The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

451(2) vs. 4141

Johnny Bravo
1303 posts Professional
Has anybody used both of the above formations and if so could you point out the pros and the cons of each one in comparison to each other please.

I have been using the below team which has been working very well but have been frustrated at times when Sven or Lars Bender are popping up in shooting positions all the time rather than KPB.

I don't mind this so much with Lars and he actually has an ok scoring record with me but Sven is useless at finishing. I've tried swapping the three of them round in their CM roles but I've decided I'm now either going to take Sven Bender out and look for an alternative, similar player who is a bit better with their shooting or change formation to 4141.

The thing is in a way I don't really want to do either, besides his finishing Sven Bender is a very good and I enjoy the dynamics of the formation. If I change to 4141 is it going to change the feel of the team too much?

Anyway, current team is below. Also have a BPL team in the same formation I rotate with which needs a tweak too but overall that one is more balanced how I like but will be replacing Dembele as his 2* weak foot drives me mad.

pitch-690010.jpg

Comments

• Shaanxz
    21163 posts Club Captain
    I'm gonna give it a go later on,
    For midfield I would recomned a holding mid, box to box and a playmaker

Basically mine would be

Hakan juzunovic
    Bender

Id recommend to keep fullbacks on stay back while attacking
  • Johnny Bravo
    1303 posts Professional
    The full backs are ok going forward as the midfield three generally won't all push on at once so are there to cover if I get caught in possession. I like the midfield three as they are too as they all have decent strength and passing so if the game gets tight in the middle they tend to dominate.

I've been having a lot of success with the team as it is I just feel like it could be a bit better if I play around with it or encourage the two CM's who have better finishing to be on the end of moves more often.
  • Shaanxz
    21163 posts Club Captain
    The full backs are ok going forward as the midfield three generally won't all push on at once so are there to cover if I get caught in possession. I like the midfield three as they are too as they all have decent strength and passing so if the game gets tight in the middle they tend to dominate.

I've been having a lot of success with the team as it is I just feel like it could be a bit better if I play around with it or encourage the two CM's who have better finishing to be on the end of moves more often.
    Try instructuons or vary the instruction.

I'd prefer Choupo or Di santo, both 6 ft4 and have better ball control to keep the ball
  • jordansky1111
    6945 posts Big Money Move
    Yes and 4141 is far better. CMs support the striker more. If you have an attacking CDM is doesnt seem to matter as if you have one H/H CM he will defend fine.

Iborra is a goat CDM scores way too many goals for me.
  • Johnny Bravo
    1303 posts Professional
    Shaanxz wrote: »

Try instructuons or vary the instruction.

I'd prefer Choupo or Di santo, both 6 ft4 and have better ball control to keep the ball

I tried Di Santo and he was sickeningly bad, absolutely terrible player.

In previous formations I've preferred Choupo-Moting but Huntelaar just seems to click in this team, I still have the former on the bench though and I usually chuck him on in the last 30 minutes against tired defenders as that little bit of pace causes them problems by that point.
    Yes and 4141 is far better. CMs support the striker more. If you have an attacking CDM is doesnt seem to matter as if you have one H/H CM he will defend fine.

Iborra is a goat CDM scores way too many goals for me.

I'm planning on making two more sides to try and they were going to be 451(2) but might make them 4141 now, one was going to be Spanish/BBVA players so will try Iborra as I've been wanting to get him in a team anyway. 6ft5 CDM with good passing, tackling and strength is exactly the kind of player I like. Thinking about using Llorente at striker too in that team and Morata as an option from the bench.
  • Johnny Bravo
    1303 posts Professional
    This is what I was thinking of with my new 4141/451(2) I was planning.

Don't know if there isn't enough attacking mindset in the CM's though. Trying to build a bargain/budget team but could go with Koke at CM for Benat.

Haven't worked out the defence yet as I don't think there's a lot of great value in BBVA for defenders. Was thinking about trying to find a way to work Casillas into goal but not come up with anything I'm happy with yet.

pitch-690227.jpg
  • Alboy83
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Was using 4141 but found lack of goal scoring opportunities but switched to 451(2) and the difference is night and day, 2 high/med and med/med or med/high in the middle of midfield and I find it works great.
  • Mchjes
    17 posts Ball Boy
    Both awful.
  • Alboy83
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mchjes wrote: »
    Both awful.

Your prob awful at them