Bronze Most Consistent But Never IF TOTS *FINAL draft/Flint update*

Comments

• Lard_Lad
    12640 posts Has That Special Something
    juniorcbr wrote: »
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    the team looks good in sure it's far more diverse than the gold and Silver ones

I absolutely disagree. Silver is most diverse by far. One from each league and 6 UK, 2 DE, 2 FR, 2 SP, 2 IT.
    18 different leagues for 23 players is very diverse you can't really complain, yes there's 1 extra Uk but they are all very deserving of there place
  • Tom
    11377 posts Has That Special Something
    "The player I want is missing out so I'm gonna bemoan the fact a "weak/rubbish" league is getting two players"
  • simsieg
    9492 posts League Winner
    Gyan_33 wrote: »
    Well actually, why has Hadzic not been questioned yet? Looks worse compared to Finlay if you ask me with 5 goals and 1 assiss less.
    We need one from Spain.

• Hicksy2011
    13434 posts Has That Special Something
    Right lets clear this Tubbs stuff up, I will write the truth and you can form an opinion from this.
    Tubbs himself very rarely has a poor match as a striker (missed opportunites etc.) The problem is that he is not the biggest lad, and not the quickest lad, he is just a good finisher. (A slower but a bit stronger league 2 version of Jermaine Defoe). Therefore he can't do it all on his own. Tubbs sometimes has matches where he doesn't look a goal threat, but this is more due to the service, rather than him playing badly. For example (and Eddie will back me up here) he didn't score for his first 4 games for us. But though, that was whilst we were in an atrocious rut, barely scoring any goals and frankly getting completely outplayed everygame, so there was little or no service. This isn't helped by the fact Tubbs has played almost entirely in a team playing 5212 ultra defensive since he joined us. (Eddie will again vouch for this).
    Furthermore, his movement off the ball often goes unnoticed. He has brought the best out of Ryan Taylor, who has scored 7 goals since Tubbs joined, compared to just 2 before Tubbs turned up.
    Tl:dr Tubbs needs service, and when he doesn't get it he doesn't score goals. Whether you take that as his fault or others fault is up to you
  • Gyan_33
    31282 posts National Team Captain
    simsieg wrote: »
    Gyan_33 wrote: »
    Well actually, why has Hadzic not been questioned yet? Looks worse compared to Finlay if you ask me with 5 goals and 1 assiss less.
    We need one from Spain.
    Oh yeah didn't see that, scuse me.
  • Tom
    11377 posts Has That Special Something
    Hadzic is out for the season now :( Enrich is another option.

Gonna have a dig around for other contenders
  • Tommy
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Although there are 2 players from the Airtricity League, they both completely deserve to be included. As has previously been said, Towell was player of the year so he definitely should be in, and I don't see how Dennehy could be left out considering his stats and contribution to Cork City last season and already this season.
  • Hicksy2011
    And also, just wondering, unless my maths has failed me, Richards has only played 62% of Northampton's minutes (and unless he gets fit, that is only going to get worse), is that enough?
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner

I absolutely disagree. Silver is most diverse by far. One from each league and 6 UK, 2 DE, 2 FR, 2 SP, 2 IT.
    18 different leagues for 23 players is very diverse you can't really complain, yes there's 1 extra Uk but they are all very deserving of there place
    That above is very questionable, but I am done. Good luck with the rest of the thread.
  • sned777
    10612 posts Has That Special Something
    There's also 2 Turkish League players in this draft but no one picking on them.
  • Lurtex
    549 posts Sunday League Hero
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Chill Sim. It is not as diverse as you would like to believe. Fact is, 2 from the Irish League is too much. Also fact is 7 from the UK leagues is also one too much. I do not blame people trying to change this.

Does it matter, where does it say Maximum of 6 for UK...Nowhere
    You have 6 spots reserverd for 4 leagues.... 6 should be maximum
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    edited April 2015
    Nvmd
  • Lard_Lad

That above is very questionable, but I am done. Good luck with the rest of the thread.
    Who isn't deserving of their place?
  • simsieg
    9492 posts League Winner
    As said before, league strength isn't really taken into consideration.
  • simsieg
    9492 posts League Winner
    Tubbs and Hadzic out.

Enrich and Finlay in.

That would be an option maybe.
  • AndySav92
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lurtex wrote: »
    Chill Sim. It is not as diverse as you would like to believe. Fact is, 2 from the Irish League is too much. Also fact is 7 from the UK leagues is also one too much. I do not blame people trying to change this.

5 leagues technically.
  • REID_ARMY
    785 posts Semi-Pro
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    And also, just wondering, unless my maths has failed me, Richards has only played 62% of Northampton's minutes (and unless he gets fit, that is only going to get worse), is that enough?

True, he has been injured a lot. Any other League 2 players to rival Tubbs?
  • Gyan_33
    simsieg wrote: »
    Tubbs and Hadzic out.

Enrich and Finlay in.

That would be an option maybe.

You got my vote
  • Hicksy2011
    AndySav92 wrote: »

5 leagues technically.
    +1
  • karam
    953 posts Professional
    i think bazoer have played enough games for such a young player en his first ever season on the highest level
  • Hicksy2011
    REID_ARMY wrote: »

Cureton possibly, not seen how consistent he has been though. If only Wallace didn't have his IF :neutral:

• WFCBagnall
    71957 posts Moderator

That's around the same as Bradshaw i think, And Sim said he hasn't played enough to be considered
  • Boothy
    6919 posts Big Money Move
    Kim Kee Hee :)
  • Akinfenwa
    757 posts Semi-Pro
    REID_ARMY wrote: »

No League 2 player really deserves one. While it's true Tubbs heavily relies on service, he missed quite a few chances when he first joined Pompey, and it's no good being a player that only plays well when the team is playing well, that should go against him for a TOTS card. He has to be judged on goals as that's pretty much all he brings to a team and he hasn't scored consistently.
  • Lurtex
    549 posts Sunday League Hero

5 leagues technically.

Did I forget SPL?
    5 spots for 1 country then. Still alot imo. Regardless if the country have more leagues than other countries in the game.
  • Lard_Lad

5 leagues technically.

Did I forget SPL?
    5 spots for 1 country then. Still alot imo. Regardless if the country have more leagues than other countries in the game.

More leagues therefore far more players, it's not as if these ayers aren't deserving that are in, if it was 2 the chances are there would be more in anyway
  • Gyan_33
    Seeing we need a Spanish player, I think a striker with 14 goals and 4 assists deserves it more than a winger with 6 goals and 7 assists. Also he has less minutes per contribution.
  • Hicksy2011
    Also unless I have counted wrong, 9 of the 14 games Richards has missed have been against teams 13th and higher, so I highly doubt that he would have continued scoring at the same rate.
  • valdeOLENCOOL
    20024 posts Club Captain
    IF Hvilsom is taken out (not that he should be taken out) Then maybe put Martin Thomsen in instead?
  • Izale McLeod (Crawley Town/Football League 1). He has scored 20 goals in 40 games for Crawley Town this year (18 in 36 in the league, 2 in 4 in the Cup) and without his goals they would have been surely relegated already. Izale's key goals have kept Crawley in a huge chance of being safe this year. I think he should be a huge contender for a MC TOTS and hopefully many others do too!