Puskás Award

Terminator
8655 posts League Winner
edited November 2015
Since the Puskás Award shortlist is made public, I wanted to ask you guys on here who you think that should win the Puskás Award.
Feel free to discuss anything Puskás Award related here.
If you have not seen the goals yet here they are

Here is a link to the official FIFA site to vote for yourself on who deserves to win the Puskás Award.
http://www.fifa.com/ballon-dor/puskas-award/index.html

If you don't think anyone from this list deserves to win the Puskás Award, feel free to say that and why you think that is.

Puskás Award 122 votes

David Ball
13%
Lard_LadLumitesiryan217Orange PrinceTerminatortheduckisstillperfect21Zaknafein Do'UrdenkrissufcRycoGFXjbunnerzBalthasarGerards james2060YungGriffster96NasalApeSimmoEFC 16 votes
Gonzalo Castro
0%
Alessandro Florenzi
9%
murazorOrisonfergooseeJohnDoetom00siavash777LEUNAM1860SlendyPTY BroZzaldomac14NosehairW 11 votes
Wendell Lira
2%
PVFCB97xDAndre2908urubuinflamante 3 votes
Carli Lloyd
8%
ScorcherPrimeClevelandLiveArsenalReece Tha BEASTJfo88DtslimFrankenberryTeamRemMr.SpireiteWiles240 10 votes
Lionel Messi
36%
AznSWZlatanPremier-Skyukler8NornIronPepe Le DiLzZ lalalaWarriorShaanxzOliver16hasan09876Samuel Eto'oRobertFC IntlholdenwaitFlorianr104kktalhaBob1432JaxiteManutelli 44 votes
Philippe Mexès
17%
RonaldoAlex021Claudio9VertMemphisDepayEgyptian94Zombieapfelmus_maCHer1DavePrincegiaBig Matty TDribblyCFC-shazaamAdiabaticAqailVanBasten12DJ7C.A.FIFAjackm57Joeyalltheseven 21 votes
Marcel Ndjeng
6%
DE_FenomenPillinifan big man tingCerkueAdrian095 PjetrovxHerdie 8 votes
Esteban Ramirez
5%
DirtyDishFCOnedoesntsimplyParadox562Ruler_RMCFTheSuperDerekUacan90nope123 7 votes
Carlos Tevez
1%
OpingCFCsjmishra 2 votes

Comments

• Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    David Ball
    I personally think that from this list David Ball's goal should win it, the skill before the shot and the shot itself were both really good and hard to do.
  • 1Claudio9
    16414 posts World Class
    Philippe Mexès
    Ballon d'Or and Puskas award are two different things
  • Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    David Ball
    1Claudio9 wrote: »
    Ballon d'Or and Puskas award are two different things

Whoops, thanks for pointing out :sweat_smile:
  • Joeyalltheseven
    2388 posts Fans' Favourite
    Philippe Mexès
    Mexes or Florenzi for me
  • jackm57
    2316 posts Fans' Favourite
    Philippe Mexès
    Mexes :love:
  • holdenwait
    56380 posts National Treasure
    Lionel Messi
    Messi...
  • holdenwait
    Lionel Messi
    imagine voting for a punt vs dribbling past so many defenders in a blinding run.
  • Florianr104
    4303 posts National Call-Up
    Lionel Messi
    Some astonishing goals in there, but making four opponents look like fools at this level, in a Copa del Rey final, is something very special.

• Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    edited November 2015
    David Ball
    holdenwait wrote: »
    imagine voting for a punt vs dribbling past so many defenders in a blinding run.

Imho the defenders could've stopped that multiple times
    But it is a great dribble nonetheless
  • Zlatan
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2015
    Lionel Messi
    Messi because of the goal itself requiring an extreme amount of technical ability, when it was scored in a CL Semi Final, against Bayern Munich. To turn one of the top 2 CB on the planet into a meme and effortlessly CHIP one of the best goal keepers OF ALL TIME with his WEAK FOOT. It's just unbelievable, when I rematch it now with I still get goosebumps.

EDIT- Haha wrong goal. Oh well the one v Bilabo is still unbelievable as well but I prefer Bayern.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    Lionel Messi
    For me it's Messi since that is probably the hardest one to do
  • Florianr104
    4303 posts National Call-Up
    Lionel Messi
    Zlatan wrote: »
    Messi because of the goal itself requiring an extreme amount of technical ability, when it was scored in a CL Semi Final, against Bayern Munich. To turn one of the top 2 CB on the planet into a meme and effortlessly CHIP one of the best goal keepers OF ALL TIME with his WEAK FOOT. It's just unbelievable, when I rematch it now with I still get goosebumps.

Did you watch a different video? I see the solo goal against Bilbao
  • Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    edited November 2015
    David Ball

What about these ones?

Any other honourable mentions?
  • Zlatan
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2015
    Lionel Messi
    Zlatan wrote: »

Did you watch a different video? I see the solo goal against Bilbao

Yes just edited my post, I assumed it was against Bayern without even watching.

Still think it's the best because it came against a good team from one of the top 2 league in the world, in a cup final. I think the significance and opponent should matter. He was also triple marked.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    Lionel Messi
    Terminator wrote: »

What about these ones?

Any other honourable mentions?

sure they're great but imo Messi's is still on another level
  • Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    David Ball
    Hmm, looking at Puskás Award's Wiki I see that the importance of the goal values a lot in the criteria, but with that being said that's only written on the dutch Wiki and not on the English one :/
  • The Humanoid Typhoon
    2941 posts National Call-Up
    Lionel Messi
    I am honestly not even sure why half the goals that are nominated are even in it, there are way better goals across the leagues.
  • NornIron
    11415 posts Has That Special Something
    Lionel Messi
    Just voted Messi because he will win it but David Ball's goal was great too.
    This wasnt bad either.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    Lionel Messi
    I am honestly not even sure why half the goals that are nominated are even in it, there are way better goals across the leagues.

this is very true, sure there was some nice goals in there but I also feel like better goals has been scored this year. Gonzalo Castros goal should be nowhere near this list
  • Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    David Ball

this is very true, sure there was some nice goals in there but I also feel like better goals has been scored this year. Gonzalo Castros goal should be nowhere near this list

Carli Lloyd's one is even worse
  • Dribbly
    9114 posts League Winner
    Philippe Mexès
    Imagine choosing something other than Mexes' volley with both feet off the ground, directly from a corner, straight into the top corner and in the Milan derby. Ridiculous technique.
  • Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    David Ball
    Dribbly wrote: »
    Imagine choosing something other than Mexes' volley with both feet off the ground, directly from a corner, straight into the top corner and in the Milan derby. Ridiculous technique.

Tbf Ball's chip was truly amazing
  • holdenwait
    Lionel Messi
    Hmm, looking at Puskás Award's Wiki I see that the importance of the goal values a lot in the criteria, but with that being said that's only written on the dutch Wiki and not on the English one :/

they might say that but first ever Puskas went to Hamit Altintop for a goal against Kazakhstan in Euro qualifiers, and Stoch while playing for Fenerbahce won one too for a standard league game, so I dont know. but Messi should win this one, that goal is outrageous (like so many of his)
  • Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    David Ball

they might say that but first ever Puskas went to Hamit Altintop for a goal against Kazakhstan in Euro qualifiers, and Stoch while playing for Fenerbahce won one too for a standard league game, so I dont know. but Messi should win this one, that goal is outrageous (like so many of his)

And his goal is in the Copa del Rey final, but 3 goals of that list are from friendlies and the GK could have easily saved Carli Lloyd's one.
  • Jfo88
    22621 posts Club Captain
    Carli Lloyd

and the GK could have easily saved Carli Lloyd's one.

But she didn't
  • Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    David Ball
    Jfo88 wrote: »

But she didn't

The GK was 5'5
    Anyone could lob it over here
  • Jfo88
    22621 posts Club Captain
    Carli Lloyd
    Jfo88 wrote: »

But she didn't

The GK was 5'5
    Anyone could lob it over here

lol from midfield I bet lots of players wouldn't even put it on target
  • 1Claudio9
    16414 posts World Class
    Philippe Mexès
    Dribbly wrote: »

• Manutelli
    18571 posts World Class
    Lionel Messi
    Should be Messi, not more words are needed.
  • David Ball
    Mexes could of broken his leg with that move.