Clash of the Squad-Builders - Season 2

Comments

  • Hyper_Sniper
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 2016
    keema-v wrote: »
    Orikoru wrote: »
    :) Didn't even realise there's only 1 fixture left. I'm fighting for prmotion

    Looking at the tables, division 4 is basically the only exciting one left with something to play for on the final week.

    Rip the special bonus week and me messing up last week :/
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=C070_4ya98Y
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    keema-v wrote: »
    Orikoru wrote: »
    :) Didn't even realise there's only 1 fixture left. I'm fighting for prmotion

    Looking at the tables, division 4 is basically the only exciting one left with something to play for on the final week.

    Rip the special bonus week and me messing up last week :/

    I missed the very first week, and did awfully on the double points week, but luckily everyone below me in division 2 has missed at least three weeks so it looks like I'm going up anyway! :lol:
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    edited April 2016
    Got a feeling next fixture will be based on TOTS MC. My guess would be a BSG around 1 player from each MC squad.

    EDIT: Just realised it was one of the fixtures from last year, I knew it sounded familiar :joy:
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Could've made life much easier for you by just copying the rest of the fixtures from last year :p
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    tumbleweed.gif
  • keema-v
    2201 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 2016
    To pass the time what would people build with a 2 million budget that involves tots dembele. But was vaguely interesting and contained potential blue cards.

    Ideally in a 4411 but if it's good I don't mind :D also individual player chemical doesn't have to be 10 so long as the whole team can make it to 100
    Post edited by keema-v on
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    keema-v wrote: »
    To pass the time what would people build with a 2 million budget that involves tots dembele. But was vaguely interesting and contained potential blue cards.

    Ideally in a 4411 but if it's good I don't mind :D

    Link with TOTS Nainggolan in the middle (or IF if he doesn't get one)? KDB at CAM, Agüero up top. Wait, this already isn't that interesting is it? Ha. Never mind.
  • keema-v
    2201 posts Fans' Favourite
    Orikoru wrote: »
    keema-v wrote: »
    To pass the time what would people build with a 2 million budget that involves tots dembele. But was vaguely interesting and contained potential blue cards.

    Ideally in a 4411 but if it's good I don't mind :D

    Link with TOTS Nainggolan in the middle (or IF if he doesn't get one)? KDB at CAM, Agüero up top. Wait, this already isn't that interesting is it? Ha. Never mind.

    Yeah you get lulled into 1/2 leagues.
  • Orange Prince
    5881 posts Big Money Move
    577c43721fd75d9446ca48fbd8ba49e9.png

    Pepe looks so out of place
  • keema-v
    2201 posts Fans' Favourite
    577c43721fd75d9446ca48fbd8ba49e9.png

    Pepe looks so out of place

    I have Ruiz in another side at m but looks very nice.
  • keema-v
    2201 posts Fans' Favourite
    My current plan is this

    Tots Lewa
    Tif Aguero
    Tots Costa Tots Busquets Tots Dembele Tots Mkhitarian
    Sif Luis Tots pique(hopefully) Tots Dembele Tots Schmelzer
    De Gea


    Would provide a pic but on phone
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    keema-v wrote: »
    Orikoru wrote: »
    keema-v wrote: »
    To pass the time what would people build with a 2 million budget that involves tots dembele. But was vaguely interesting and contained potential blue cards.

    Ideally in a 4411 but if it's good I don't mind :D

    Link with TOTS Nainggolan in the middle (or IF if he doesn't get one)? KDB at CAM, Agüero up top. Wait, this already isn't that interesting is it? Ha. Never mind.

    Yeah you get lulled into 1/2 leagues.

    Thought I owed you a proper attempt: http://www.futbin.com/16/squad/522434

    TOTS Alderweireld obviously, Smalling is probs getting a TOTS along with De Gea but you could use a different, cheaper Prem CB+GK. Ribery and Alaba were just thrown in as the obvious choice, I don't know if there's a likely French TOTS left winger though.

    Alternatively, you could shift Toby to LCB, use Lloris in goal, then chuck (TOTS) Manolas and TOTS Florenzi in the other two spots. Like this: http://www.futbin.com/16/squad/522449 Unlikely that you'd afford everyone's TOTS though I guess, I dunno. Just pick the best ones.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    :(
  • Orange Prince
    5881 posts Big Money Move

    Fixture 1: The Avengers | BFYzZOe.png Winner: |

    Every team needs a Captain gXmrNLW.png - as such, the theme for Fixture 1 is all about heroes. Your job is to create a squad based around one of the current hero cards, while making sure that you meet the criteria below.

    Criteria: Deadline for Fixture 1 is Saturday, 31st October 18:30 GMT / Click for other time zones.
    Squads submitted after this time or that fail to meet the criteria will be disqualified from the fixture.

    :trollface:
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    October 31st :joy:

    How time flies
  • BlitzersNL
    24355 posts Club Captain
    Don't think I can finish it in 5 months and 12 days.
  • Ravz9
    25767 posts Player of the Year
    Well this went well
  • Chow
    2525 posts Fans' Favourite
    Currently on the train home from uni for the weekend having just finished a week of three exams. I had an idea of what I wanted to do for F10, but in the end I decided to wait until more TOTS' had been released to give me more options, and since I still have exams to come, I figured it best to lay low for a bit. In fact I've barely been on the forums for the past few weeks. Rest assured I have not forgotten about this.

    Last year I was actually offered a more 'forum tournament' style role beyond being a writer, something that I know @LT would have been perfect for (maybe there's something about running CotS that burns people out). I declined knowing that I'd be more busy, and so it has proved.

    In terms of Season 3, I thinks pretty clear that I cannot run it efficiently. If people want to put their name forward, I'd be willing to fill them in on how we've run it in the past, or maybe you want to make some changes. The writer team is so small now (compared to when I joined a year ago) that I imagine a new judging panel is needed anyway.

    That's where things stand for now, I'll speak to the necessary people this weekend about getting together a prize pool.
  • Hyper_Sniper
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    giphy.gif
  • Hyper_Sniper
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    Any other participants feel like the guinea pigs for the new Squad Builder Challenges ?
  • BlitzersNL
    24355 posts Club Captain
    What is this
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Any other participants feel like the guinea pigs for the new Squad Builder Challenges ?

    Not really. this new mode sounds awfully simplistic and probably just meant to make people buy more packs. I mean, the challenge in the video is to build an MLS team. Even @chow could thought of a better challenge :trollface:
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something

    Seems like a good idea, although I don't know why they take the players off you after the build the squad. That makes it sound confusing.
  • jordansky1111
    6945 posts Big Money Move
    Orikoru wrote: »

    Seems like a good idea, although I don't know why they take the players off you after the build the squad. That makes it sound confusing.

    Without it the market prices would be even higher than what theyre expected to be with futchampions because no one would sell their players in anticipation of a new squad challenge.
  • Hyper_Sniper
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2016
    Chow wrote: »
    Currently on the train home
    @Chow

    chow_zpsenlhkux1.png
  • Ravz9
    25767 posts Player of the Year
    Chow wrote: »
    Currently on the train home
    @Chow

    chow_zpsenlhkux1.png

    :joy:
  • BlitzersNL
    24355 posts Club Captain
    Ravz9 wrote: »
    Chow wrote: »
    Currently on the train home
    @Chow

    chow_zpsenlhkux1.png

    :joy:

  • Hyper_Sniper
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    tshirt_zpsfcnrl3fk.png
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    At least this year we get packs for it
Sign In or Register to comment.