Guide to the Christmas Tree Formation: 4-3-2-1

Comments

• randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    Elnegro wrote: »
    SJR440 wrote: »
    @xciljw Great guide man :) I might have posted in here before but thinking about using the below around SIF Bale (will only be left with 20k once I've bought him!)

2csax39.png

What do you think? Any improvements you would suggest perhaps being made to it? :)

Just giving my 2 cents... You might be better off going NIF Bale (who performs great BTW) and really beefing up the other positions. You can build a hell of a squad for the cost of SIF Bale. Heck, you might be able to pull off NIF Neymar, NIF Bale, Benz and some other Barc/RM players to round out the team.

88 Neymar is trading lower and lower, NIF Bale is already crazy cheap IMHO.

Just a thought :smile:

I got the same opinion! I have nif bale and damn he is so sick that u dont need an inform bale! Upgrade ur team

This is less then 400k Xbone...

http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/11440501/

You can eliminate the hybrid and use Rakitic/Alves/Pepe or Masch. Personally I like having a bit more pace in the midfield. I stick with Iniesta because he is just so nasty on the ball. Modric is just Modric. Plays so far above his ratings.
  • SJR440
    4338 posts National Call-Up
    Elnegro wrote: »
    @xciljw Great guide man :) I might have posted in here before but thinking about using the below around SIF Bale (will only be left with 20k once I've bought him!)

2csax39.png

What do you think? Any improvements you would suggest perhaps being made to it? :)

Just giving my 2 cents... You might be better off going NIF Bale (who performs great BTW) and really beefing up the other positions. You can build a hell of a squad for the cost of SIF Bale. Heck, you might be able to pull off NIF Neymar, NIF Bale, Benz and some other Barc/RM players to round out the team.

88 Neymar is trading lower and lower, NIF Bale is already crazy cheap IMHO.

Just a thought :smile:

I got the same opinion! I have nif bale and damn he is so sick that u dont need an inform bale! Upgrade ur team

This is less then 400k Xbone...

http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/11440501/

You can eliminate the hybrid and use Rakitic/Alves/Pepe or Masch. Personally I like having a bit more pace in the midfield. I stick with Iniesta because he is just so nasty on the ball. Modric is just Modric. Plays so far above his ratings.

@randomhero1090 You bring up a valid point - I haven't had the chance to try NIF Bale so going straight onto the SIF and having a lesser team might not be such a good idea.

However, I'm on PS4 so it would be PS4 prices. I think, when everything sells, I should have around 675k to spend.
  • SJR440
    4338 posts National Call-Up
    Here's an idea I've drafted up @randomhero1090.

2vv9zio.png

Let me know your thoughts :)

• Seandimes
    1877 posts Play-Off Hero
    Built this team over the weekend, brought me my first 8-0 Div 1 run - can really recommend it

a68e36e45119e5241abb10f9cdb9b4ed.png
  • randomhero1090
    Here's an idea I've drafted up @randomhero1090.

2vv9zio.png

Let me know your thoughts :)

Very creative. Some great players, many who play above their ratings. I'd go Benz or Griez. All depends on the style of ST you like. Target man vs sprinter.

Look at Castan at CB with Miranda. Links should be fine.

There's a lot of options here, but if you like these players I see no fault.
  • madareja
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    After try several player,
    I really like my squad now.

Neymar - Suarez - SIF Bale

Vidal - Modric - Marchisio

Alaba - Boateng - Chielini - IF Florenzi

SIF Fahrmann

Modric: Get Forward
    VIdal and Marchisio: Stay Back
  • randomhero1090
    madareja wrote: »
    After try several player,
    I really like my squad now.

Neymar - Suarez - SIF Bale

Vidal - Modric - Marchisio

Alaba - Boateng - Chielini - IF Florenzi

SIF Fahrmann

Modric: Get Forward
    VIdal and Marchisio: Stay Back

Great squad. Just a warning about the CCM get forward, outsides stay back approach.

I did this with the same cast of players. Vidal is H/H and gets forward no matter. March isn't as bad, but still does. Just watch that you aren't getting caugh out a lot. I was. I went CCM stay back and balanced on both outsides. I still get plenty of attack and a more balanced D. More balanced play overall. Quite frankly playing better overall.

If it's working, awesome. If you are struggling in the mid give the above a try. It's a pretty awesome team, should be tons of fun.

• Elnegro
    21 posts Ball Boy
    Guys which midfield would u use in 4321
    Option a : vidal-rodriguez-modric
    Or
    Option b : vidal - iniesta- modric
    ?
  • randomhero1090
    B. But put Modric in the middle if you can.
  • Tim86
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite
    Have been using this formation for at least one of my teams for such a long time, but lately it seems to have gone a bit stale. With all the changes this game has been going through it seems less and less efficient if you want to create chances through domination. In the high div and even in most cups now everyone just plays super defensive and this formation really doesn't seem to be working that great under those conditions (anymore)...just too narrow.

More people experiencing the same thing after using this formation for a long time?

Quite a shame because it fits my hybrids perfectly.
  • Brambos
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sat_Apr_2_14_39_17_UTC_0200_2016.jpg

any thoughts, tips,... i'm struggling with coutinho, his strenght is a problem i thing
  • Claicon
    2308 posts Fans' Favourite
    Brambos wrote: »
    Sat_Apr_2_14_39_17_UTC_0200_2016.jpg

any thoughts, tips,... i'm struggling with coutinho, his strenght is a problem i thing

Would change Oscar and go with Yaya Toure instead. You need a player with decent height in the middle imo. Normally you should do well, also using IF Douglas Costa there and got no problems, he's a beast for me in this formation.
  • randomhero1090
    Tim86 wrote: »
    Have been using this formation for at least one of my teams for such a long time, but lately it seems to have gone a bit stale. With all the changes this game has been going through it seems less and less efficient if you want to create chances through domination. In the high div and even in most cups now everyone just plays super defensive and this formation really doesn't seem to be working that great under those conditions (anymore)...just too narrow.

More people experiencing the same thing after using this formation for a long time?

I was on fire with it over about 20 games (15-3-4 I think was my run). Running like 3-3-3 over last 2 seasons now. Just not springing chances like I was.

I'm finding the middle too bunched. But I'm thinking of trying free roam with my outside CMs who are all H/H or M/H (meaning I think they will get back on D). I have very good players on the outside so I wanna see if I can get them more involved and moving.

Also, gonna go back to balanced for my wings. When the wings come back a bit it opens up the sides more.

I think it's the tactics more than anything. As they do updates, another one last night, you gotta find the right settings to maximize the game play.

I'll say this, in seeing more 442/4411 and similar wide styles lately.

• Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner

I was on fire with it over about 20 games (15-3-4 I think was my run). Running like 3-3-3 over last 2 seasons now. Just not springing chances like I was.

I'm finding the middle too bunched. But I'm thinking of trying free roam with my outside CMs who are all H/H or M/H (meaning I think they will get back on D). I have very good players on the outside so I wanna see if I can get them more involved and moving.

Also, gonna go back to balanced for my wings. When the wings come back a bit it opens up the sides more.

I think it's the tactics more than anything. As they do updates, another one last night, you gotta find the right settings to maximize the game play.

I do the same thing. I just have my wings on get in behind. I have them balanced everywhere else and it offers a outlet of I'm stuck in the middle of the pitch.
  • randomhero1090
    Kip2MyLou wrote: »

I do the same thing. I just have my wings on get in behind. I have them balanced everywhere else and it offers a outlet of I'm stuck in the middle of the pitch.

Tried free roam... Meh.

I moved my Bundes squad to a 4231 and kept my BBVA squad 4321. I like the 4231 because it's wide yet still gets forward, but I felt like the attack breaks down too far from the goal. With 4321, if you start losing momentum its usually closer to goal and you can pop a shot.

When I went to 4231 I moved Gund out of the middle and added Muller. Things were going well then it kinda stalled out.

So I moved back to 4321 on the Bundes and kept Muller in the middle. I have Vidal and March on his side. They get back and forth so quick still have plently of D coverage. On both my Bundes and BBVA I went Balanced everywhere except my wingbacks, who I instructed to stay back.

I fell from DIV3 down to 5 prior to the Muller/Balance changes. Went 6-1-1 and won DIV5. Went 7-1-0 and won DIV4. Started DIV3 5-2-1 and lost the last 2 games and just missed promotion. Got STEAMROLLED by a guy who simply knew how to work through a somewhat high pressure narrow formation and lost 2-1 in the 10th game. Ugh.

So, 18-4-4 over the weekend. Can't really argue with that.
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    Kip2MyLou wrote: »

Tried free roam... Meh.

I moved my Bundes squad to a 4231 and kept my BBVA squad 4321. I like the 4231 because it's wide yet still gets forward, but I felt like the attack breaks down too far from the goal. With 4321, if you start losing momentum its usually closer to goal and you can pop a shot.

When I went to 4231 I moved Gund out of the middle and added Muller. Things were going well then it kinda stalled out.

So I moved back to 4321 on the Bundes and kept Muller in the middle. I have Vidal and March on his side. They get back and forth so quick still have plently of D coverage. On both my Bundes and BBVA I went Balanced everywhere except my wingbacks, who I instructed to stay back.

I fell from DIV3 down to 5 prior to the Muller/Balance changes. Went 6-1-1 and won DIV5. Went 7-1-0 and won DIV4. Started DIV3 5-2-1 and lost the last 2 games and just missed promotion. Got STEAMROLLED by a guy who simply knew how to work through a somewhat high pressure narrow formation and lost 2-1 in the 10th game. Ugh.

So, 18-4-4 over the weekend. Can't really argue with that.

My bundesliga team is

Schurrle - Muller - Bella
    Gund - Lars - Vidal
    Typical back line

I love it because if I don't have an outlet I can give it to muller up front in the middle and have him either give it back to a midfielder for a give and go or dish it one of my quick wingers, with his great passing. Works very well.
  • JimmyVulmer
    6168 posts Big Money Move
    Think the work rates would be fine with Bale - Matthaus - Gullit as my midfield?

I have Vieira CCM right now but some people have recommended switching to Matthaus
  • Tim86
    Think the work rates would be fine with Bale - Matthaus - Gullit as my midfield?

I have Vieira CCM right now but some people have recommended switching to Matthaus

I would stick to Vieira there..height is a big factor in CCM
  • Tim86

• AlexSolm
    8204 posts League Winner
    @xciljw Would you say Busquets is appropriate for the CCM role in this formation, despite not having your recommended work rates?
  • reidabalda
    484 posts An Exciting Prospect
    AlexSolm wrote: »
    @xciljw Would you say Busquets is appropriate for the CCM role in this formation, despite not having your recommended work rates?

Yeah busquets is quite good for this system aside the fact he is not good offensively

• Runefang
    6045 posts Big Money Move
    Couldn't be bothered with screenshots but I'm thinking of making these two teams, any thoughts:

Ronaldo - Auba - Reus
    Bale - Matthaus - Gullit
    Brehme - Godin - Maldini - Alaba
    Seaman

Ronaldo - Kluivert - Best
    Gullit - Matthaus - Marchisio
    Layun - Moore - Bonucci - Florenzi
    Handanovic

TOTS/TOTY versions for all except maybe MOTM Reus if he doesn't sneak in.
  • nextqprmanager
    3324 posts National Call-Up
    I have 350k & Aguero, KDB, Tevez + Serie A players
    Was going to buy Pogba, Bale & Modric at TOTS ; Maybe Griezy?
    Who are the best front 3?
    Neymar ?, Hazard ?, who to buy?
    thx
  • Claicon
    Hey guys,

what do you think about putting Kroos as a CCM in this formation? Never played with him this year (only last year with his TOTY and he was brillian). I'm a bit worried about his low defensive and physical stats. Any reviews? Thanks! :)
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13082 posts Has That Special Something

agreed
  • Claicon
    Claicon wrote: »
    Hey guys,

what do you think about putting Kroos as a CCM in this formation? Never played with him this year (only last year with his TOTY and he was brillian). I'm a bit worried about his low defensive and physical stats. Any reviews? Thanks! :)

Some reviews?
  • Claicon
    Hey guys,

Some reviews?

• Kove
    4023 posts National Call-Up
    I have not used Kroos there but I think he would be ok for a couple of reasons (the caveat being that his card isn't a 'beast' card - I do hate that term)
    - He is not short or weak (average on both counts) which means that he is going to be able to compete for a header when the opposition keeper bangs one down the middle. He is not going to lose out every time like you would if put a small cam type player there
    - As long as you have faster players around him his pace won't matter to much
    - His brilliant passing should be good for controlling tempo and spraying balls for the forwards to chance.

In fact as I like him IRL, I may well get him now.
  • Claicon
    Kove wrote: »
    I have not used Kroos there but I think he would be ok for a couple of reasons (the caveat being that his card isn't a 'beast' card - I do hate that term)
    - He is not short or weak (average on both counts) which means that he is going to be able to compete for a header when the opposition keeper bangs one down the middle. He is not going to lose out every time like you would if put a small cam type player there
    - As long as you have faster players around him his pace won't matter to much
    - His brilliant passing should be good for controlling tempo and spraying balls for the forwards to chance.

In fact as I like him IRL, I may well get him now.

Thanks m8 for these points ;)

Thought about the same points but was a bit worried cause he got 69 ( :trollface: ) Physics and only 54 jumping, so not that good but i think he'll do it till i can get that Effenberg. Would be nice if you can write your review about Kroos in 4321 when you played with him ;)
  • Seandimes
    1877 posts Play-Off Hero
    Finally decided to build this team, and it was well worth it:

5fdd007cab0f6a0c9d8cedae8d70d9de.png

The front 3 is just incredible:

Suarez 9 games 8 goals 6 assists
    Bale 9 games 9 goals 5 assists
    Neymar 9 games 11 goals 5 assists.

The midfield also works really incredible with great passing and defending.

Now only going to slowly upgrade my defense and definitely going to keep this for the forseeable future