FUT Online Draft

VolpeDiFuoco_10
3347 posts National Call-Up
Any tips on how to win all the 4 matches for the FUT online draft?

I reached the 4th match and lost in the final once, but I've never made it that far again after 5 or 6 attempts.

Comments

• RUS_PreDaToR
    3292 posts National Call-Up
    By being above average.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    By being above average.

No kidding. :)
  • Chubz
    3223 posts National Call-Up
    I managed to scrape a win in the final. Just depends if the game wants you to win or not. Usually exploiting the game mechanics is the way to go.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    Chubz wrote: »
    I managed to scrape a win in the final. Just depends if the game wants you to win or not. Usually exploiting the game mechanics is the way to go.

Yeah it also depends a lot on luck I guess...if you get a formation that you are used to and get a selection of good players that fit in.

It's a bit expensive to waste 15K trying to win it though.
  • Chubz
    3223 posts National Call-Up
    Chubz wrote: »

Yeah it also depends a lot on luck I guess...if you get a formation that you are used to and get a selection of good players that fit in.

It's a bit expensive to waste 15K trying to win it though.

This was my 2nd or 3rd online, and I always failed in the first or 2nd game. Must say, 1) I didn't think of winning, maybe that helped 2) I got 2x rare players pack and another pack. I managed to get Cuadrado (Excuse spelling) and sold him for 38k, plus loads of contracts, fitness, and prob sold around 6k worth of other players and items. So if you win, it seems attractive but if you don't, then I know the rewards are not always great.
  • musa18
    336 posts Sunday League Hero
    Can't get any tips from anyone. Just draft well, play well and win your games.
  • piper1203
    443 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think they need to do a better job of matching people with others who play on the same level. Im horrible at fifa, so why am I scheduled up against someone who is just out of this world good. im still a level 10 on online seasons. I get it I get it, then everyone could win...BUT if there is no difference in the packs awarded, which everyone here and at EA keeps saying, then it shouldnt matter.
  • AFWard
    909 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2015
    piper1203 wrote: »
    I think they need to do a better job of matching people with others who play on the same level. Im horrible at fifa, so why am I scheduled up against someone who is just out of this world good. im still a level 10 on online seasons. I get it I get it, then everyone could win...BUT if there is no difference in the packs awarded, which everyone here and at EA keeps saying, then it shouldnt matter.

I'm the same as you mate (although I'm in division 4 offline), which is why I only play OFFLINE draft :-)
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    omg, please ther is no TIPS on how to win 4 in a row. pelase..
    U just have to be good and hope for a lucky draw against a player that is not better then u, .

"above average" is damn right

Yeah I guess you are right. The guy that I lost to in the 4th match was definitely better than me and there wasn't much I could do about it.

Held him to 2-2 at half time but he won in the 2nd half and he deserved it. The point is wasting 15k on this when you don't win is painful as you don't get your coins back with the reward packs.
  • Scottish21
    2236 posts Fans' Favourite
    15 k would've got you 2 premium. If you win a game or 2 you usually get more than 15k worth. What you get in packs are random but its alot better than spending FP on packs normally if you can win some of the games. I've won it and got 100k worth a few times. Got Ibra and James rod 2x. Think I've got about 1.1mill from draft.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    Scottish21 wrote: »
    15 k would've got you 2 premium. If you win a game or 2 you usually get more than 15k worth. What you get in packs are random but its alot better than spending FP on packs normally if you can win some of the games. I've won it and got 100k worth a few times. Got Ibra and James rod 2x. Think I've got about 1.1mill from draft.

I must have bad luck with packs because even when I won 3 out of 4 I did not get 15k back.
  • Dejamoo
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What's the prize structure between online and offline?
  • Scottish21
    2236 posts Fans' Favourite
    You were unlucky but most people are. That's just packs for you.

A guy at my work played draft on world class and won it but got 40k worth of packs. Highest I've got online for winning is 100k.
  • TKBC
    3035 posts National Call-Up
    There are some jerks in this thread eh? Correct, there isn't any real "tips" to win 4 straight games. But, I have won draft 3-4 times in 10-12 tries - so I am not amazing or anything. But have made a bunch of finals and semi's so have done pretty good overall.

15k investment to play is DEFINITELY worth it if you win the first game. You will get more than 15k in packs. If you don't want to spend 15k on packs, then don't enter the FUT draft. Full stop. Don't spend 15k on a tournament, then complain that you didn't win 15k.

Tips;

1. Don't care about winning. If you lose the first round I have found you actually only get about 13.5k in packs (I've lost 3 first rounds). Anything beyond that is golden.
    2. Only enter if you like opening packs and are comfortable with the fact you aren't going to get 15k in player value in return more often than not - I won last night and the two best players I got were De Rossi and Hamouma.
    3. Choose a formation you like - if that formation isn't available choose a similar formation, OR a VERY defensive formation.
    4. Don't rely on game glitches or sweat - because inevitably the sweat will go against you and you will lose and then get mad and wonder why you lost. I played a complete idiot in the final last night. Total sweat fest. He was garbage. I won 4-3 and all 3 of his goals came from zig zag at kick off (he had mastered that I guess!). He didn't get a shot the entire rest of the game. He was mad that I beat him when his passing was less than 60% and his possession less than 40%!
    5. Get lucky! Over the course of 4 games you need some luck to win - a post, a deflection, a penalty etc. This is NO different than real life!!
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    TKBC wrote: »
    There are some jerks in this thread eh? Correct, there isn't any real "tips" to win 4 straight games. But, I have won draft 3-4 times in 10-12 tries - so I am not amazing or anything. But have made a bunch of finals and semi's so have done pretty good overall.

15k investment to play is DEFINITELY worth it if you win the first game. You will get more than 15k in packs. If you don't want to spend 15k on packs, then don't enter the FUT draft. Full stop. Don't spend 15k on a tournament, then complain that you didn't win 15k.

Tips;

1. Don't care about winning. If you lose the first round I have found you actually only get about 13.5k in packs (I've lost 3 first rounds). Anything beyond that is golden.
    2. Only enter if you like opening packs and are comfortable with the fact you aren't going to get 15k in player value in return more often than not - I won last night and the two best players I got were De Rossi and Hamouma.
    3. Choose a formation you like - if that formation isn't available choose a similar formation, OR a VERY defensive formation.
    4. Don't rely on game glitches or sweat - because inevitably the sweat will go against you and you will lose and then get mad and wonder why you lost. I played a complete idiot in the final last night. Total sweat fest. He was garbage. I won 4-3 and all 3 of his goals came from zig zag at kick off (he had mastered that I guess!). He didn't get a shot the entire rest of the game. He was mad that I beat him when his passing was less than 60% and his possession less than 40%!
    5. Get lucky! Over the course of 4 games you need some luck to win - a post, a deflection, a penalty etc. This is NO different than real life!!

Only reason I am playing it is because the online FUT draft is my last remaining trophy to platinum the game. Else I would spend those coins on FUT players.

However, thanks for your tips and comments. :)
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    Scottish21 wrote: »
    You were unlucky but most people are. That's just packs for you.

A guy at my work played draft on world class and won it but got 40k worth of packs. Highest I've got online for winning is 100k.

I only play online and won the offline one on my first try.

Now you got me curious at trying my luck at it again maybe I find something good in those reward packs.
  • The Shadow Knight
    2722 posts Fans' Favourite
    By being above average.

• Shred0r-86
    325 posts Sunday League Hero
    Also,

This might sound obvious but a LOT of people who I have played haven't tried to stick to the positions

I personally try and keep CMs as CMs instead of putting CAMs or wingers. They don't have the strength, defensive prowess or stamina.

A lot of people just try and get the best players every time which might not work well for the team/formation/chemistry.

I try and have 3 good players for subs and ALWAYS sub on a striker and winger and or CM or CB depending on the situation. They breeze through tired defenders and really help.

Just a couple of things I have found successful
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    Don't bother with offline, i've played it like 10x and still haven't gotten anything good.

Just build a good team and play well, 90% of the time, the better player will win.