The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Clash of the Squad-Builders - Season 2

Comments

• eJousie
    733 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Bidwell wrote: »

Anyway, I'm not making this into a proper complaint, I was just backing up @eJousie and I thought our requests were quite polite. Backlash from Bidwell not really warranted at all.

It's not just the posts today though. There's moaning about scores not being good enough in previous weeks. There's moaning that the fixtures arent coming out quick enough. There's moaning that the marking isnt done quick enough. There's moaning that the submission windows arent long enough.
    All this thread seems to be is people having a go about how this or that isnt up to their standard.

Ok, fair enough. Of course I agree that people shouldn't be moaning about everything, Chow's done amazingly to take this over from LT and keep it running for us. It's just that you posted straight after me and eJousie so it looked like you were shutting us down when we'd both been quite polite about it, that's all.

Looked like it was meant for me tbh. Bit rude comment but I think he misunderstood the reason of my comment. It's all good.
  • Bidwell
    8359 posts League Winner
    eJousie wrote: »
    Bidwell wrote: »

Anyway, I'm not making this into a proper complaint, I was just backing up @eJousie and I thought our requests were quite polite. Backlash from Bidwell not really warranted at all.

It's not just the posts today though. There's moaning about scores not being good enough in previous weeks. There's moaning that the fixtures arent coming out quick enough. There's moaning that the marking isnt done quick enough. There's moaning that the submission windows arent long enough.
    All this thread seems to be is people having a go about how this or that isnt up to their standard.

Ok, fair enough. Of course I agree that people shouldn't be moaning about everything, Chow's done amazingly to take this over from LT and keep it running for us. It's just that you posted straight after me and eJousie so it looked like you were shutting us down when we'd both been quite polite about it, that's all.

Looked like it was meant for me tbh. Bit rude comment but I think he misunderstood the reason of my comment. It's all good.

it wasnt aimed at either of you individually but more in general at the culture of moaning at Chow that seems to have taken over this thread
  • JSchuch
    476 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Damnit, forgot to check in for this weekend :s
  • oneilmatt
    954 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Jesus Im horrible. Cant seem to keep my mind focused on this for some reason and I forgot to send it in.. apologies.
  • Chow
    2525 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fixture 4 Results

Merry Christmas to you all! Quite a few interesting squads this week, though I will say forcing people to use a bronze 'ex-Mourinho' player restricted the diversity somewhat. Not much else to say really, here's the results for Fixture 4, you can view Fixture 5 courtesy of @Sokker14 in the next post.

BFYzZOe.png Congratulations to @CoolNickHD - his 'ex-Mourinho' squad was the highest scoring submission of Fixture 4.

- BFYzZOe.png@CoolNickHD 4231(2) 'ex-Mourinho' Squad BFYzZOe.png -
    BEH22Xj.png

Below you can find the other BFYzZOe.png division winners for this fixture - @LS (Division 1), @Orange Prince (Division 2) and @Rumplefish (Division 3).
    - @LS -
    wkI8XYu.png

- @Orange Prince -
    fFmNrun.png

- @Rumplefish -
    ATtRJ00.png

Season 2 Table

RVXZbr6.png
    zhwKz6I.png
    tJClJv4.png
    AxHpsCp.png

(total score obtained through average of Judge's scores for the fixture, and rounded to the nearest integer
    - in the event where two or more players share the same score, the total score to one decimal place is considered)

:warning:Note: Those that failed to submit a squad in time have automatically received a score of 0.
    Please be aware - failure to submit a squad on multiple occasions will result in your removal from the game.

Squads that failed to meet the entire criteria have received a score deduction. This applies to squads submitted by @Chance and @Dodds. In future fixtures, please double-check before submitting, and ensure your squad is applicable to the confines of the criteria provided.

Participants:
    Participants | Platform | Timezone
    1. @Xeque | PS4 | GMT+4
    2. @ukler8 | PS4 | GMT+5:30
    3. @LS | PS4 | GMT+2
    4. @CFCsjmishra | PC | GMT+5:30
    5. @Bidwell | PS4 | GMT+1
    6. @Rumplefish | PS4 | GMT+3
    7. @BlitzersNL | PS4 | GMT+1
    8. @Dodds | XB1 | GMT+1
    9. @vibemix881 | XB1 | GMT+2
    10. @WFCBagnall | XB1 | GMT+1
    11. @Orikoru | PS4 | GMT+1
    12. @Monkey | 360 | GMT +1
    13. @Johnny Bravo | PS3 | GMT+1
    14. @jordansky1111 | PS4 | GMT+1
    15. @Benteke786 | PS4 | GMT+1
    16. @ghd30123 (DeeJay-00) | PS3 | GMT+5:30
    17. @keema-v | PS4 | GMT+1
    18. @JGomes | PS4 | GMT+1
    19. @CrashDavus | PC | GMT-4
    20. @Ace | PS4 | GMT+2
    21. @Wiwee | PC | GMT+2
    22. @oneilmatt | XB1 | GMT+2
    23. @SremmLife | 360 | GMT+1
    24. @CoolNickHD | XB1 | GMT-4
    25. @Färjestad | XB1 | GMT+1
    26. @Premier-Sky | PC | GMT+1
    27. @Ravz9 | PS4 | GMT+1
    28. @disaaaa | PC | GMT+5:30
    29. @JSchuch | XB1 | GMT-4
    30. @Manda1997 | PS4 | GMT+11
    31. @Flooby | PC | GMT+1
    32. @Timoner12 | PS4 | GMT-4
    33. @Orange Prince | PS3 | GMT+2
    34. @JJ | XB1 | GMT+1
    35. @Chance | XB1 | GMT-6
    36. @FootyMad | XB1 | GMT+1
    37. @Hyper_Sniper | PS4 | GMT+1
    38. @eJousie | XB1 | GMT+2
    39. @Chris | PC | GMT+9
    40. @TheGabc | PS4 | GMT+1
  • Sokker14
    4247 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2016
    Fixture 5: Christmas Conundrum

:warning: Given the nature of this fixture, you will be required to PM me your squad and any additional information (rather than posting it in the thread). Please make sure this is in the format provided below.

Since it is the UA0LRpL.png holidays, @Chow and I decided to create a slightly different challenge. With it being a special fixture, there will be bonus points on offer, as well as an extended deadline. The concept is based around an idea from the old forum, with a few tweaks. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Criteria:
    • Create an effective and creative squad built using a maximum of 20 'moves', starting with the team below.
    • You cannot use legend cards.
    • No budget.
    • The higher the team chemistry, the more points you will be awarded. However, make sure your squad is a balance between playability, creativity and chemistry.
    Format:
    Picture of your team.
    Link to your team:
    Moves:
    1:
    2:
    3:
    4:
    5:
    6:
    7:
    8:
    9:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:
    16:
    17:
    18:
    19:
    20:

Rules:

zJcmHb0.jpg

Copy Squad - Click 'Copy Squad' to bring up the base squad.
    • You have a maximum of 20 moves.
    • Changing a player's position costs 1 move (e.g RW>RF).
    • Moving a player costs 1 move (e.g swapping the player at RM with the one at CM).
    • Substituting a player from the bench costs 1 move.
    • Transferring a player costs 3 moves per player (e.g removing the GK and putting in any other player).
    • You cannot change the squad's formation (you must use the Christmas tree formation, 4-3-2-1).
    Deadline for Fixture 5 is Friday, 1st January 00:01 GMT / Click for other time zones.
    Squads submitted after this time or that fail to meet the criteria will be disqualified from the fixture.

Best of luck and we wish you all the best for Christmas and the New Year!

Participants:
    Participants | Platform | Timezone
    1. @Xeque | PS4 | GMT+4
    2. @ukler8 | PS4 | GMT+5:30
    3. @LS | PS4 | GMT+2
    4. @CFCsjmishra | PC | GMT+5:30
    5. @Bidwell | PS4 | GMT+1
    6. @Rumplefish | PS4 | GMT+3
    7. @BlitzersNL | PS4 | GMT+1
    8. @Dodds | XB1 | GMT+1
    9. @vibemix881 | XB1 | GMT+2
    10. @WFCBagnall | XB1 | GMT+1
    11. @Orikoru | PS4 | GMT+1
    12. @Monkey | 360 | GMT +1
    13. @Johnny Bravo | PS3 | GMT+1
    14. @jordansky1111 | PS4 | GMT+1
    15. @Benteke786 | PS4 | GMT+1
    16. @ghd30123 (DeeJay-00) | PS3 | GMT+5:30
    17. @keema-v | PS4 | GMT+1
    18. @JGomes | PS4 | GMT+1
    19. @CrashDavus | PC | GMT-4
    20. @Ace | PS4 | GMT+2
    21. @Wiwee | PC | GMT+2
    22. @oneilmatt | XB1 | GMT+2
    23. @SremmLife | 360 | GMT+1
    24. @CoolNickHD | XB1 | GMT-4
    25. @Färjestad | XB1 | GMT+1
    26. @Premier-Sky | PC | GMT+1
    27. @Ravz9 | PS4 | GMT+1
    28. @disaaaa | PC | GMT+5:30
    29. @JSchuch | XB1 | GMT-4
    30. @Manda1997 | PS4 | GMT+11
    31. @Flooby | PC | GMT+1
    32. @Timoner12 | PS4 | GMT-4
    33. @Orange Prince | PS3 | GMT+2
    34. @JJ | XB1 | GMT+1
    35. @Chance | XB1 | GMT-6
    36. @FootyMad | XB1 | GMT+1
    37. @Hyper_Sniper | PS4 | GMT+1
    38. @eJousie | XB1 | GMT+2
    39. @Chris | PC | GMT+9
    40. @TheGabc | PS4 | GMT+1
    Post edited by Chow on
  • Chris
    5401 posts Big Money Move
    This is confusing af
  • Chow
    I'd recommend everyone carefully read through the criteria - I can provide an example later if needed. :#
  • Chris
    Chow wrote: »
    I'd recommend everyone carefully read through the criteria - I can provide an example later if needed. :#

I've had too much sherry to fully understand this haha, but I'm sure it'll come eventually
  • TheGabc
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    If I for example was to substitute Podolski with for example Robben that would cost 3 points right? Does Robben come in as a rf then? Or do I have to use 2 points extra to move him from his original position rm to rf?
  • Sokker14
    TheGabc wrote: »
    If I for example was to substitute Podolski with for example Robben that would cost 3 points right?
    Right
    TheGabc wrote: »
    Does Robben come in as a rf then? Or do I have to use 2 points extra to move him from his original position rm to rf?
    Arjen Robben comes in as a RM. You could use 2 points extra to move him from his original position RM to RF.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    If I want to transfer in an LW to play LF, that's 3 moves for transfer and 1 move for position change?
  • Sokker14
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    If I want to transfer in an LW to play LF, that's 3 moves for transfer and 1 move for position change?
    In case you decide to change his position to a LF, yes.
  • Sokker14
    If you put a new player in your team or switch player's around, WeFUT will automatic change the player's card position to the best possible. Note, this costs a move.

For example:

You put Dahoud at RCM ahead of Murphy. WeFUT makes Dahoud a CM, but we still consider him as CDM unless you decide to use a move to change his position (to CM).
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Thanks

Looks like every nice and difficult fixture, good luck and merry xmas for everyone :)
  • Ace
    4489 posts National Call-Up
    I like the challenge but who decided to put the weirdest bunch of players together, I mean at least make it 11 different nations and leagues but in the right positition.
  • ukler8
    4750 posts National Call-Up
    Looks great but it looks like the end of my NLW streak D:
  • Orange Prince
    5881 posts Big Money Move
    Moving a bench player into the starting eleven costs 1 point, right?
  • ukler8

Yes.
    Sokker14 wrote: »
    [*] Substituting a player from the bench costs 1 move.
  • Chris
    Who are the bench players?
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Chris wrote: »
    Who are the bench players?
    Press the link
  • CoolNickHD
    771 posts An Exciting Prospect
    OMG I WON! Good job to everyone, saw some pretty cool squads.

This new fixture got me like :s
  • Orange Prince
    ukler8 wrote: »

Yes.

Thanks, maybe I should try to read better :p.

@Sokker14 @Chow
    Can we use managers and loyalty bonus?
  • Sokker14
    ukler8 wrote: »

Yes.

Thanks, maybe I should try to read better :p.

@Sokker14 @Chow
    Can we use managers and loyalty bonus?
    No
  • Ravz9
    25767 posts Player of the Year
    @Chow @Sokker14 I should be on 54 points, not 53
    Also this new fixture looks interesting to say the least :lol:
  • Orange Prince
    I'm done, I'll PM it in a bit.
    Would've been perfect if I could use 2 more points :o.
  • Chow
    Ravz9 wrote: »
    @Chow @Sokker14 I should be on 54 points, not 53.
    @Ravz9 Obviously when I sum the scores, I use scores to one decimal place. However, when I show the tables graphically, the overall figure is rounded to to the nearest whole number and the weekly scores don't show to one decimal place. For example, your scores add to 53.3 (while the weekly numbers shown add to 54), which is why your overall score is 53.
  • ukler8

Please do
  • Ravz9
    25767 posts Player of the Year
    Ravz9 wrote: »
    @Chow @Sokker14 I should be on 54 points, not 53.
    @Ravz9 Obviously when I sum the scores, I use scores to one decimal place. However, when I show the tables graphically, the overall figure is rounded to to the nearest whole number and the weekly scores don't show to one decimal place. For example, your scores add to 53.3 (while the weekly numbers shown add to 54), which is why your overall score is 53.

Ah ok makes sense
  • Chance
    1769 posts Play-Off Hero
    Oh boy this one is interesting... I'll make sure to actually meet the criteria this time :#

Going to have to wait until at least tomorrow to get a start on it, though.

Merry Christmas to you all!