Clash of the Squad-Builders - Season 2

Comments

• Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Missing week one pretty much guaranteeing relegation for me then! :lol: Whoops. Well played everyone. Division 3 next year is mine! ha
  • CFCsjmishra
    8935 posts League Winner
    What do the different divisions mean ?
  • eJousie
    733 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ah my Gaaaawd! Im in :)

Can't wait for fixture two. Good job on all your work @Chow
  • Orange Prince
    5881 posts Big Money Move
    Hmm not bad :).

Congrats to the top 3!
  • CrashDavus
    2245 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm actually pretty satisfied with my result, seeing as I've never done squad building before.
  • Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    edited November 2015
    Im 4th on Alphabet
    I'll take it though :)
    Edit: probably not actually
  • Johnny Bravo
    1303 posts Professional
    Congrats to each Div winner, especially @Rumplefish

I have to admit I did like that squad when I saw it first time too.
  • Chow
    2525 posts Fans' Favourite
    Terminator wrote: »
    Im 4th on Alphabet
    The average scores are collated to one decimal place (however, I present the tables with scores rounded to the nearest integer). So, hate to burst your bubble, but it's likely that you actually just got a slightly lower score than 2nd and 3rd. :)
  • Bidwell
    8359 posts League Winner
    Chow wrote: »
    Im 4th on Alphabet
    The average scores are collated to one decimal place (however, I present the tables with scores rounded to the nearest integer). So, hate to burst your bubble, but it's likely that you actually just got a slightly lower score than 2nd and 3rd. :)

brutal.
  • CrashDavus
    @Chow is it possible for you to PM info about my squad? What was good, what was bad? I'm looking to improve.
  • WFCBagnall
    71350 posts Moderator
    I'll learn from my mistakes :D
  • Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    Chow wrote: »
    Im 4th on Alphabet
    Yeah I remember it being like that last year, hence the edit.
    Was just a coincidence it seems
  • JGomes
    5280 posts Big Money Move
    So silver players count nothing for creativity... I'll just build a boring full gold team next time.
  • Orange Prince
    5881 posts Big Money Move
    JGomes wrote: »
    So silver players count nothing for creativity... I'll just build a boring full gold team next time.

Didn't see your team, but:

"We want to see a balance between creativity/originality and effectiveness/practicality. A stacked Serie A squad may be effective, but it isn't necessarily creative. Likewise, a squad full of non-rare 50 rated bronze players from obscure nations may be the most creative squad, but is it likely to be effective in-game? Ensure you get the balance right."
  • Bidwell
    8359 posts League Winner

3 of the 4 division winners had silvers in...

it's striking a balance between having interesting players and not building a team that would just get shat on in game
  • BlitzersNL
    24471 posts Club Captain
    You just need Dirk. #1 and #2 in Div 3 both got Dirk in the squad.
  • Chow
    2525 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's been stated in the past that an average score is taken among multiple judges...playability and creativity are subjective things and thus different judges will give different scores. It should also be pointed out that the highest scoring squad included IF Gustafson.
  • Bidwell
    8359 posts League Winner
    Also @JGomes I guess you may have lost creativity points for your formation? IIRC yours was flat 433 which has pretty easy links, like half the players only need 2 links.
  • Ravz9
    25767 posts Player of the Year
    For my first team 3rd isn't bad imo, congrats to the winners !

Now onto fixture 2 :sunglasses:
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    That's a nice start. :)

@BlitzersNL you can't go wrong with Kuyt
  • CrashDavus
    This is going to be fun. Everyone loves a little bit of friendly competition.
  • WFCBagnall
    71350 posts Moderator
    Ravz9 wrote: »
    Now onto fixture 2 :sunglasses:

• JGomes
    5280 posts Big Money Move
    Bidwell wrote: »
    Also @JGomes I guess you may have lost creativity points for your formation? IIRC yours was flat 433 which has pretty easy links, like half the players only need 2 links.

Still 6L6N, NLW.
    And it's not like the silver players were bad, some are even better than golds
  • BlitzersNL
    24471 posts Club Captain

Still 6L6N, NLW.

NLW only works on Futhead though
  • Johnny Bravo
    1303 posts Professional

Still 6L6N, NLW.

Good lord, if I said I liked your team would that at least make you a little happier?
  • Bidwell
    8359 posts League Winner

Still 6L6N, NLW.

not even sure why NLW is a thing, tbh
  • BlitzersNL
    24471 posts Club Captain

Still 6L6N, NLW.

not even sure why NLW is a thing, tbh

Futhead fetish
  • Monkey
    8345 posts League Winner
    Solid mid table start
  • ghd30123
    930 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Congrats everyone on their respective positions ;)
  • Dodds
    7944 posts League Winner
    Some really decent squads - congrats to all the winners of fixture 1!