetto.

Chuffed for both of them.
  • Shshj
    edited May 22
    Massive part of our future if we want to continue to be successful.

• CFCsjmishra
    9322 posts League Winner
    Mendy-James-Chilwell-Kovacic-Gallagher-Mount-Havertz

We have a strong core with solid back-up players. Just need to get some stability and we will surely be up there with Liverpool and City next season.
  • VVD4
    5928 posts Big Money Move
    Mendy-James-Chilwell-Kovacic-Gallagher-Mount-Havertz

We have a strong core with solid back-up players. Just need to get some stability and we will surely be up there with Liverpool and City next season.

But if you compare that core to City’s or Liverpool’s, it’s not that close tbh.
  • WryLucky
    We're not going to challenge for two seasons, need too many players.
  • Shshj
    edited May 22
    Yeah, Liverpool & City are still leaps ahead of us. We have a few top players, they both have several.

Next season is a transitional one in every sense of the word. Let’s see where we’re standing come August.
  • Shshj
    The Tchouameni news is a big blow for us.

Maybe we’ll sign a cheaper CM this summer, with an all-out push for Rice next year when he’s more obtainable.
  • WryLucky
    Rice is invevitable
  • WryLucky
    I didn't realise Rudiger has never been sent off for us, I don't know how he managed that with the tackles he makes
  • Shshj
    edited May 23
    Werner wants to return to Germany. Bayern, Dortmund and Leipzig have all registered interest.

Pulisic prefers to stay but wants assurances over game time.

Lukaku needs to know what role he’ll play next season. He wants to be a key player in the squad.

There is massive interest in Ziyech from across Europe.

Every player will meet with Tuchel this week before departing for their holidays.

- All from Fabrizio Romano
  • WryLucky
    If it was possible I'd sell all of them
  • SimenHP
    5289 posts Big Money Move
    Shshj wrote: »
    Werner wants to return to Germany. Bayern, Dortmund and Leipzig have all registered interest.

Pulisic prefers to stay but wants assurances over game time.

Lukaku needs to know what role he’ll play next season. He wants to be a key player in the squad.

There is massive interest in Ziyech from across Europe.

Every player will meet with Tuchel this week before departing for their holidays.

- All from Fabrizio Romano

He has to be in denial if he doesn't understand that with how poor he played this season that he doesn't deserve to be a KEY player in our squad.
  • El_Nino
    9614 posts League Winner
    Looks potentially like Werner and Ziyech are the ones we will see leave in attack then.

Ziyech I'm happy to see, no hate for him, just has never settled and we can still get some money for him now.

Werner I'm torn on, I really want him to succeed but admittedly it feels like he won't.
  • Cyodine
    5729 posts Big Money Move
    I thought Pulisic's lack of game time was a result of his constant injuries?
  • Shshj
    edited May 23
    Cyodine wrote: »
    I thought Pulisic's lack of game time was a result of his constant injuries?

He’s been fit for a little while now, he just doesn’t deserve the game time. He’s had plenty of opportunities to own that LF spot, at which point he either picks up an injury or blows it through poor performances.

If Roman was still in charge I think he’d go but I can imagine there’s some very lucrative American sponsorship deals that Boehly will want to pursue.
  • Wyojasond
    18182 posts World Class
    Saw some stuff that Pulisic wiped alot of his Chelsea stuff off his social media. Pics are still up but the bits about him being the #10 and what not have all been erased. Take what you want from that.

Surprised you guys were still clinging to Tchoumeni. I thought he was a shoe in for you earlier this year, but the last few weeks it looked for sure he was heading to us.
  • El_Nino
    9614 posts League Winner
    edited May 23
    Could easily see Pulisic go too, he's probably the most frustrating one, genuinely alot of ability in him, but be it due to injuries or confidence he just never finds a consistent run of form.

But I do also agree Boehly coming in makes him quite a bit more likely to stay.
  • Cyodine
    5729 posts Big Money Move
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Could easily see Pulisic go too, he's probably the most frustrating one, genuinely alot of ability in him, but be it due to injuries or confidence he just never finds a consistent run of form.

I don't see any other teams taking a punt on him, he's just a glorified pace merchant at this point. He's better off being used as a super sub to run at a tired defence.
  • El_Nino
    9614 posts League Winner
    Cyodine wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »

I don't see any other teams taking a punt on him, he's just a glorified pace merchant at this point. He's better off being used as a super sub to run at a tired defence.

He definitely has the potential to be much more than that, and has shown it at times, but yes right now he just hasn't been able to strong any form of consistency together since his injury in the FA cup final against Arsenal.
  • Stlducks
    9210 posts League Winner
    He’s just not good enough for a top team. He would be great in Germany or France but in England he fits Wolves, West Ham, etc. those teams just below top four contenders.
  • Shshj
    The frustrating part is that he’s shown glimpses of how good he can be.

I was skeptical about his goalscoring record with Dortmund when he first signed, he’s definitely become a better player since then. But as El_Nino rightly said, he’s failed to kick on from his form under Frank in 2020.

He is not starting XI quality for a top side and that’s without factoring in how disruptive his injuries have been.
  • Stlducks
    9210 posts League Winner
    Probably just government talk to hurry up the sale but still something to keep an eye on.

https://www.politico.eu/newsletter/london-playbook/sue-nigh-elizabeth-line-open-24-hours-to-save-chelsea/amp/

24 HOURS TO SAVE CHELSEA: There are major developments in the footballing world today as the U.K. government warns that if a deal to sell Chelsea is not closed imminently then the club may be barred from the Premier League next season. The government is due to approve the £4 billion sale to a consortium led by American investor Todd Boehly, but a senior Whitehall insider briefs the FT’s George Parker it “still has major hurdles to overcome” as Portuguese authorities also have to approved the deal due to current owner Roman Abramovich’s citizenship in that country. The U.K. government is now in intense discussion with Portugal and the European Commission to provide them the assurances they need to licence the deal.

One government source struck a very somber tone: “It’s transfer deadline day for Chelsea and I’m seriously worried about the outcome. If the deal doesn’t get final sign off today, the sale probably can’t happen in time — that could mean Chelsea out of the league. Even if HMG grants the licence today, it’s not clear that Portugal will do the same. It’s going to come down to the wire, and unless something changes I’m not optimistic.”
  • VVD4
    5928 posts Big Money Move
    Looks like Man City could see a quick rise in fan numbers soon.