Pires

therandomjack
1266 posts Professional
Bought him at 285 a couple of days ago to sell thought 40 or 50k profit on weekend. Used him last night not expecting much as found him lousy in 15 and 14. Shock horror he is immense - defies his pace rating, seems to glide in front of chasing defenders, seems to naturally shield ball on the run, when runs into trouble comes away with ball more often than most, crossing is weird and a bit wicked! Good shot also. Down side no stamina - got him back up at 400k if sells happy to take 95k profit as no doubt will find another cheapish - Used IF CR , NIF CR, Messi and Neymar but seriously feels like a Rolls Royce compared with a Jaguar. Rare I rave about players but making an exception. If you see him cheap buy!!!!!

Comments

• Pieman
    470 posts Sunday League Hero
    Wow - not my experience with him but each to their own I guess. Used him for about 30 matches, thought he was pretty meh. Found him quite sluggish, though certainly could hit a shot if he could find space and his passing was as good as you would expect.

Sold him at the weekend and replaced him with Futre, who's about 2/3 the price and ten times better. Honestly he's amazing - dribbles like messi, and finishes like him too. Scored 4 in his second match, which is amazing for me as my games tend to be fairly low scoring (hero Lewandowski only averages about 2 goals every 3 games in the same team for me).
  • therandomjack
    1266 posts Professional
    Tempted to get a Futre and give him a try I used him quite a lot last year and in fairness was value. Pires really surprised me, played a game since and as predicted got him injured so off the market for now, but you are right each to their own - been using Costa up front with him in a 433 - loads were raving about him but I can't hit a barn door with him!
  • Pieman
    470 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not used Costa this year but hated him last year - felt really clunky, so am put off I suppose.