I'm Terrible At This Game.

Mattheos
1352 posts Professional
edited November 2015
I can't adjust to this game. My whole game is one gigantic cluster **** this year as much as I hated Lb-Y pace in 15 at the very least I could try to slow the game down by holding possession & picking my passes when gaps open up through the middle. This year my opponent will shut down everything I try. I have defenders shadowing me, insta tackling me with slide tackles or elastico legs from behind, grappling or just sprinting straight into me. The interceptions too.

One thing that bothers me Is I don't even have to input anything sometimes. The computer will spring in full speed for me & nick the ball or make perfect tackles for me, if I try to actually make the tackles myself the ball just rebounds back to his attacker. Sometimes his attacker will run in a straight line making 3 tackles in row regaining possession.

I'm awful at this game & have no idea how to play it.

Comments

• jbwalton7
    1026 posts Professional
    These are my thoughts in a nutshell
  • musa18
    336 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2015
    If you're playing tournaments or lower divisions, you shouldn't struggle. Passing is slightly more difficult on FIFA 16, but just be more patient and don't force passes. Play safe passes when possible.

Don't know why people try to slow it down. I try to play fast and direct, but a bit slower if my opponent is really good and I'm leading.
  • Mdionne415
    1146 posts Professional
    Yeah, I went from a winning percentage of 70 in 15 to around 45 now- and I'm scoring more. Conceding more than 15.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    Takes more time this year to adjust Take your time. I suggest playing straight direct attacking football, more dribble less passing, only key passes.
  • PTY BroZz
    2662 posts Fans' Favourite
    At least you admit you are not good. Most of the time people decide to blame the game instead of blaming themselves.

Be patient. Takes more time to adjust this year compared to previous fifas. First of all, you must find a formation that suits your style. Then, you should learn to differenciate when you should be doing a simple "A" or "X" pass, a "Y" or "Triangle" pass or a "RB+A" or "RB+X" pass (driven pass). Also, learn how to dribble using LT + RT.

Finally, practice and be patient. That's the only way you ll get better :)
  • Mattheos
    1352 posts Professional
    PTY BroZz wrote: »
    At least you admit you are not good. Most of the time people decide to blame the game instead of blaming themselves.

Be patient. Takes more time to adjust this year compared to previous fifas. First of all, you must find a formation that suits your style. Then, you should learn to differenciate when you should be doing a simple "A" or "X" pass, a "Y" or "Triangle" pass or a "RB+A" or "RB+X" pass (driven pass). Also, learn how to dribble using LT + RT.

I changed to 4-2-3-1 (2) & this formation seems very good for passing options but the stupid striker drifts out wide to the side lines sometimes limiting my options upfront. I'm crap but I can't wait till they patch the defense it's completely ridiculous.
  • Wammo247
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Play high pressure (like 99% do)

Don't pass much just sprint dribble (like 99% do)

• Alboy83
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mattheos wrote: »

I changed to 4-2-3-1 (2) & this formation seems very good for passing options but the stupid striker drifts out wide to the side lines sometimes limiting my options upfront. I'm crap but I can't wait till they patch the defense it's completely ridiculous.

Set your striker to stay central, he will not move wide then
  • Mattheos
    1352 posts Professional

Alboy83 wrote: »

Set your striker to stay central, he will not move wide then

Yeah I'll do that next time I'm on. I generally avoid instructions & tactics which is why I haven't done it.
  • Pjetrov
    56 posts Park Captain
    I have the same problem OP. In fifa 15 I spend most of my team in D4 tot D2. Now I have not made it past D6 :(
  • Mattheos
    1352 posts Professional
    Pjetrov wrote: »
    I have the same problem OP. In fifa 15 I spend most of my team in D4 tot D2. Now I have not made it past D6 :(

Yeah I was in that position on 15 aswell. I got caught a lot with L-Y's & pace but I was able to play the game I wanted too.
  • Tekkerz
    3345 posts National Call-Up
    Driven pass Everything, balls rolls in box,short corners,finesse every shot, 1,2s dont play at the back,defend with midfielders only never lose shape 433 (4) 4312 custom settings turn passing to 20 and turn offside trap off the game is really easy the more u play dont give up.
  • ZuParadox
    221 posts Sunday League Hero
    A couple of weeks ago i was terrible at this game, struggling to get out of Div 9

This morning i just won promotion to Div 4

Don't know how the hell it happened (probably buying Tevez helped) but something has just clicked. What i have noticed that i'm doing more is keeping the ball and knocking it around the back 4 until an opening occurs, then i advance forward with either a run or pass. If the oppo are playing a high press game its great to draw them up the field leaving plenty of space behind for Tevez to run in to.
  • Gromit
    3428 posts National Call-Up
    First Fifa where I've lost more than I've won. Currently something like 67-8-77.

And its mostly down to penalties and passing. I'm not a skiller though I've started to learn this year. So I used to beat people with passing. But its so unreliable this year. Even pressing full power on the pass button often leads to a short weak pass. And its not even consistent, I know its likely down to the introduction of the R1 driven pass, they need to remove it IMO. Passing is a basic function and the old method was not broken. Why change it?

And of course penalties, we're all suffering this one. Conceded so many for just standing my ground why some dude pulls off a skill move.

It's a shame because I believe they could have a great game with a bit of tweaking.
  • Mattheos
    1352 posts Professional
    Tekkerz wrote: »
    Driven pass Everything, balls rolls in box,short corners,finesse every shot, 1,2s dont play at the back,defend with midfielders only never lose shape 433 (4) 4312 custom settings turn passing to 20 and turn offside trap off the game is really easy the more u play dont give up.

Thank's for the advice, I'll give it a go.
  • Mattheos
    1352 posts Professional
    ZuParadox wrote: »
    A couple of weeks ago i was terrible at this game, struggling to get out of Div 9

This morning i just won promotion to Div 4

Don't know how the hell it happened (probably buying Tevez helped) but something has just clicked. What i have noticed that i'm doing more is keeping the ball and knocking it around the back 4 until an opening occurs, then i advance forward with either a run or pass. If the oppo are playing a high press game its great to draw them up the field leaving plenty of space behind for Tevez to run in to.

Cool, maybe something might click for me then. I'm going to try some of the method's mentioned in here.
  • ZuParadox
    221 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good luck

You just need to work out your opponent fairly quickly - see what kind of game he plays and how you can counteract it
  • Mattheos
    1352 posts Professional
    ZuParadox wrote: »
    Good luck

You just need to work out your opponent fairly quickly - see what kind of game he plays and how you can counteract it

Yeah it's getting through that last line of defense that's kind of doing my head in. I use to pass in a triangle between the CAM & 2 strikers but I can't seem to pull it off.
  • trusake
    44 posts Park Captain
    I feel Fifa 16 FUT plays more difficult than previous versions... in my experience I can't even get past 8th division! When in other FUT I was at least getting to 4th and had a higher % of winnings to losing. Whenever I play passes are extremely inaccurate, defenders do nothing, attackers can't seem to shoot at all, I'm lucky to score 1 goal in a game! Yet the opposition dribbles past me as if I wasn't even there, their goalie catches everything while my catches nothing and I even lose by 4 or 5 goals, my players get easily overtaken... Dunno, I'm looking to buy a few better forwards, if I still suck at it I'll just come back to FUT next year and enjoy career mode until then. Players play much quicker and more accurate in career mode than FUT.
    Guess I must be doing something wrong because others this year seem to be much better... Maybe I'm just getting old lol
  • Mattheos
    1352 posts Professional
    trusake wrote: »
    I feel Fifa 16 FUT plays more difficult than previous versions... in my experience I can't even get past 8th division! When in other FUT I was at least getting to 4th and had a higher % of winnings to losing. Whenever I play passes are extremely inaccurate, defenders do nothing, attackers can't seem to shoot at all, I'm lucky to score 1 goal in a game! Yet the opposition dribbles past me as if I wasn't even there, their goalie catches everything while my catches nothing and I even lose by 4 or 5 goals, my players get easily overtaken... Dunno, I'm looking to buy a few better forwards, if I still suck at it I'll just come back to FUT next year and enjoy career mode until then. Players play much quicker and more accurate in career mode than FUT.
    Guess I must be doing something wrong because others this year seem to be much better... Maybe I'm just getting old lol

Thing is there will be a patch soon I think, if it follows the same pattern as the previous titles.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    I can't adjust to this game. My whole game is one gigantic cluster **** this year as much as I hated Lb-Y pace in 15 at the very least I could try to slow the game down by holding possession & picking my passes when gaps open up through the middle. This year my opponent will shut down everything I try. I have defenders shadowing me, insta tackling me with slide tackles or elastico legs from behind, grappling or just sprinting straight into me. The interceptions too.

One thing that bothers me Is I don't even have to input anything sometimes. The computer will spring in full speed for me & nick the ball or make perfect tackles for me, if I try to actually make the tackles myself the ball just rebounds back to his attacker. Sometimes his attacker will run in a straight line making 3 tackles in row regaining possession.

I'm awful at this game & have no idea how to play it.

Try passing with y button. Rather than a.
  • Keano16
    680 posts Sunday League Hero

Thing is there will be a patch soon I think, if it follows the same pattern as the previous titles.

When, do you think it will be out?
  • Mattheos
    1352 posts Professional
    Keano16 wrote: »

When, do you think it will be out?

Sometime this month before Futmas maybe.
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    I just nearly draw against a guy who was AFK entire second half. Managed to score in 88th min and won 1-0. :lol: :lol: Beat this
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    I just nearly draw against a guy who was AFK entire second half. Managed to score in 88th min and won 1-0. :lol: :lol: Beat this
  • NosehairW
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I only bought this game because I wanted to see if I could get good at it, it looked really challenging on first impressions. Still no good either and it is rough.