What do you do with corners?

With the increased ability of GKs and the amount of blocks defenders make in their own box I am having some games where I get five or six corners minimum. Problem is, I very rarely score from them.

The best success I've had is driving a low pass to the player on the edge of the box and having a pop but after one or two the opponent usually gets wise to that and cuts off the pass. When I launch it straight into the box I find my player is too far from the goal to make a good attempt otherwise it's too close to the 'keeper who punches the ball clear.

What's the best method you've found to increase goals from corners?

Comments

• Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    Tall cbs normally score a decent amount for me

6 ft 4 were talking
  • NoToHullTigers
    1530 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sling it into the box and get countered :lol:
  • LeonidasJB
    21329 posts Club Captain
    Cross it to near post, or edge of box, and occasionally go for deep cross.
    Probably my most effective method is near post corners. Call your players to near post first.
  • Benjog88
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    Depends where my players choose to stand If I can see a tall player at the front post I'll chip it up for them
  • P1stolpete187
    6397 posts Big Money Move
    Either short corner or edge of the box for a volley I hate crossing it in I get countered whenever I lob it in the box.
  • FubarRipper
    604 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2015
    Benjog88 wrote: »
    Depends where my players choose to stand If I can see a tall player at the front post I'll chip it up for them

I do the same but I hate it when people exploit it by crossing to the guy on the edge of the box and shooting from there (across the keeper). Lost a game last week 2-1, and the guy scored both goals from there.
  • ArmandoAZ
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    1) driven passou to the edge of the box
    2) (call player to come close) pass to him, than to someone at the edge of the box
    3) pass to same guy as (2) and rainbow flick towards the area!
  • LeonidasJB
    21329 posts Club Captain
    Benjog88 wrote: »

I do the same but I hate it when people exploit it by crossing to the guy on the edge of the box and shooting from there (across the keeper). Lost a game last week 2-1, and the guy scored both goals from there.

It's not an exploit! It is by no means a guaranteed goal, or even a guarantee to get a shot away every time!