How to play against slide-tackle abusers

cem1998
58 posts Park Captain
Hey guys,
I was just wondering, do you have any method when you play against opponents who just constantly slide tackle?
Cheers

Comments

• Danledge95
    4593 posts Big Money Move
    L2 and face away from them.. they get booked/ sentoff = happy days :D
  • Asad97
    2230 posts Fans' Favourite
    ball roll and they easily get beaten
  • miri
    2768 posts Fans' Favourite
    The above plus varying your dribbling - let go of sprint at weird times, use the R1 ball drag back, even sprint + right stick flicks in to space. Once you're confident with the various ways of playing against slide spam, it's super easy.
  • Kakarot1996
    1435 posts Play-Off Hero
    Don't sprint as much, makes it much easier to avoid incoming slide tackles than to just hold RT.

Also, if you feel like they're about to slide you, quickly pass to anyone behind you and chances are they'll foul you when you didn't have the ball at your feet - so they'll get booked.
  • cem1998
    58 posts Park Captain
    Thanks a lot for the replies! Will definitely try these tips next time I come up against one of these players. It's just so frustrating because they cut off all the attacks, and when it's a foul the ref usually doesn't give red (if it's not from the back). What annoys me most is when my players get the ball ahead of the defender, but them have to jump over the slide tackle, and they lose time.
  • The longest yard
    5721 posts Big Money Move
    Flick the ball over the tackle mate, or just **** them off by doing quick passing, guarantee they get one or two players sent off fuming
  • DunB
    828 posts Semi-Pro
    Danledge95 wrote: »
    L2 and face away from them.. they get booked/ sentoff = happy days :D
    this!
  • **** game cnts me off
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Do a fake shot to stop. 100% effective in my opinion