Bronze Most Consistent But Never IF TOTS *FINAL draft/Flint update*

Comments

• juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    sned777 wrote: »
    There's diverse, and then there's over diverse at the expense of deserving players.

Sned, I got it. It's been repeated multiple times already.

• sufc
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    As long as Done stays in, I am happy
  • Hicksy2011
    13500 posts Has That Special Something
    Few things I have seen:
    1. People saying that Tubbs is only a goalscorer, but he has 6 assists which stand up against most of his rivals
    2. Jed Wallace is the best player in the league by a mile, we would genuinely be bottom of the league without him
  • PintOfMagennis
    4454 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2015
    Stewart also has an assist this game( I think)
  • Hicksy2011
    Sim how would you feel about talking to Rob about changing the deadline from the 22nd to the 25th? The english lower leagues release their team of the season on the 24th and it would be highly irritating if e.g. Tubbs gets left out for Richards, just for Tubbs to get in the team of the year and richards gets completely left out. Could easily happen the other way around or with completely different players, that was just an example
  • sufc
    I would probs suggest Mark Howard but since Done's in anyways I won't complain lol
  • Lard_Lad
    12643 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 2015
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Sim how would you feel about talking to Rob about changing the deadline from the 22nd to the 25th? The english lower leagues release their team of the season on the 24th and it would be highly irritating if e.g. Tubbs gets left out for Richards, just for Tubbs to get in the team of the year and richards gets completely left out. Could easily happen the other way around or with completely different players, that was just an example
    Problem is we don't know if there will definitely be a Lower League TOTS

Edit: misread that
  • Hicksy2011
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    No I mean the PFA awards night is 2 days after the deadline
  • Lard_Lad
    No I mean the PFA awards night is 2 days after the deadline

Yeah I misread it to mean that if Richards gets in league 2TOTS the put Tubbs in MC so they both get a card
  • dhavw
    4 posts Ball Boy
    Hoedt is one of the best CBs in the league and he is 72 on head-to-head! Give him a TOTS!
  • Akinfenwa
    757 posts Semi-Pro

This isn't just TOTS though, it's most consistent for some strange reason. Tubbs would obviously get in that over Richards, but it wouldn't prove anything for this.

Something we can all agree on is Wallace, Lee and Mayor behind the striker would be the most ridiculous thing the league has ever seen.
  • Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Disappointed that Kasim isn't in the draft team
    Why would he be there? Just genuinely interested what makes him around Hourihane and Johnson's level for you

Goals/assists dont just judge a players ability. Hes been vital for swindon all season and was important for iraq at the asian cup and got into the team of the tournament. I respect your opinion though.
  • Hicksy2011
    Akinfenwa wrote: »

This isn't just TOTS though, it's most consistent for some strange reason. Tubbs would obviously get in that over Richards, but it wouldn't prove anything for this.

Something we can all agree on is Wallace, Lee and Mayor behind the striker would be the most ridiculous thing the league has ever seen.
    Behind Reuben Reid -_- Complete carnage.
    But yeh I just meant that because its the only TOTS that really gets released for the lower leagues. Many people (myself included) a) haven't seen more than 3 or 4 games of other players because of a lack of coverage, b) are biased towards who they want (either from their own/a rival club or because they want them on FIFA), Would just be very helpful for Sim IMO to have some outsider not biased input

• Lard_Lad
    sufc wrote: »
    I would probs suggest Mark Howard but since Done's in anyways I won't complain lol

We haven't kept near enough clean sheets for Mark Howard to be even considered to be honest
  • Ireland_US
    381 posts Sunday League Hero
    @Ireland_US Gartland plays for Dundalk with Towell, and I think we're not having 2 players from the same side, and Towell is seemingly in.

hmm *cough* Chelsea *cough* *cough*

They get so many guys in the TOTS every year just cause it's Chelsea.

I understand your reasoning but I wouldn't argue for Gartland so much if he wasn't deserving of it. He merits a place just as much as any defender IMO.
  • Ireland_US
    @Ireland_US Gartland plays for Dundalk with Towell, and I think we're not having 2 players from the same side, and Towell is seemingly in.

hmm *cough* Chelsea *cough* *cough*

They get so many guys in the TOTS every year just cause it's Chelsea.

I understand your reasoning but I wouldn't argue for Gartland so much if he wasn't deserving of it. He merits a place just as much as any defender IMO.
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    47932 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Tufan and Babacan in your draft <3333

Simon is the coolest person on the planet
  • sufc

We haven't kept near enough clean sheets for Mark Howard to be even considered to be honest

It's a shame that clean sheets seem to be the main thing that matters though cuz Howard has been very good all season
  • Lard_Lad

It's a shame that clean sheets seem to be the main thing that matters though cuz Howard has been very good all season

Yeah we've been pretty poor when he's been injured and Turners been in net

Harris would be a good suggestion as he's got plenty of assists or maybe Baxter he's scored a few

Doesn't matter though as Done's in atm and hopefully he stays in
  • Ireland_US
    Enguin wrote: »
    Forrester looks slightly ahead of Dennehy on numbers, although since assists aren't recorded here it's hard to say.

I would say Dennehy deserves his spot mostly because he helped win so many games for Cork and almost to the title.
  • Hicksy2011
    another assist for Stewart, was a very good cross, put it on a plate
  • simsieg
    9492 posts League Winner
    Stewart like :trollface:
  • PintOfMagennis
    4454 posts National Call-Up
    Don't think Stewart likes his recent removal.
    Another assist :) #StewartIN
  • Hicksy2011
    so Stewart in for Tubbs then. Just let me go cry a bit, I am sure I will get over it by 2018
  • Lard_Lad
    Who's Stewart gonna replace then
  • sufc

Harris would be a good suggestion as he's got plenty of assists or maybe Baxter he's scored a few

Yeah as long as Done's in I'm fine, his work ethic is unbelievable
  • Bland Poobah
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    Stewart IN
    Tubbs OUT
  • Ireland_US
    just scrolled through further, can't believe the arguments I'm reading about the Airtricity League having two players. They could probably have at least 3 that really deserve it... But Towell and Dennehy do seriously merit places in this squad. They have outstanding stats and contributions to their teams.... Dundalk and Cork were 1 and 2 in the league for a reason.
  • Lard_Lad

Yeah don't know how he wasn't knackered after 45 mins last night never stopped chasing the ball down straight on the defenders, it's also nice to have someone who looks like a goal scorer and gets in the right positions

• sufc

Yeah don't know how he wasn't knackered after 45 mins last night never stopped chasing the ball down straight on the defenders, it's also nice to have someone who looks like a goal scorer and gets in the right positions

Him and Davies is becoming a great strike force, it's a shame our midfield is too lightweight to play 442