4644 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2015
    @xciljw ,
    What do you think of a setup starting with:
    ST: Ibra
    RF: Di Maria (7 Chem)
    RCM: Matuidi (maybe Verratti)
    RB: Aurier

Thoughts on the setup and especially Di Maria?
    To me, Lucas only really have the advantage of 3* WF to Di Maria's 2* WF.
  • xciljw
    5024 posts Big Money Move
    Samy wrote: »
    Hey mate!
    First thanks for the guide...very nice and well made.
    An a question: what will be your best possible team for this formation(working one, no matter the league of hybrid)?
    Thanks

@Samy Thank you very much! I must admit it was quite hard to think of what is the best possible team. As you described it as team I assumed you would like full chemistry. I made 2 'Almost Full Chemistry' teams as well.

Full Chemistry

644a9f9fb8023bf58b71f2fa507b6dbe.png

Almost Full Chemistry
    f1a0b076a6eed4ba40dd883c406f46d2.png

I would obviously pick Ronaldo - Ibra - Messi as best attack without concidering chemistry, but Suarez is a good alternative for Ibrahimovic. Too bad the BBVA almost has no perfect players for the midfield in this formation, so I could not go Ronaldo - Suarez - Messi. You might think Lichtsteiner is a weird suggestion, but he is in fact one of the best RBs in FUT. The overall quality of RBs is pretty poor and the only higher rated one (84 rated Dani Alves) has H/L workrates and therefore does not suit if your defense is already vulnerable.
  • MaestroPirlo21
    1501 posts Play-Off Hero
    xciljw wrote: »
    Interesting. Never would have considered Junuzovic. A little more pace, and little more creativity and...wow those free kicks! Can't imagine he would be much more than discard so I will certainly give him a run of games. Would you say Lahm is a long term replacement here?

Pereya for Strootman is also something I was considering. I guess Radja would be a suitable replacement for Guarin at some point as well.

I chose Radu for the work rates, but I think you see that I am fielding a pretty defensive line up. I am keeping my opponent at bay, but I suppose I could use a bit more creativity and width from the full backs. I just don't like getting caught in an outnumbered situation coming back against a counter attack. On the other hand, a more offensive fullback could free the forwards up a bit more and besides, with Mandzukic in the middle I am not afraid to put some crosses into the box.

Oh...and yes, Muller is great! Reminds me of his informs the last few years being moved in from the wing. Having the h/h strikers means that they drop a bit deeper which helps give another outlet.

I look forward to really getting the ins and outs of this formation!

Learned a lot from your gameplay footage too!

Cheers.

@MaestroPirlo21 Junuzovic is just over discard and therefore a great addition to the team. Quality player, much better then Bender in LCM, for that amount of coins is just a bargain. Lahm can be seen as a future replacement for the CCM position, where you are playing Gustavo now. Problem is that you might start lacking some height in midfield when using Lahm, so that is why I am not 100% telling you he will be a future replacement. Can't use 2 relatively small players (Junu & Lahm) and 1 average height player (Vidal).

Nainggolan would be great to replace Guarin with at a later point. For now you just don't have the coins and it is better to focus on other positions first as Guarin is a very decent player.

Yeah I got you had Radu for that, but he lacks going forward. If you have seen the gameplay video I made you will notice that the LB/RB have the space to overlap and therefore a little more pace and better dribbling and passing are very useful, just as Alex Sandro's H/M workrates. Alex Sandro is very similar to Alaba, I can tell, except being not as good as Alaba. Great player for that amount of coins. You won't often get outnumbered when you don't rush forward too far with your full backs. I explained in the guide as well I often used them to push forward just a bit and then get the ball to the midfielder.
    @xciljw

Would you like to add me as I am on xb1? Perhaps we could play sometime and you could give me some advice. I sometimes get into a static kind of play style and suggestions for improvement is always welcome. I enjoy my games against fellow formers even if I lose, they are usually good matches.

If you would like, my gamer tag is the same as my forum name.

MaestroPirlo21

After playing a good chunk of a season today (while off work sick...lol), I am starting to get comfortable with this formation. Thanks for your guide and advice, up until today I was going through several formations and not settling in with any of them. I think this will stick for a bit.

Sure mate. My GT is XcilPersion. I always love playing people from here and besides I like to help people out. Even after random seasons games I sometimes get messages people telling me to give them feedback on their play when I won and I am definitely willing to help them out.

Sounds really good. Glad you enjoy the formation!

I look forward to trying out Junuzovic and I think he could be one of those hidden gems. Funny thing is that Bender has been decent, chipping in with some goals too and probably has added more offensively than Vidal.

I also brought in Pereya for Strootman.

I will do something about the lb for each team. Do you feel Schmelzer to be an upgrade over Kolasinic due to the h/h?

I now have 17k and all my coins boosts have just ran out. So improvements will be minimal for a while.

I have added you, thanks!
  • xciljw
    flicKz wrote: »
    pitch-696784.jpg

What you think about this team? 50k for Improvements on PS4?

@flicKz I think it is a promising team with room for improvement. For now I would change the following:
    Matuidi > Garcia
    Aurier > De Marcos
    (Swap Mustafi & Abdennour sides)
    Ter Stegen > Casilla
    Mathieu > Mustafi

And start saving to afford Cavani ST and Lucas/Lacazette (CF at RF).
  • xciljw
    great guide, bookmarking it. Currently I am using 4231, but will switch to this formation when I get Reus.

@FubarRipper After I switched to this formation, using 4231 earlier, I started to realize how much I have missed Reus so far. Has been in all my teams on all previous FIFAs. Great player. Too bad he is much more expensive now.
  • xciljw
    000BMM wrote: »
    p0IrXJu.png

Thoughts and changes? Is Bellarabi a good RF choice?
    80K Budget

@000BMM I really like that team. Midfield looks so good. Changes I would make are picking Muller over Javier Hernandez. Lots of people were really positive about Muller at that position. Besides I would go with Alex Sandro over Evra. Maybe you could get Miranda and Manolas as your CBs and start saving for Chiellini and Buffon?

Bellerabi looks like a really good RF. Just wish he had a better weak foot or just was left footed. :lol:
  • Samy
    52 posts Park Captain
    Hey mate!
    First thanks for the guide...very nice and well made.
    An a question: what will be your best possible team for this formation(working one, no matter the league of hybrid)?
    Thanks

@Samy Thank you very much! I must admit it was quite hard to think of what is the best possible team. As you described it as team I assumed you would like full chemistry. I made 2 'Almost Full Chemistry' teams as well.

Full Chemistry

644a9f9fb8023bf58b71f2fa507b6dbe.png

Almost Full Chemistry
    f1a0b076a6eed4ba40dd883c406f46d2.png

I would obviously pick Ronaldo - Ibra - Messi as best attack without concidering chemistry, but Suarez is a good alternative for Ibrahimovic. Too bad the BBVA almost has no perfect players for the midfield in this formation, so I could not go Ronaldo - Suarez - Messi. You might think Lichtsteiner is a weird suggestion, but he is in fact one of the best RBs in FUT. The overall quality of RBs is pretty poor and the only higher rated one (84 rated Dani Alves) has H/L workrates and therefore does not suit if your defense is already vulnerable.

Those teams are looking amazingly :smile:
    Thanks a lot. I'll try the first one cause Ronaldo is still a dream for now...took messi cause heard good stuff about him.
    Now i will look for a fitness one from Seria A, BBVA, Bundes and Ligue 1
  • Really nice guide m8! Congrats!

My team is:

Ribery - Auba - Costa
    Thiago - Gundo - Boateng
    Rodriguez - Shar- Sokratis - Piszczek
    Leno

I know that the LCM RCM are not all rounds like Vidal or Marchicio and gundo not the perfect CM but i can keep possession in midfield really well with this.

Improvements with 30k (X-one)

Thanks!
  • smittie77
    218 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Great guide @xciljw! Nice one to read.

What is your opinion the best BPL Squad?
  • flicKz
    14 posts Ball Boy
    pitch-696784.jpg

What you think about this team? 50k for Improvements on PS4?

@flicKz I think it is a promising team with room for improvement. For now I would change the following:
    Matuidi > Garcia
    Aurier > De Marcos
    (Swap Mustafi & Abdennour sides)
    Ter Stegen > Casilla
    Mathieu > Mustafi

And start saving to afford Cavani ST and Lucas/Lacazette (CF at RF).

Thanks for your tips :) really great guide to improve my gameplay.
    I liked your f9 guide last yeah so i trust your guides :smiley:
    I will try to get lucas and lacazette and swap with sharaawy and Ben arfa then
  • SimmoEFC
    11477 posts Has That Special Something
    Will give this a go for my fitness squad I think. Although I love the 433(5) this year strangely enough :D
  • wijnaldum16
    3890 posts National Call-Up
    How about this...

1Rpb7ia2.png
  • xciljw
    Barslund wrote: »
    @xciljw ,
    What do you think of a setup starting with:
    ST: Ibra
    RF: Di Maria (7 Chem)
    RCM: Matuidi (maybe Verratti)
    RB: Aurier

Thoughts on the setup and especially Di Maria?
    To me, Lucas only really have the advantage of 3* WF to Di Maria's 2* WF.

@Barslund Looks great mate. Would pick Matuidi over Verratti. Seems really solid. Have not used Di Maria as RF yet, but seems a better option then Lucas, also because he is left footed and cuts in with the stronger foot. Have used Di Maria as right CAM in 4-2-3-1 and he was decent there. Though he was not that special either. Probably best option if you want to hybrid this with other leagues though.
  • xciljw
    Po1en wrote: »
    Really nice guide m8! Congrats!

My team is:

Ribery - Auba - Costa
    Thiago - Gundo - Boateng
    Rodriguez - Shar- Sokratis - Piszczek
    Leno

I know that the LCM RCM are not all rounds like Vidal or Marchicio and gundo not the perfect CM but i can keep possession in midfield really well with this.

Improvements with 30k (X-one)

Thanks!

@Po1en Not many changes to that team can be made with 30k. Attack is expensive and is really solid (though I prefer Reus over Ribery). Midfield is different then what I would play it. I would play a more defensive player in the mid, but if it allows you to keep possession we should not change the midfield. Junuzovic is definitely a great call though (over Thiago). Midfield of Junu - Gustavo - Boateng would be what I would go with. Full backs are fine like this, improving (Alaba) is very expensive. I would get Benatia to pair up with Sokratis at the back for now.
  • xciljw
    smittie77 wrote: »
    Great guide @xciljw! Nice one to read.

What is your opinion the best BPL Squad?

@smittie77 Thank you. It is a little hard to depend what is best, as the BPL does not have many players that suit the LCM or RCM position. Players that are usually great (De Bruyne or Yaya Toure) are not that perfect for this formation as they are for other formations. Yaya lacks workrates and De Bruyne just can't defend. Therefore I would go with this team eventually:

2284e8d2d866865de7e6c1aa3dd0a0ae.png
  • xciljw
    Thanks for your tips :) really great guide to improve my gameplay.
    I liked your f9 guide last yeah so i trust your guides :smiley:
    I will try to get lucas and lacazette and swap with sharaawy and Ben arfa then

@flicKz You're welcome. Thanks again. Great to see there is people in here remembering me from the false 9 guide and therefore willing to give this a serious go. Wish you all the best with your team and hopefully good results using this formation.
  • xciljw
    SimmoEFC wrote: »
    Will give this a go for my fitness squad I think. Although I love the 433(5) this year strangely enough :D

@SimmoEFC Loved the false 9 so much last year and how desperate I was at the beginning of FIFA 16 to love it this year as well, I could not get it to work as I wanted. At that point you must be realistic and find the formation that suits me for this year and I figured out it was this formation. Definitely try it for you fitness squad. If you like it it is great to know there is another formation that suits you. If it does not you can always change it again as it is just a fitness squad. Good luck trying it!
  • Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something
    Brilliant guide @xciljw

2fea5bea0cdbf7ef15d2e3c3bae25dc7.png

This is my team. This formation has been brilliant for me since I swapped to it a couple weeks ago or so. Last two seasons in D1 i've gotten 22 points and 24 points. Nainggolan, Mertens and Higuain are stars. Feel this formation is perfect especially with the midfield 3 as they all have defensive quality without restricting attacking play. I feel it's perfectly balanced most of the time, although I do agree that it can get caught short on the counter every so often, but Smalling is often there to clean up.
  • xciljw
    How about this...

1Rpb7ia2.png

@wijnaldum16 Very solid team. Just don't know about Yaya's workrates. Very allround but I don't know to what extent his workrates affect him this formation. Let me know what you think of him. Robben definitely as RF by the way, but you probably don't have enough coins for him as he is an obvious upgrade.
  • nice guide :smile:
    i'm looking for a narrow formation but with wingers
    and looks like the 4321 is maybe the only option...
    just wanted to ask, have u tried it like another version of the 433(4)
    like this putting the central CM as players who can play as CAM or CF
    EFeGFLp.png
    would it be too hard for the defense side?
    if it looks too hard would changing Vidal to Lahm and Pogba to Marchisio work?
    what r your thoughts?

sorry if some my english dont make sense...:D
  • xciljw
    Jake wrote: »
    Brilliant guide @xciljw

This is my team. This formation has been brilliant for me since I swapped to it a couple weeks ago or so. Last two seasons in D1 i've gotten 22 points and 24 points. Nainggolan, Mertens and Higuain are stars. Feel this formation is perfect especially with the midfield 3 as they all have defensive quality without restricting attacking play. I feel it's perfectly balanced most of the time, although I do agree that it can get caught short on the counter every so often, but Smalling is often there to clean up.

@Jake Thank you very much. Good to hear the formation is successful for you a well. Your team looks great. Little more offensive in midfield in terms of workrates compared to how I like it. Still very decent. If you want I can add your team to the Community Teams in the chapter about teams?
  • xciljw
    nice guide :smile:
    i'm looking for a narrow formation but with wingers
    and looks like the 4321 is maybe the only option...
    just wanted to ask, have u tried it like another version of the 433(4)
    like this putting the central CM as players who can play as CAM or CF
    EFeGFLp.png
    would it be too hard for the defense side?
    if it looks too hard would changing Vidal to Lahm and Pogba to Marchisio work?
    what r your thoughts?

sorry if some my english dont make sense...:D

@FrankTwinkletoes Thank you. I believe you mean I am using it like 41221 right now and you are wondering how it would play as 42121. I did try it, but it was quite hard, at least harder then having a defensive centre central midfielder.

If you want to try it 42121 yourself (could be that you like it that way, but I would not use it that way) the suggested changes are good to have more defensive players on the left and right central midfielder. Don't forget to change the instructions in midfield, so having the LCM/RCM stay back and the CCM on default in that case.

Your English is completely fine. Do not worry about that.
  • Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something
    Jake wrote: »
    Brilliant guide @xciljw

@Jake Thank you very much. Good to hear the formation is successful for you a well. Your team looks great. Little more offensive in midfield in terms of workrates compared to how I like it. Still very decent. If you want I can add your team to the Community Teams in the chapter about teams?

Yeah go for it :)
  • Samy
    52 posts Park Captain
    edited November 2015
    Just finished the one you suggested. Looking forward to try it:)

VAfWsZt.png?1
  • Po1en
    2 posts Ball Boy
    @xciljw Done!

Reus > Ribery
    Junu > thiago
    Gustavo > Gundo
    Benatia > Shar

Lets see how it works! thanks
  • xciljw

VAfWsZt.png?1

@Samy Very nice. Not enough coins for Neuer I see. Still amazing team. Lovely. If you want I can add it to the first post with the other Community Teams?
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2015
    @xciljw...Great guide. Tried it but I am going to give 433-5 a try. I feel the formation a little cramped .
  • Satan the Angel
    656 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Really want to give this formation a try after reading this great guide @xciljw! Great video to show it in action as well.

Running low on coins atm the min as almost fully invested in IF trading.

Any chance you could make me a nice team for 30k on X1 please?

Prefer all links to be at least orange so happy with single league/nation.

Haven't tried La Liga or Bundesliga from the big leagues yet so have a preference to one of them if you are going single league.

Thanks.
  • JSaintUK
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hey mate, I followed you guide last year to great success. Another great guide! Was wondering if you minded making me a team for 60k? Would be much appreciated.
  • Samy
    52 posts Park Captain

VAfWsZt.png?1

@Samy Very nice. Not enough coins for Neuer I see. Still amazing team. Lovely. If you want I can add it to the first post with the other Community Teams?

:smiley:
    Of course you can...anyway it was your suggestion
    About Neuer...i will have him soon, but heard good things about Fährmann so i wanted to test him...Neuer is next on my list :wink: