WARNING: BIN SNIPING IS NOW PERMA-BAN WORTHY, DO NOT DO IT

Blue_GamerzXL
996 posts Professional
edited October 2015
Well according to one guy on Reddit who have just been perma banned for bin sniping consistently: https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/3qvgu7/i_have_officaly_been_banned_for_bin_snipping/

If he is telling the truth, thoughts on this?

Proof that he posted, anyone speaks German can translate?
RlwPFuz.png
Post edited by Blue_GamerzXL on

Comments

• Blue_GamerzXL
    996 posts Professional
    Also it isn't a mistake either, apparently he said it specificly said in the followed email that he has been for BIN sniping and not just farming/AB as usual reasons.
  • ruzty_fgsh
    40 posts Park Captain
    I guess EA still haven't got enough $$$ for a decent Christmas party ;-)
  • Frimpong
    414 posts Sunday League Hero
    Saw it, zero proof. Smells awful fishy
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    Frimpong wrote: »

I'd like to see proof as well. Don't undrestand why he didn't attatch anything.
  • Blue_GamerzXL
    996 posts Professional

Well he did say it was in German, let's continue wait and see if he posts the 'German' chat or not and we know. Still I don't think there is a point to lying anyway.
  • Frimpong
    414 posts Sunday League Hero

TBH you know he is lying as if EA did say that in the name of consistency a lot of people would have been banned in one foul swoop.
  • RadioShaq
    15985 posts Moderator
    I don't get the problem with stopping the servers getting over hit? Everyone hated when the market was bombarded and would crash every day.
  • Blue_GamerzXL
    996 posts Professional

TBH you know he is lying as if EA did say that in the name of consistency a lot of people would have been banned in one foul swoop.

Maybe there is a max limit seach or something, let's say 10 million searchs per account or something huge like that, people that spend hours everyday bin sniping manually would run out in a month or 2 and hence why we might be seeing these sort of things now.

Bare in mind just a theory I got no evidence to back this up.
  • Blue_GamerzXL
    996 posts Professional
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I don't get the problem with stopping the servers getting over hit? Everyone hated when the market was bombarded and would crash every day.

It is not, I got no problem with it as I don't use it. But some people might consider it to be 'unfair' as technically they are not doing anything wrong so if this is true I would like what is the general public opinon on this.
  • RadioShaq
    15985 posts Moderator
    Yeah its a bummer you can't do it but whats worse not being able to snipe or the market not working?
  • Scottish21
    2236 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think it's a good idea but a permanent ban is far too much if it was true.
  • Blue_GamerzXL
    996 posts Professional
    Scottish21 wrote: »
    I think it's a good idea but a permanent ban is far too much if it was true.

Tbh if this is true it would mean probably the end of AB or at least the dude running AB would have to constantly transfer coins or lower the click limit per minute to something so low their AB wouldn't be as effective anymore.

Still I would like an official EA source to clarify on this seemingly 'rumor' atm as he still hasn't posted evidence yet anyway.
  • Blue_GamerzXL
    996 posts Professional
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Yeah its a bummer you can't do it but whats worse not being able to snipe or the market not working?

Agree, like I said I am neutral on this as I don't consider sniping trading anyway, something relying on luck and other's mistakes can't be considered 'trading'. Also correct me if I am wrong but market have not been down for a long time now, the only time it was down was when FUT was down as well so I don't think the effect is that bad.
  • Blue_GamerzXL
    996 posts Professional
    edited October 2015
    RlwPFuz.png
    OK he decided to post an email now, any German speakers can translate this, does it really say BIN sniping specifically?

• ruzty_fgsh
    40 posts Park Captain
    it does indeed
  • Blue_GamerzXL
    996 posts Professional
    Actually holy ❤️❤️❤️❤️ he was telling the truth, if you read line 4 even if you don't speak German it clearly says 'BIN-Snipping' clearly. Looks like EA have secretly started this new ban system for real.

This is a really big news for all those traders out there who rely on this method.
  • slickus
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2015
    Surely this woulda happened to one guy?
    ↑more than one guy
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    The TOS allows them to ban you for anything that, at their sole discretion, impacts the system for other users (or similarly vague language). BIN sniping easily fits that mold.

Did he receive temp bans first? Keep doing it? Or was it straight to banhammer?
  • fighter__noir
    636 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2015
    It also says "we detected a pattern that gives unfair advantages over other players beyond the intended game mechanics". What exactly the "pattern" is, is hard to tell but it most likely refers to ABs. It's said it was a violation of the terms of use, so if that does indeed include sniping he can't complain.
  • Blue_GamerzXL
    996 posts Professional
    slickus wrote: »
    Surely this woulda happened to one guy?
    ↑more than one guy

Like I said maybe this year they implemented a new limit into searching like 10m max or some huge number that your average joe won't reach all unless you do hundred/thousand of searches everyday which the snipers are doing and even then it might take a couple of months to reach like now since fifa 16 was out.

Got a feeling this is not an exception but we might be seeing more of this very soon.
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    Surely he recieved warnings prior to this perm ban situation.
  • Blue_GamerzXL
    996 posts Professional
    heavymcd wrote: »
    The TOS allows them to ban you for anything that, at their sole discretion, impacts the system for other users (or similarly vague language). BIN sniping easily fits that mold.

Did he receive temp bans first? Keep doing it? Or was it straight to banhammer?

Said he has never been temp banned before so looks like straight to hammer. Either it is a mistake on EA's part or it is a new secret rule that they don't tell people clearly.
  • slickus
    If i had to bet money on it id say theres something german guys not telling us
  • heavymcd
    It also says "we detected a pattern that gives unfair advantages over other players beyond the intended game mechanics". What exactly the "pattern" is, is hard to tell but it most likely refers to ABs. It's said it was a violation of the terms or use, so if that does indeed include sniping he can't complain.

It's easily arguable that BIN sniping in and of itself gives unfair advantage over the intended function of the market. That's a common issue for a lot of people, thinking that just because you /can/ do something that it must be allowed.

We already knew people got temp bans for this. It is clearly not an intended practice. Particularly if he had received a temp ban before, and continued? This shouldn't be surprising at all.

Better though would be to institute a cool down on searches after whatever number they intend to allow, rather than leave it ambiguous.
  • Hurleybird10
    518 posts An Exciting Prospect
    i dont see how bin sniping is against the rules? people list players and stupid prices and then get bought.....how can that result in a ban?
  • Blue_GamerzXL
    996 posts Professional

Aren't the standard ban message coin farming or autobuying? I never seen BIN-sniping specifically said before so like I said maybe this is a new thing that is why we never seen this type of ban before.
  • Arctic_Skill
    60 posts Park Captain
    The image is removed for me.
  • heavymcd

I don't know. I'd say it's a coin toss between "sploiter underplays his own role in getting banned" and "gaming company capriciously applies new/obscure rule without really explaining it."
  • Blue_GamerzXL
    996 posts Professional
    i dont see how bin sniping is against the rules? people list players and stupid prices and then get bought.....how can that result in a ban?

I think it is to do with the search requests that consistently got sent in, believe it or not they actually affect the server in a negative manner if lot of people do it.
  • slickus
    heavymcd wrote: »
    It also says "we detected a pattern that gives unfair advantages over other players beyond the intended game mechanics". What exactly the "pattern" is, is hard to tell but it most likely refers to ABs. It's said it was a violation of the terms or use, so if that does indeed include sniping he can't complain.

It's easily arguable that BIN sniping in and of itself gives unfair advantage over the intended function of the market. That's a common issue for a lot of people, thinking that just because you /can/ do something that it must be allowed.

We already knew people got temp bans for this. It is clearly not an intended practice. Particularly if he had received a temp ban before, and continued? This shouldn't be surprising at all.

Better though would be to institute a cool down on searches after whatever number they intend to allow, rather than leave it ambiguous.

I think your giving them too much credit
    I think they cant distinguish between auto buyers n rapid sniping
    Just what i think :)
This discussion has been closed.