Weak foot calcs

MikeyP_FC
14666 posts Has That Special Something
So I searched WF and came across a few older threads where people said Rob, years prior, said WF is calculated as percentage in 1/5 intervals. So a 4*WFer with a 90 shot would have 90 with strong foot and 72 weak foot (90*.8=72).

A 2*WFer with 90 shot would have 36 weak foot shot then!!

Is this true? For shooting only or passing too? Anyone have any idea, or all speculation?

Comments

• Stkyfngz
    4935 posts Big Money Move
    I don't know, it's really random. I've whipped in some world class shots with a 2* WF. But the general consensus is if you want to lower that randomness, put it on the strong foot as much as you can.
  • Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »
    So I searched WF and came across a few older threads where people said Rob, years prior, said WF is calculated as percentage in 1/5 intervals. So a 4*WFer with a 90 shot would have 90 with strong foot and 72 weak foot (90*.8=72).

A 2*WFer with 90 shot would have 36 weak foot shot then!!

Is this true? For shooting only or passing too? Anyone have any idea, or all speculation?

It's a rational guess, but it's still only speculation. As far as I'm aware, there has been no detailed explanation from EA.

My plan is to just always avoid shooting and passing with everyone's weak foot (unless they're 5*).
  • MikeyP_FC
    14666 posts Has That Special Something
    Cool. Thanks guys. I do wonder...

This is one of the older threads I was referencing:
    http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/38320/is-5-star-weak-foot-really-make-it-the-same-as-stronger-foot

Last 8 posts or so claim it was confirmed by a mod. But no original source!
  • PTY BroZz
    2662 posts Fans' Favourite
    Stkyfngz wrote: »
    I don't know, it's really random. I've whipped in some world class shots with a 2* WF. But the general consensus is if you want to lower that randomness, put it on the strong foot as much as you can.

This. Sturridge fifa 15 card felt like he had 5* WF