Through on goal

Just a quick 1. It doesn't matter who it is, but i had a 1-2 meter head start on vidic ( pace 52, acc 49, sprint 55) and he could easily catch lacazette ( pace 88, acc, 88, sprint 88)
How can i carry on with ball but palm defeenders off as this is stupid

Comments

• Andy87
    3566 posts National Call-Up
    Press LT to use strength.
  • Ketzie
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Pass the ball around and do clinical 1-2's to get past the defenders.

I am not even being cheeky but with what you are saying you are indeed asking to be abused for starting another thread like many that has one clear answer and that is play more football like and less 100 meter dash track sports.

I am not an elite player, just an average one and still i enjoy this game, win, lose, run past defenders with my attackers after i do some proper passing around and bait them to come out of position.

Also if you really have the space just flick the right stick forward and watch your dream come true and Lacazette outrun everyone.
    Don't try outrun him though just because you hold down the sprint button.

Hope i helped you a bit.
    All the best to you and all those who find this game difficult to adapt to although apart from the silly penalties it is a much better FIFA than most(especially last year's monstrosity).
  • bigpokey24
    4843 posts Big Money Move
    Just a quick 1. It doesn't matter who it is, but i had a 1-2 meter head start on vidic ( pace 52, acc 49, sprint 55) and he could easily catch lacazette ( pace 88, acc, 88, sprint 88)
    How can i carry on with ball but palm defeenders off as this is stupid

use the RS ( flick it to your choice of direction) they won't catch you.( FIFA is simulation, you have to do everything yourself
  • Aspral
    3378 posts National Call-Up
    I've had this a few times.

The worst was Remy 10 yards in front of Terry. Terry hounded him down so much faster.

I just used the Strength hold off button and that worked. My IF Martial seemed much more rapid and able to beat defenders on clear runs though. Don't know why.
  • Antiversum
    5778 posts Big Money Move
    I really don't mind the catching. I mind the important thing that happens after it: My defenders get wrestled onto the ground by Gervinho, Dybala...
  • PTY BroZz
    2662 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just flick the right stick forward.
  • racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    you can only outpace people when you know what
  • PTY BroZz
    2662 posts Fans' Favourite
    racecar101 wrote: »
    you can only outpace people when you know what

?
  • Ketzie wrote: »
    Pass the ball around and do clinical 1-2's to get past the defenders.

I am not even being cheeky but with what you are saying you are indeed asking to be abused for starting another thread like many that has one clear answer and that is play more football like and less 100 meter dash track sports.

I am not an elite player, just an average one and still i enjoy this game, win, lose, run past defenders with my attackers after i do some proper passing around and bait them to come out of position.

Also if you really have the space just flick the right stick forward and watch your dream come true and Lacazette outrun everyone.
    Don't try outrun him though just because you hold down the sprint button.

Hope i helped you a bit.
    All the best to you and all those who find this game difficult to adapt to although apart from the silly penalties it is a much better FIFA than most(especially last year's monstrosity).

I knew they would be posts on it, its just finding them and this was my first post on forum so getting hang of it, cheers for info lands
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    PTY BroZz wrote: »
    Just flick the right stick forward.

Once for a light touch or flick it twice for a heavier touch if you have lots of space to run in to... Don't flick it twice if you're central though because the keeper will nearly always race out and beat you to the ball..