Ibra to Club America?

EDDlE
1728 posts Play-Off Hero
rNKvxk5.jpg

Comments

• DoD_Jester
    27288 posts Player of the Year
    definatly a photoshop picture for 1, but it looks as though hes heading to the states for next season, its just a matter of who, and whos going to get the opportunity to loan him until the MLS season starts
  • Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something
    Fi6L8fo.png
  • DoD_Jester
    Fi6L8fo.png

winder how much theyll downgrade him hen he goes stateside? 83-84? Be a travesty if they did
  • Delvinho
    2139 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fi6L8fo.png

Ibra + David Villa up front :open_mouth::love:
  • Jfo88
    22950 posts Club Captain
    Fi6L8fo.png

winder how much theyll downgrade him hen he goes stateside? 83-84? Be a travesty if they did
    Tevez didn't get downgraded for going to a lesser league
  • Frankenberry
    Fi6L8fo.png

Depends how strong he finishes his season at PSG. Also, recent history suggests that they'll continue rating MLS players highly:

Big-name European transfers to MLS during FUT15 (with FUT15 OVR to FUT16 OVR):
    • Steven Gerrard (82 to 84 OVR)
    • Andrea Pirlo (84 to 84 OVR)
    • Sebastian Giovinco (76 to 81 OVR)
    • Kaka (81 to 81 OVR)
    • Didier Drogba (81 to 81 OVR)
    • David Villa (80 to 80 OVR)
    • Iraola (80 to 80 OVR)
    • Gio dos Santos (81 to 79 OVR)
    • Frank Lampard (80 to 79 OVR)
    • Laurent Ciman (73 to 76 OVR)

I doubt Ibra gets a massive downgrade if/when he transfers to MLS.
  • DoD_Jester
    edited October 2015
    Fi6L8fo.png

Depends how strong he finishes his season at PSG. Also, recent history suggests that they'll continue rating MLS players highly:

• Kaka (81 to 81 OVR)
    • Iraola (80 to 80 OVR)

Actually I see your point, and hope your right, just cant see him attaining a 89ovr in the MLS at 34(less than 6 months from 35 when next season starts), having as still one of the 5 highest rated players in the world playing in the states seems a little silly imo.

OH and imo, the argentine primera league is of a higher standard to the MLS(in response to the Tevez post)
  • Honour and a pen15
    2563 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2015
    I dont understand the league standard being an arguement for player rating. If messi transferred to the MLS right now in his current form (well prior to injury) would he not still be arguably the best player in the world? Playing in a lesser league doesnt necessarily mean youre ability as a player has diminished, just the oppositions. However, most big name players move to the mls for "retirement" and when that is the case then if/when they are downgraded it is justified as they are usually in the twilight of their career. David villa wasnt doing much before the mls. Kaka not doing much before mls. Ibra is still performing better than anyone or at least top 3 in ligue 1.
  • DoD_Jester
    I dont understand the league standard being an arguement for player rating. If messi transferred to the MLS right now in his current form (well prior to injury) would he not still be arguably the best player in the world? Playing in a lesser league doesnt necessarily mean youre ability as a player has diminished, just the oppositions. However, most big name players move to the mls for "retirement" and when that is the case then if/when they are downgraded it is justified as they are usually in the twilight of their career. David villa wasnt doing much before the mls. Kaka not doing much before mls. Ibra is still performing better than anyone or at least top 3 in ligue 1.

wouldnt call it an arguement really, just dont see EA rating him that high if playing in the US, if you see my previous comment I want him to stay high rated, one of my favorite players to watch irl and my favorite in the game, whoever gets him will have a very very good player to watch for a couple years, although i DO believe it to be a total waste of the end of his career when he can still offer so much in European football, not to take anything away from the MLS but he could still walk into a Juve for example and make the team better and challenge for major European honours, but obviously thats not what he wants, he does have a £7.5m church to pay for after all. :D
  • LuckyStrikE
    3484 posts National Call-Up
    Fi6L8fo.png

• Kaka (81 to 81 OVR)
    • Iraola (80 to 80 OVR)

Actually I see your point, and hope your right, just cant see him attaining a 89ovr in the MLS at 34(less than 6 months from 35 when next season starts), having as still one of the 5 highest rated players in the world playing in the states seems a little silly imo.

OH and imo, the argentine primera league is of a higher standard to the MLS(in response to the Tevez post)
    We posted higher average attendance this year than all South American leagues and attendance keeps growing every year. The Seattle sounders averaged 44k average attendance.

• LuckyStrikE
    Also had about 26 more games sell out this year, which is about a 18 percent increase just last year.
  • DoD_Jester
    edited October 2015
    Fi6L8fo.png

• Kaka (81 to 81 OVR)
    • Iraola (80 to 80 OVR)

We posted higher average attendance this year than all South American leagues and attendance keeps growing every year. The Seattle sounders averaged 44k average attendance.

Doesnt really show 'quality' though does it? The Championship has, I believe, the 5th/6th highest attendance figures of ALL the European leagues, Ahead of or just below Serie A.

For the MLS to truly consider itself a mid/top tier league, its clubs have to prove themselves on a continental stage, in the Copa Libertadores for example, which to the best of my knowledge was in the pipeline for this year but hit a few snags?
  • Frankenberry
    Fi6L8fo.png

• Kaka (81 to 81 OVR)
    • Iraola (80 to 80 OVR)

Doesnt really show 'quality' though does it? The Championship has, I believe, the 5th/6th highest attendance figures of ALL the European leagues, Ahead of or just below Serie A.

How would you objectively rate the quality of the Argentine League then?

One unique-ish thing about MLS (and most American sports leagues) is that the leagues are designed to promote parity, so the worst club is ideally not that far off from the best club. Clubs like Boca Juniors, River Plate, etc. are definitely fantastic teams, but I'm sure there are some really terrible Argentine clubs at the bottom of the table. It would be hard to collectively rate the entire Argentine league from top to bottom.
  • DoD_Jester
    edited October 2015
    Fi6L8fo.png

• Kaka (81 to 81 OVR)
    • Iraola (80 to 80 OVR)

One unique-ish thing about MLS (and most American sports leagues) is that the leagues are designed to promote parity, so the worst club is ideally not that far off from the best club. Clubs like Boca Juniors, River Plate, etc. are definitely fantastic teams, but I'm sure there are some really terrible Argentine clubs at the bottom of the table. It would be hard to collectively rate the entire Argentine league from top to bottom.

copied from my edit of previous post:

For the MLS to truly consider itself a mid/top tier league, its clubs have to prove themselves on a continental stage, in the Copa Libertadores for example, which to the best of my knowledge was in the pipeline for this year but hit a few snags?

Also, of course there are some lemons in the argentine league, but there are in every division of every league in the world.

Im sorry but promoting parity is NOT a good thing, having a league system where you cant get relegated and where having a good team one season gives you a disadvantage the next makes for a slightly 'false' competition in my eyes, there should be big teams and there should be little teams, thats one of the things that makes the worlds game great
  • Snookers4Life
    1202 posts Professional
    If he gets a pace upgrade he will probably be like 55 pace next year going by ea
  • Frankenberry
    Fi6L8fo.png

• Kaka (81 to 81 OVR)
    • Iraola (80 to 80 OVR)

Kind of going off what I posted earlier too, unfortunately the MLS is designed to not have powerhouse clubs (due to salary cap, the "DP rule", etc.) like Boca Juniors or River Plate that can compete on the world stage.

If anything, the competition from club to club is more intense in MLS because the teams are all fairly even in terms of ability. There is definitely tons of quality across MLS, and if 90% of the best players all played in the same two or three clubs (like how the Argentine league is structured), then those teams would be competitive internationally too.

It just comes down to how the players are distributed amongst the league. What if Tevez signed for the worst club in the league? What if every Argentine club was approximately the same value financially?
  • Frankenberry
    Im sorry but promoting parity is NOT a good thing, having a league system where you cant get relegated and where having a good team one season gives you a disadvantage the next makes for a slightly 'false' competition in my eyes, there should be big teams and there should be little teams, thats one of the things that makes the worlds game great

What's wrong with parity?

I don't understand why a league with 3-4 elite clubs and a dozen terrible clubs is necessarily better than a league with 20 relatively even clubs.
  • DoD_Jester
    edited October 2015
    Fi6L8fo.png

• Kaka (81 to 81 OVR)
    • Iraola (80 to 80 OVR)

Kind of going off what I posted earlier too, unfortunately the MLS is designed to not have powerhouse clubs (due to salary cap, the "DP rule", etc.) like Boca Juniors or River Plate that can compete on the world stage.

If anything, the competition from club to club is more intense in MLS because the teams are all fairly even in terms of ability. There is definitely tons of quality across MLS, and if 90% of the best players all played in the same two or three clubs (like how the Argentine league is structured), then those teams would be competitive internationally too.

It just comes down to how the players are distributed amongst the league. What if Tevez signed for the worst club in the league? What if every Argentine club was approximately the same value financially?

you know as well as I do that thats an impossible question to answer, what if Messi had signed for Arsenal instead of Barca at 15?

BUt i'm sure people have said this before, probably some American fans as well asEU followers, what if players in the MLS, or any sport for that matter didn't have NCAA rules and capping to worry about ? WHat if they had the freedom of movement that players are offered in other Leagues? It possibly not definitely as im not a psychic, would lead to better training systems, better training for younger players, the chance to TRULY prove themselves on a continental scale, that would be good for the league imo, and overall good for the USMNT also

sorry, what is the DP rule? I follow a certain amount of US sport but am not familiar with that term
  • FC Intl
    4394 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2015

I don't understand why a league with 3-4 elite clubs and a dozen terrible clubs is necessarily better than a league with 20 relatively even clubs.

Forced parity, much like socialism, doesn't allow the best/most capable rise to the top.

We will never be truly competitive as long as MLS "owns" the U.S. first division, and there's no pro/rel, and nothing to fight for.

If those "terrible" clubs never have to worry about fighting to stay up then there's no real reason to improve
  • DoD_Jester

Because its creating a false sense of competition, if a club is more financially able then they should have the right to spend within there means, if they arent, then they shouldnt, its that simple.

Look, i'm not slagging off the MLS by any means, I actually find the games in the league pretty fun to watch, especially watching Giovinco tearing it up
  • Frankenberry
    sorry, what is the DP rule? I follow a certain amount of US sport but am not familiar with that term

"Designated player" rule. It's fairly complicated and I don't understand it entirely, but it basically means that each MLS team can only have 3 (or maybe 4?) players over a specific salary, called "designated players".

It means LA Galaxy can't just sign 10 new star players next season, even if they have $10 billion sitting around.
  • DoD_Jester

"Designated player" rule. It's fairly complicated and I don't understand it entirely, but it basically means that each MLS team can only have 3 (or maybe 4?) players over a specific salary, called "designated players".

It means LA Galaxy can't just sign 10 new star players next season, even if they have $10 billion sitting around.

is that connected to the international player thing? i believe there only allowed 3 current non US capped players at any one time?
  • Frankenberry

is that connected to the international player thing? i believe there only allowed 3 current non US capped players at any one time?

It's probably what you're thinking of, but it's not affiliated with internationals vs. homegrown players (I believe).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designated_Player_Rule

You can check each team's DPs and there are plenty of American DPs, so it's not just for internationals.
  • DoD_Jester
    edited October 2015

It's probably what you're thinking of, but it's not affiliated with internationals vs. homegrown players (I believe).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designated_Player_Rule

You can check each team's DPs and there are plenty of American DPs, so it's not just for internationals.

So its essentially 'franchising' a player, but instead of using a league average its decided between th club and the player, with the club paying the remainder + compensation to the league, if im reading that right lol.

oh and holy ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

Jermanie Defoe was on $6m a year GUARENTEED
    Giovinco, $7.5m a year, GUARENTEED
  • L1vingl1fe
    4085 posts National Call-Up
    FC Intl wrote: »

Forced parity, much like socialism, doesn't allow the best/most capable rise to the top.

We will never be truly competitive as long as MLS "owns" the U.S. first division, and there's no pro/rel, and nothing to fight for.

If those "terrible" clubs never have to worry about fighting to stay up then there's no real reason to improve

This
  • LuckyStrikE
    Fi6L8fo.png

• Kaka (81 to 81 OVR)
    • Iraola (80 to 80 OVR)

Our Allstars team plays fairly good when all the top players are put together.
  • LuckyStrikE
    L1vingl1fe wrote: »
    FC Intl wrote: »

This
    They fight for playoffs here. I was at dc united vs new England and it was intense.

• LuckyStrikE
    You have to finish in the top 8 in each conference to qualify for the post season.
  • DoD_Jester
    Fi6L8fo.png

• Kaka (81 to 81 OVR)
    • Iraola (80 to 80 OVR)

Our Allstars team plays fairly good when all the top players are put together.

and who does the allstar team play against?