Improve your Playstyle! [Help]

MarcovdH
999 posts Professional
edited November 2015
What is up guys,

I would love this thread to be a place where anyone can ask for help, this can be about formations, playstyles, tips and tricks and what so ever.

I myself would like some help aswell, I have entered over 20 FUT drafts and have never been able to get past the second round, this is extremely frustrating because I can't simply manage to finish my actions. The keepers are quite OP.

So my question would be, how do I get better at finishing/creating actions and what is a good way to defend against the opponent's actions?
Post edited by Chow on

Comments

• JCXIX
    177 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    About the draft. Big player mentality - in draft you will assume your strikers are god like so are probably rushing shots and rushing in on defence, and getting exposed. I would recommend you play patient and sensible if you can.

Also never play all 4 games in a row, maximum of three per session in my book.
  • MarcovdH
    999 posts Professional
    JCXIX wrote: »
    About the draft. Big player mentality - in draft you will assume your strikers are god like so are probably rushing shots and rushing in on defence, and getting exposed. I would recommend you play patient and sensible if you can.

Also never play all 4 games in a row, maximum of three per session in my book.

Mhm ye that might be the problem, I think I should practice on passing and passing back to make room to go forward again, think I play too rushed.
  • ha032742
    35194 posts Moderator
    Recently I've been so bad at defending, conceding pens and reds like no tomorrow, which is the one area I thought I was decent at. Any tips on defending those doing the touchline jig please?
  • MarcovdH
    999 posts Professional
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Recently I've been so bad at defending, conceding pens and reds like no tomorrow, which is the one area I thought I was decent at. Any tips on defending those doing the touchline jig please?

I have gotten better at this, try to not tackle but follow the player on his run and intercept on the ball at the right time instead of sliding/tackling on the person conceiding a penalty, next to that don't rush to the player if you touch them they back off and get a penalty aswell.
  • Dez1888
    1152 posts Professional
    edited November 2015
    MarcovdH wrote: »
    What is up guys,

I would love this thread to be a place where anyone can ask for help, this can be about formations, playstyles, tips and tricks and what so ever.

I myself would like some help aswell, I have entered over 20 FUT drafts and have never been able to get past the second round, this is extremely frustrating because I can't simply manage to finish my actions. The keepers are quite OP.

So my question would be, how do I get better at finishing/creating actions and what is a good way to defend against the opponent's actions?

This might sound like a dumb question but it's something that helped me a lot...have you played the advanced shooting skill game? Keep playing it to you can get at least 50,000 points in the final advanced shooting, it becomes quite enjoyable too in my opinion
  • ha032742
    35194 posts Moderator

I have gotten better at this, try to not tackle but follow the player on his run and intercept on the ball at the right time instead of sliding/tackling on the person conceiding a penalty, next to that don't rush to the player if you touch them they back off and get a penalty aswell.

I don't even press slide tackle or tackle :cry:

Do you jockey or not?
  • sturges12345
    3006 posts National Call-Up
    Cannot create any chances with 4 2 3 1 (1)
  • Hagman10
    12296 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2015

@sturges12345 Probably cause it's one of the most defensive and bad formations in the game. Try 4-3-3, 4-3-2-1 or a two ST formation and you'll probably create more.
  • sturges12345
    3006 posts National Call-Up
    Hagman10 wrote: »

@sturges12345 Probably cause it's one of the most defensive formations in the game. Try 4-3-3, 4-3-2-1 or a two ST formation and you'll probably create more.
    Then I can't defend lol.
  • Hagman10
    12296 posts Has That Special Something
    Hagman10 wrote: »

@sturges12345 Probably cause it's one of the most defensive formations in the game. Try 4-3-3, 4-3-2-1 or a two ST formation and you'll probably create more.
    Then I can't defend lol.

@sturges12345 lol then i guess you'll have to choose. Matches full of goals or matches with no goals .
  • Shadow_185
    7051 posts Big Money Move

we still have to play each other :(
  • ha032742
    35194 posts Moderator
    Shadow_185 wrote: »

we still have to play each other :(

Left analog stick is playing up (players are veering up on the screen even though I press down) so got a new controller coming tomorrow :)
  • Since changing camera to Co-op it's like I've got FIFA 17. Now I can see the game and I'm enjoying winning again. Gone up 3 divs since switching.
  • EisenErmin
    5703 posts Big Money Move
    Do not rush towards the attacker. Keep the shape and run back with midfielders or fullbacks. You dont need to get the ball as soon as possible.

Move the ball around and sometimes its better to pass backwards instead of taking the risky pass to the lone stricker. Dont try to force it.

Know your players. I am not much of a skiller, but its important to know which player can pull of a move in certain situations. Never go into fancy dribblings with your defense.

• Alergi
    1167 posts Professional
    I have a nice handy tip for slide tackles, double tap square, I find this so op, 9/10 times it's not a foul, and when you double tap your player gets up quick, sometimes this results in knockin the opposition down, but you have hit the ball already so you don't get fouled, I never see people doing this, (div 2 ) try it out!
  • MarcovdH
    999 posts Professional
    Dez1888 wrote: »
    What is up guys,

This might sound like a dumb question but it's something that helped me a lot...have you played the advanced shooting skill game? Keep playing it to you can get at least 50,000 points in the final advanced shooting, it becomes quite enjoyable too in my opinion

Good idea, have started with this yesterday indeed but not a lot.

@ha032742 nope I do not jockey, I just press L2 at the right time
  • MarcovdH
    999 posts Professional
    Lovely I followed some tips and tricks and made it to division 5 ! Also won the first three games in that division so the chance I get into division 4 is quite big!

If anyone else needs tips / tricks, feel free to ask anything at here.