Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

It Is Time I Come Forward.

realhokies
516 posts An Exciting Prospect
As someone who has been in D1 for several seasons now. I often will boot up the game to only lose multiple games in a row by 1 goal whilst out shooting my opponents SOG 13 to 2.

I will throw a fit. Throw my controller. Punch my pillows to submission. Elbow smash my desk.

Why do I behave as if I am 5 when I am actually 25?

I am on a mission to mature and the treat the game as what it is...a game. Join me fellow FIFA lovers.

Comments

• Dodds
    8736 posts League Winner
    When you realise anything you break costs money to fix you'll soon stop.
  • xciljw
    5027 posts Big Money Move
    Nobody to join you yet. But you will never walk alone, I will join you. B)
  • realhokies
    Dodds wrote: »
    When you realise anything you break costs money to fix you'll soon stop.

Been doing this since PS2. Somehow hasn't stopped me. :( but I think it is time.
  • realhokies
    xciljw wrote: »
    Nobody to join you yet. But you will never walk alone, I will join you. B)

My good friend X. The day of reckoning is upon us. Amazing as I know a majority of FIFA forumers are in this boat.
  • Diggy
    14158 posts Has That Special Something
    Buy an elite controller you will never throw it because of the price
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    The first step is acceptance
  • DoD_Jester
    27057 posts Player of the Year
    I used to do the same thing, back on PS3, on fifa 13/14 i went through 3 pads and broke a gaming monitor(and a finger), actually got to the point that my MRS threatened to leave me as according to her it made me aggressive.

Anyways, surfice to say I no longer do that, if I feel the rage creeping up i'll turn my xbox off and spend some time with the kids(some things are more important than gaming)

All I can suggest is to STOP playing when you have those moments mate

I'm 28 btw
  • realhokies
    I used to do the same thing, back on PS3, on fifa 13/14 i went through 3 pads and broke a gaming monitor(and a finger), actually got to the point that my MRS threatened to leave me as according to her it made me aggressive.

Anyways, surfice to say I no longer do that, if I feel the rage creeping up i'll turn my xbox off and spend some time with the kids(some things are more important than gaming)

I'm 28 btw

Fortunately now these moments happen every other game in D1. The way the game is made this year luck plays an entirely larger role than previously. Is ashame. Think it's time I stop worrying about my stupid record or losing. Thanks for the advice :)
  • TORZADO
    5159 posts Big Money Move
    Diggy wrote: »

• Olleman
    13404 posts Has That Special Something
    Haha, I'm exactly the same way, and I'm a very calm guy outside of fifa :D
  • DoD_Jester
    27057 posts Player of the Year
    realhokies wrote: »

I'm 28 btw

Fortunately now these moments happen every other game in D1. The way the game is made this year luck plays an entirely larger role than previously. Is ashame. Think it's time I stop worrying about my stupid record or losing. Thanks for the advice :)

my pleasure mate. Hope you find your coping mechanism
    Diggy wrote: »

for the price, it needs to do certain things my wife does, needs to do alot of things at £110
  • Kakarot1996
    1435 posts Play-Off Hero
    Only way to get past it is to play like a robot; emotionless. When you score, don't celebrate and when you concede don't rage. Play in as much silence as possible. This way, every time you mess up a pass, shot or tackle etc. you just let out a brief sigh and continue playing. Otherwise every time you miss a pass or tackle you'll shout or curse at the game and will start lunging in at every opportunity because you're so annoyed.

I find I play the best like this since I become really calm and just carry on playing no matter how much BS occurs - although tbf I've never broken anything or reached an obscene level of rage mode so I'm not sure how easy it would be for you to change :D

The only time you should ever rage is after the game has ended, and you should be fine by the time you begin another game - otherwise you're setting yourself up for a losing streak.
  • realhokies
    Olleman wrote: »

Haha I am always smiling outside of FIFA. It is very weird. Need to let go of the care I guess.
  • realhokies
    Only way to get past it is to play like a robot; emotionless. When you score, don't celebrate and when you concede don't rage. Play in as much silence as possible. This way, every time you mess up a pass, shot or tackle etc. you just let out a brief sigh and continue playing. Otherwise every time you miss a pass or tackle you'll shout or curse at the game and will start lunging in at every opportunity because you're so annoyed.

I find I play the best like this since I become really calm and just carry on playing no matter how much BS occurs - although tbf I've never broken anything or reached an obscene level of rage mode so I'm not sure how easy it would be for you to change :D

The only time you should ever rage is after the game has ended, and you should be fine by the time you begin another game - otherwise you're setting yourself up for a losing streak.

Very good words of advice. Will certainly try this.
  • D i n k xD
    3282 posts National Call-Up
    Broke about 10 Xbox 360 controllers/headsets, broke 0 Xbox one Controllers/headsets.

The huge price difference has caused me to take out my frustration on pillows instead of stuff that costs money. I feel there is no way to stop getting frustrated with a game designed by EA :joy:
  • Kakarot1996
    1435 posts Play-Off Hero

I hope it works out for you. Of course at the first opportunity when you experience the typical Fifa BS, you'll eventually want to let it all out - but trust me, nothing is more satisfying winning by playing at your best and knowing you're playing at your best ;) you'll become a much better Fifa player since your emotions won't effect your in-game skill level.
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    Kakarot = Zenmaster
  • Blackpoolmonster
    4102 posts National Call-Up
    This is the first year of FIFA I haven't done one of the following;

Bite me wrist
    Smash my controller
    Snap at other people in the room
    Hit my Xbox
    Snap my cd

And do you know why? It's because I've not bought any FIFA points.

I'm being serious as well, when I lose to a crap team, hit the post 40 times and don't score or lose to a 90th minute own goal it no longer bothers me because, because beyond the cost of the game, I've spent nothing else on it.

In past years I have. Imagine spending £500 on this game, having legends and top players then getting beat 2-1 by a 90th minute Carl Jenkinson header.
    Imagine being unable to beat silver teams after spending £700 on points.

Don't buy points and it won't bother you in the slightest.
  • Kakarot1996
    1435 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kakarot = Zenmaster

Lmao :D
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up
    Fifa doesn't anger me, it just confuses me to be honest!
  • QceCapo
    5625 posts Big Money Move
    I get nothing but heartbreak with this game......it's like Junior High all over again.
  • Milky
    4684 posts National Call-Up
    lol ur bad kid
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    I shout and swear alot at fifa - but ive never broken anything
  • realhokies
    Inky Milk wrote: »
    lol ur bad kid

Are you lost? This isn't the PS Community Centre.
  • realhokies

I hope it works out for you. Of course at the first opportunity when you experience the typical Fifa BS, you'll eventually want to let it all out - but trust me, nothing is more satisfying winning by playing at your best and knowing you're playing at your best ;) you'll become a much better Fifa player since your emotions won't effect your in-game skill level.

I really am going to try this. Kakarot the God.
  • realhokies
    Uberman656 wrote: »
    I shout and swear alot at fifa - but ive never broken anything

V. impressive to me.
  • Milky
    4684 posts National Call-Up
    lol ur bad kid

dat hurt me gut son
  • realhokies
    lol ur bad kid

dat hurt me gut son

I apologize. :hug:
  • Olleman wrote: »

• cartyHUNTER
    1421 posts Professional
    When I was younger living at my parents I would chuck remotes out the window, punch stuff and act like a general idiot.

Now I shout occasionally and that's as bad as it gets. It's pretty embarrassing when my missus has her friends over and she tells them I start shouting at a game like a child, so I'm much more calm than I used to be.