Bronze Most Consistent But Never IF TOTS *FINAL draft/Flint update*

Comments

• juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    Regardless what league gets a player in (I really don't care anymore), there is one too much from the UK leagues. They already have 6 guaranteed in each TOTS MC selection, their own TOTS for lower leagues, and countless informs. The other leagues needs to be represented more. That is my final gripe.
  • Hicksy2011
    13448 posts Has That Special Something
    juniorcbr wrote: »
    Regardless what league gets a player in (I really don't care anymore), there is one too much from the UK leagues. They already have 6 guaranteed in each TOTS MC selection, their own TOTS for lower leagues, and countless informs. The other leagues needs to be represented more. That is my final gripe.
    But across the 4 divisions we have 84 teams (ignoring PL), and about 60 of those are almost entirely bronze
  • Gladiatorrrrrrr
    73 posts Park Captain
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    But across the 4 divisions we have 84 teams (ignoring PL), and about 60 of those are almost entirely bronze

if it is a number game you are correct but it doesn't feel right to the other leagues.
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    The UK leagues have 21 out of the total 50 bronze IF's from FUT 15. You are beyond well represented!

• Hicksy2011

if it is a number game you are correct but it doesn't feel right to the other leagues.
    I agree it is unfair in the goldsbut its a bit better here IMO. Made worse by the fact they lump 2 countries together for no reason
  • simsieg
    9492 posts League Winner
    junior, you will maybe remember that I got really mad at the high amount of English IFs during FIFA13/early14. It's not like I've always loved them :wink:
    All of those 7 UK spots are very deserved and I could've picked lots of others too. Not going over the top with them imo.

Also we had 7 last year too.
  • Gyan_33
    31326 posts National Team Captain
    Damn, just built a team for TOTS Gibson :|

Next step: TOTS Dabbur, can't wait to see his in game stats
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    Yeah I am sorry Sim, while I know you have a tough job to do, the simple fact is the UK leagues are beyond well represented and do not need an extra slot. The current 21 out of the total 50 bronze IF's from FUT 15 is a firm testament to that.
  • Enguin
    11165 posts Has That Special Something
    Simon pal, in relation to Dennehy.

Dennehy, Forrester and Byrne all played in 30 of 33 games last season.
    Forrester scored 11, Dennehy scored 13 and Byrne scored 18.
    Granted, Byrne played 2885 minutes compared to Dennehy's 2513 and Forrester's 2417, however even factoring this in Byrne averages a goal every 160 minutes, better than Dennehy's goal per 193 and far ahead of Forrester's goal per 220.
    Also, in that time Byrne was booked only 3 times, compared to 6 for Forrester and 7 for Dennehy. While not the most crucial stat for wingers it does show his discipline.

This season out of 6 possible games, Byrne and Forrester have played 5, Dennehy 4. In those games Forrester has scored 2, Dennehy 1 and Byrne nothing. Adding these figures to the above stats, Byrne has 18 goals in 3286 minutes, Forrester has 13 in 2835 and Dennehy has 15 in 2861.

So, overall the goal statistics are:
    Byrne averages a goal every 182.56 minutes.
    Dennehy averages a goal every 190.73 minutes.
    Forrester averages a goal every 218.08 minutes.

In terms of relative contribution:
    Of Cork City's 63 goals in this period, Dennehy has scored 23.81%.
    Of St. Pats' 75 goals in this period, Byrne has scored 24% and Forrester 17.33%.

These figures are far closer, though Byrne still edges it. With no assist information available that I can find, this data suggests Conan Byrne should replace Billy Dennehy in this TOTS and that Chris Forrester is the least deserving of the 3.
  • simsieg
    9492 posts League Winner
    I know. But we have to seperate TOTW from this, otherwise things will get weird.
  • Joe
    4585 posts National Call-Up
    Jcoxy98 wrote: »
    Yes !! Matt TUBBS! He has been amazing for Portsmouth! Top scorer in league 2! Scored many hatricks but never been in TOTW!
    No one wants those crappy cards from the bad leagues give it a rest

Just let that sink in lmao.
  • Hicksy2011
    Yeah I am sorry Sim, while I know you have a tough job to do, the simple fact is the UK leagues are beyond well represented and do not need an extra slot. The current 21 out of the total 50 bronze IF's from FUT 15 is a firm testament to that.

That will balance out as the season is about to finish in the UK
  • WFCBagnall
    71995 posts Moderator
    It does say AT LEAST 6, doesn't say anything about having more
  • Hicksy2011
    Joe wrote: »
    Yes !! Matt TUBBS! He has been amazing for Portsmouth! Top scorer in league 2! Scored many hatricks but never been in TOTW!

:lol: The Tubbs card will be rubbish, he doesn't have any physical stats
    Will still buy him and play about 150 hgames with him if he gets in
  • simsieg
    9492 posts League Winner
    Enguin wrote: »

Granted, Byrne played 2885 minutes compared to Dennehy's 2513 and Forrester's 2417, however even factoring this in Byrne averages a goal every 160 minutes, better than Dennehy's goal per 193 and far ahead of Forrester's goal per 220.
    Also, in that time Byrne was booked only 3 times, compared to 6 for Forrester and 7 for Dennehy. While not the most crucial stat for wingers it does show his discipline.

This season out of 6 possible games, Byrne and Forrester have played 5, Dennehy 4. In those games Forrester has scored 2, Dennehy 1 and Byrne nothing. Adding these figures to the above stats, Byrne has 18 goals in 3286 minutes, Forrester has 13 in 2835 and Dennehy has 15 in 2861.

Of St. Pats' 75 goals in this period, Byrne has scored 24% and Forrester 17.33%.

These figures are far closer, though Byrne still edges it. With no assist information available that I can find, this data suggests Conan Byrne should replace Billy Dennehy in this TOTS and that Chris Forrester is the least deserving of the 3.
    Good work there. You'd have to remove the goals that Byrne scored for his IF in FIFA 14 though.

I think Dennehy is the better pick because it looks like he has the bigger impact on Cork as an individual.

Btw we do have assist stats for Dennehy and Forrester, might not be 100% correct though.

• Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something
    Still not hot on the idea of two Turkish league and two Airtricity purely on the diversity issue, but if they deserve it then that's alright I guess. Also McLeod>Tubbs :smile:
  • Enguin
    simsieg wrote: »

Good work there. You'd have to remove the goals that Byrne scored for his IF in FIFA 14 though.

I think Dennehy is the better pick because it looks like he has the bigger impact on Cork as an individual.

Btw we do have assist stats for Dennehy and Forrester, might not be 100% correct though.

Where are these assist stats, want to throw them in.

• Hicksy2011
    Jake wrote: »
    Still not hot on the idea of two Turkish league and two Airtricity purely on the diversity issue, but if they deserve it then that's alright I guess. Also McLeod>Tubbs :smile:
    Tubbs >McLeod
  • Joe
    4585 posts National Call-Up
    Joe wrote: »

:lol: The Tubbs card will be rubbish, he doesn't have any physical stats
    Will still buy him and play about 150 hgames with him if he gets in

Oh his quote was about a Silver player that was suggested in another thread, I was a bit surprised to see him getting excited over a Bronze player shortly after lol.
  • simsieg
    9492 posts League Winner
    Oh yeah, that UK striker spot is worth discussing definitely. Multiple contenders for it.
  • simsieg
    9492 posts League Winner

Where are these assist stats, want to throw them in.
    Check the google doc, link is in the third post.

• Hicksy2011
    Oh yeah, that UK striker spot is worth discussing definitely. Multiple contenders for it.
    would Tubbs being League 2 shift a 50/50 in his favour (I know you said you wouldn't force a league 2 in I was just wondering)
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2015
    -
    Jake wrote: »
    Tubbs >McLeod
    Richards > Tubbs imo

For Richards it's a goal every 135 minutes in the League, for it's Tubbs a goal every 184 minutes in the league, Richards 1 goal off Tubbs at top of League 2 scoring chart despite playing almost a 1,000 minutes more.

Also the most amount of games Richards gone without scoring (not including any games he's been injured) is 2 games, for Tubbs it's 6 games.
  • simsieg
    9492 posts League Winner
    would Tubbs being League 2 shift a 50/50 in his favour (I know you said you wouldn't force a league 2 in I was just wondering)
    We have other League 2 contenders too ;)
  • WFCBagnall
    71995 posts Moderator
    Tubbs imo
  • Hicksy2011
    We have other League 2 contenders too ;)

Yeh but pretty sure I have stuff in my armoury that will show Tubbs to be the best league 2 candidate if I need it
  • Lard_Lad
    12642 posts Has That Special Something
    Personally I would go with Tubbs over Mcleod
  • donetts14
    62 posts Park Captain
    Assuming the A-League get a spot come the finalisation of this team, it should be Marinkovic over Bonevacia. Any others agree?
  • Bellerin is amazing this seson.
    12-15 bpl appearences is better than 30+ apps in weak leagues
  • Enguin
    Taking those assist stats and presuming them correct puts Dennehy at 25 contributions in 2861 minutes and Forrester at 26 in 2835. So:

Forrester averages a goal contribution every 109.04 minutes.
    Dennehy averages a goal contribution every 114.44 minutes.

Forrester has contributed to 34.67% of his team's goals.
    Dennehy has contributed to to 39.68% of his.

Would really like to see some stats on Byrne for assists as I still think he is the best contender.