Gorilla 4-1-2-1-2(2) Guide

Gorilla
756 posts Semi-Pro
edited December 2015
4-1-2-1-2(2) Guide

Welcome to my 41212(2) Guide, it is my first guide so please bear with me if i miss anything out. Since the start of FIFA 15 i would like to think i have become known within the FIFA community, many people have asked me to do a guide so here i am. Its not going to be a very long guide but i hope you gain something from reading it.

Why 41212(2)?

The reason i have chosen to use this formation is simple, i like to play a fast and direct play style. Last fifa i used 4-3-1-2 with great success but i wasn't a fan of it this year. However this formation is similar in many areas, one being the shape of it. You can also use it for a different style such as counter attacking. In my opinion its the most well rounded formation there is, the midfield is very solid with a CDM, 2 CM's and a CAM all having important parts to play. I will get into more detail about each position later on.

Positions

Goalkeeper
Not many people think this is a important choice but how many times does your opponent get through 1on1 and your depending on your GK pulling a wonder save to keep you in the game. Hes not going to save everything but pulling of those important saves can make such a difference.
I like to use 6'5 or taller keepers as they seems to always get that hand to the ball where smaller keepers wouldn't.

Suggestions - Begovic, Cech, Van der Saar

Full-Backs
In these 2 positions you mainly just need pace but at the same time you need someone whos got the strength to shove a player off the ball without getting pushed of himself.

Suggestions - Walker, Alba, Alaba, Azpilicueta, Marcelo, Konko, De Marcos, Abate, Roberto Carlos

W/R (High/Medium, Medium/Medium, High/High)

Centre Backs
The duo at the back, the wall between your defense and keeper. These 2 players need to be chosen carefully because if one of the 2 is slacking then it will effect your team. Definitely need to have pace, strength and jumping with the correct work rates.

Suggestions - Mangala, Chiellini, Boateng, Barzagli, Manolas, Rudiger, IF Koscielny, Miranda, Zouma, Sokratis, Blanc, Maldini

W/R (Medium/High, Low/High, Medium/Medium) Only 1 Medium if necessary

Centre Defensive Midfield
The anchor in the team, even though they always venture forward looking to bag a goal. This player will be involved in most of your chances in my experience so you need to choose a well rounded player. Ive always liked Rooney as a CDM just because they always get forward and he has the finishing and power to do that.

Suggestions - Rooney, Khedira, Kouyate, Gustavo, Fernandinho, Guarin, Vidal, Nainggolan, Vieira

W/R (Medium/High, High/High, Medium/Medium)

Centre Midfielders
These like to do multiple jobs in defense and attack so you need a versatile player in each position. They also give you a bit of width on each side to run into space with. I would normally have 2 High/High players so they can get up a down the pitch ( Ramires is a ideal choice )

Suggestions - Ramires, Nainggolan, Dembele, Muller, Hernanes, Rodriguez, Pjanic, Andre Andre

W/R (High/High, Medium/Medium)

Centre Attacking Midfield
The playmaker that brings everything together, most important player on the pitch. Scores and assists numerous times, make sure to put alot of thought into this player ( Gullit is a prime example best player in the game IMO )

Suggestions - De Bruyne, IF Payet, Eriksen, Di Maria, Suarez, David Silva, Isco, Koke, Rodriguez, GULLIT

W/R (High/Medium, High/Low, Medium/Medium) Try and stay away from Medium/Medium

Strikers
The 2 to finish off the team, you need finishers and well rounded players. If you know how to do some skills such as ball rolls then get 1 agile and good skiller up there. Preferbally 2 High/Low's if you can.

Suggestions - Aguero, Dybala, Griezmann, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Benzema, Ibrahimovic, IF Gervinho, Doumbia, Tevez, Martinez, Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Weah

W/R (High/Low, High/Medium, Medium/Low)

Pros
You are able to achieve quick passes with the CM's/CAM and strikers to open up space behind the defense.
Defense seems to always hold the correct shape.
Counter High Pressure
Versatile for both counter attacking and possession play.
RCM/LCM come back and stay up when necessary and drift wide to cancel out the lack of width at times.
Easy 1-2 passes as the midfield is so compact

Note : Cant really find any cons as with this formation as i have so much success with it, only think i notice sometimes is the width but thats minimal

Player Instructions
RB - Default
CB - Default
CB - Default
LB - Default
CDM - Stay Back While Attacking
RCM - Default
LCM - Default
CAM - Default
RS - Press Back Line, Get in Behind
LS - Press Back Line, Get in Behind

Only put the LB and RB on Stay Back if you feel vulnerable to counter attacks but your losing the extra attacking runs down the wings if you choose this option.

Custom Tactics

Build Up
Speed 75
Passing 55
Organized

Chance Creation
Passing 60
Crossing 40
Shooting 63
Free Form

Defense
Pressure 75
Aggression 65
Team Width 52
Cover

This custom tactic suits me very well as i play a quick and direct game. Many people may not find this successful for them. If you cant seem to get these to work then i suggest switching some things around to suit your style such as passing. Also drop pressure and aggression to around 40 if you like to sit back instead of a high line.

Sample Teams

9c9ee30f87e6660e309c06691cd0ac7e.png

38907437c2aa361be1312a12cbd279e2.png

02b51921e4cc0e6a560b50540871ecc0.png

I start with 4321 with the last team then switch to 41212(2) at the start of the game.

As i said at the start its not very detailed, im not one to write a massive guide. I would rather get the main things down and answer everyone who needs to find something that i have missed out. So dont hesitate to ask any questions and i will try my best to answer them.

Thanks for reading, any questions just reply to the thread and ill get back to you ASAP.

Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/Epsilon_Gorilla
Also i stream 4 times a week so if you want to watch me play follow me at twitch.tv/ahugegorilla
Youtube - https://youtube.com/HugeGorilla

Good Luck!
Post edited by Gorilla on

Comments

• WellWornBeast
    2128 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good read, what would you recommend for 450k on ps4? Was thinking bundesliga but im not sure what would get me the best players possible within my budget
  • ha032742
    34800 posts Moderator
    Gorilla wrote:
    I start with 4321 with the last team then switch to 41212(2) at the start of the game.

Is this for chem purposes?

Great guide btw...will be building a team using the formation soon.
  • Orison
    46414 posts FIFA Cover Star
    @Gorilla Did you try Ibra at CAM? I´m using normal 41212 and he scores more goals as a CAM than my 2 strikers combined :D
  • Jfo88
    22592 posts Club Captain
    Always appreciate people's effort in creating guides. Not my playstyle tho seems like it depends on high pressure and countering
  • Gorilla
    756 posts Semi-Pro
    Good read, what would you recommend for 450k on ps4? Was thinking bundesliga but im not sure what would get me the best players possible within my budget

The best well rounded league is Seria A, but if you was looking to hybrid then do Seria A with Bundesliga.

Players like Abate, Marchisio, Khedira, Vidal, Boateng etc....
  • Gorilla
    756 posts Semi-Pro
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Gorilla wrote:

Is this for chem purposes?

Great guide btw...will be building a team using the formation soon.

Yep, also i cant leave Best on bench so needed to sort something out.
  • Gorilla
    756 posts Semi-Pro
    Orison wrote: »
    @Gorilla Did you try Ibra at CAM? I´m using normal 41212 and he scores more goals as a CAM than my 2 strikers combined :D

No one can replace Gullit, could see him being good. Maybe try him in the future.
  • PTY BroZz
    2662 posts Fans' Favourite
    Great guide dude, its a very short n simple guide but it does covers the most important aspects of the formation. Its nice to see one of the best ( if not the best) fifa player sharing his knowledge w the forum community. Keep it up dude.
  • Gorilla
    756 posts Semi-Pro
    Jfo88 wrote: »
    Always appreciate people's effort in creating guides. Not my playstyle tho seems like it depends on high pressure and countering

Thats the main purpose for the formation but its also possible to adapt a different style.
  • Gorilla
    756 posts Semi-Pro
    PTY BroZz wrote: »
    Great guide dude, its a very short n simple guide but it does covers the most important aspects of the formation. Its nice to see one of the best ( if not the best) fifa player sharing his knowledge w the forum community. Keep it up dude.

Appreciate it
  • iHowardy
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Got 1.8m budget, any ideas on a team on PS4?

I've thought about IF Naingolan and Vidal in midfield but not sure how to incorperate those with a deadly CAM and quality strike force.

Thanks for any advice:)
  • Jfo88
    22592 posts Club Captain
    iHowardy wrote: »

I've thought about IF Naingolan and Vidal in midfield but not sure how to incorperate those with a deadly CAM and quality strike force.

Usually when someone puts out a guide and list suggested players you should go off of that
  • iHowardy
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park

Usually when someone puts out a guide and list suggested players you should go off of that

It's not that I'm not doing that, just curious for ideas on how to fit these ideal players into a good chemistry team

• Orison
    46414 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Gorilla wrote: »

No one can replace Gullit, could see him being good. Maybe try him in the future.
    Ibra IF scored 12 goals and made 9 assists as a CAM in 4 draft games (and yes I smashed those 4 poor opponents in that draft run). The normal one usually has 2-3 scorer points per game for me, can´t really see Gullit being better than that (but I´m not on XBOX anyways :D )
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    My man! @Gorilla

Amazing bud...amazing! I struggled last year until I watched you play and modeled my tactics and style after you. This year I was struggling in D4 and 5 until saw your tactics, teams, gameplay. Into D1 now. Appreciate it! Keep it up!
  • Gorilla
    756 posts Semi-Pro

Pick 1 or 2 players and just build around it bud.
  • Gorilla
    756 posts Semi-Pro
    Gorilla wrote: »

Ibra IF scored 12 goals and made 9 assists as a CAM in 4 draft games (and yes I smashed those 4 poor opponents in that draft run). The normal one usually has 2-3 scorer points per game for me, can´t really see Gullit being better than that (but I´m not on XBOX anyways :D )

Cant compare as i havn't used Zlatan at CAM but trust me no one comes close to Gullit
  • Gorilla
    756 posts Semi-Pro
    COACH wrote: »
    My man! @Gorilla

Amazing bud...amazing! I struggled last year until I watched you play and modeled my tactics and style after you. This year I was struggling in D4 and 5 until saw your tactics, teams, gameplay. Into D1 now. Appreciate it! Keep it up!

Thanks, glad to know ive helped someone improve.
  • Zahraji
    845 posts An Exciting Prospect
    He is an amazing player, ask him about gameplay not about squad creating...
  • saoa94
    74 posts Park Captain
    What do you do against players who use a narrow defensive line combined with high pressure?
  • BestInTheWorld
    1640 posts Play-Off Hero
    The tactics don't seem to work for me, don't know what to change :(
  • Jfo88
    22592 posts Club Captain

Ask Kurt
  • Gorilla
    756 posts Semi-Pro
    saoa94 wrote: »
    What do you do against players who use a narrow defensive line combined with high pressure?

Its doesnt really effect me as i play high pressure myself, but try and use the driven pass for most passes
  • BestInTheWorld
    1640 posts Play-Off Hero

Ask Kurt
    Huh?
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17021 posts World Class

Ask Kurt
    Huh?

You're logged in to the wrong account again kurt
  • BestInTheWorld
    1640 posts Play-Off Hero

Ask Kurt
    Huh?

You're logged in to the wrong account again kurt
    :|
  • Vinnie
    1373 posts Play-Off Hero
    Guide is good so far, it is a nightmare play against gorilla.

but i dont think it work for casual players.

nothing that few adjusts do not help, I'd say the mostly important is the "build up" on custom tactic, 75 the player must be pro, very accurate in all aspects of the game, otherwise will waste every single ball to the opponent.

but using this guide as base you can get a great results, specially custom tactics.
  • Low Ki
    11582 posts Has That Special Something
    Interesting perspective on the player roles. I agree with pace being clutch for the fullbacks, but I actually like them pushing up to stretch bus parkers rather than staying back constantly, very handy when width is an issue on the attach. Quick triangle (pattern not PS4 button) passing usually opens an option.

H/H CDM's seemed suicidal though. Prefer deep lying screens that can distribute decently like DDR, IF Diarra and Gustavo. I do agree that H/H and H/M CM's in the box to box all-rounder mould are extremely effective in the center though....Guarin is phenomenal again. With the CAM.....I actually prefer the H/H,H/M decently fluid but strong workhorse that is everywhere like Pereyra, Muller and Rooney. Even Koke has been solid for me.
  • Fandango83
    403 posts Sunday League Hero
    How much can custom tactics affect the game? Its something ive never tinkered with
  • Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    Good guide brother.

I agree with leaving CAM's instructions as they are.
    I feel like setting CAM to stay forward messes up his natural runs.

Thought about doing a guide for 41212 (2) a few weeks back.

Then Jukez decided to do one, and now you :D

Thankfully i didn't start doing one, as it would be basically repeating these two :p