So tired of garbage players being able to win

FC Intl
4394 posts National Call-Up
High pressure, 59% passing and the 37% possession is apparently enough to win. Play beautiful, right Pelé?

F this game

Comments

• Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    The "play beautiful" slogan was probably the wrong way to go. Should've stuck with just "play".

It's annoying losing these games but if Arsenal can beat Bayern with 30% possession, no reason why it doesn't happen in FIFA as well.
  • Fandango83
    403 posts Sunday League Hero
    FC Intl wrote: »
    High pressure, 59% passing and the 37% possession is apparently enough to win. Play beautiful, right Pelé?

F this game

Its not that bit that gets me. Its the lack of etiquette afterwards. Full celebration and then we need to see the replay, after 35 attempts, the one time theyve managed to walk through your players or its rebounded back to them several times. Very annoying.

If thats how they enjoy the game, fair do's. But rubbing it in? Low blow!
  • Ker_Mit
    5935 posts Big Money Move
    @FC Intl why not taking a break for a week? Focus in trading to cool down a bit.
    Maybe your "Passion" will come back
  • t-mase
    532 posts An Exciting Prospect

F this game

What like Sheffield Wednesday who beat Arsenal 3-0 with less than 30% possession last night. Face facts that is happens!
  • ChrisLFC
    7352 posts League Winner
    Thumbnail_Large.PNG

One of my many 0-0 draws in this game. I hit the post and his keeper made two incredibly saves as usual.
  • Florianr104
    4303 posts National Call-Up
    Hey FC Intl, what formation do you sport? I recently switched to 4312 thanks to dunk with all mids with great all round stats and H/H work rates - just don't know what your budget is. Really just trying to help out.

Ever since I started using that formation, I've won about 80% of my games. As everyone else here knows, I hated the game before that.

Give it a try if you'd like. That, of course, will change nothing about the fact that there will be games where you just lose to an absolute noob whose Diego Alves turns into a Casillas/Neuer/Buffon hybrid.

• Johanm01
    77 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2015
    I only encounter the ziggyzaggy players as it seems. Lost and draws by ziggy zaggy goals....awesome.
  • Codzombie777
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Do a few mins of advanced shooting skill game. Gets passing and shooting timing better before starting a game. If i dont do my shots are everywhere
  • SurferDude
    1756 posts Fans' Favourite

F this game

I beat my record 2 weeks ago 38 shots on goal 31 on target 70% of those were inside the box - his keeper saved everything, finesse shots I tried everything then he shot from far out in a rage it hit my defender on the head and went in, my defender was only just inside the box - his only shot all game - I sat back and laughed, you just could not make it up, the game just didn't want me to win. That's when you realise how this game really works
  • uNko
    569 posts Sunday League Hero
    I understand your frustration mate. I was on a 7 loss streak a few days ago, everything I did just didn't work. In one game, I hit the post 5 times, with one of those shots going from one post and hitting the other before being cleared. So many of those games I was up a goal and lost it in the final 5 minutes of the match.

Sometimes when I play, and most people who are on a losing streak do is that I go on tilt. I begin sprinting with my players, making stupid attempts at tackles and letting silly goals in. I've learnt now that if you start losing a few games, STOP. Change your formation, team or go practice in the arena.

After my 7 loses I went into the advanced drills for 20 minutes, changed my formation to something similar to what I had and now I'm 9 wins 0 loses 1 draw in division 2.

Also what might help you like it helped me is changing your camera to Co-op. Being able to see the whole pitch is such an advantage!

Hope these pointers helped mate. Good luck.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    You can only take a break after a game like this :neutral:
  • Ch1cha
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    Only in Fifa you get people claiming they should have won as they were clearly better than the 'garbage' opponent.

People never learn
  • Fandango83
    403 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ch1cha wrote: »
    Only in Fifa you get people claiming they should have won as they were clearly better than the 'garbage' opponent.

People never learn

Im sure you could have reworded your criticism in a much more constructive way
  • PezMan123
    859 posts An Exciting Prospect
    taking a break lol its the game not the player and yall know that
  • corsik
    445 posts Sunday League Hero

F this game

• Johanm01
    77 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2015
    Just had another ziggy zaggy opponent. Was 2-0 up, including a stupid penalty. Of ofcourse there was the zigzag goal. I punished him by passing on own half from 50th minute on. If they wanna show how great the zigzag is i can show how great the passing is of the backline.
  • st4sh0ut
    831 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I feel you. I sold the game and went back to playing FIFA 15. FIFA 15 feels golden compared to FIFA 16.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Johanm01 wrote: »
    Just had another ziggy zaggy opponent. Was 2-0 up, including a stupid penalty. Of ofcourse there was the zigzag goal. I punished him by passing on own half from 50th minute on. If they wanna show how great the zigzag is i can show how great the passing is of the backline.

So you lost 2-0? I'm sure he was gutted, you really showed him! :lol:
  • BerserkCo
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I guess its only us average players who find themselves in these no win games, totally mystified how the "guns" never encounter it
  • SurferDude
    1756 posts Fans' Favourite
    BerserkCo wrote: »
    I guess its only us average players who find themselves in these no win games, totally mystified how the "guns" never encounter it

Don't be fooled, they get the same, there just so far up EA's backside they are blinded. Sad but true
  • Johanm01
    77 posts Park Captain
    So you lost 2-0? I'm sure he was gutted, you really showed him! :lol:

No, i won....2-1 :(
  • Tabouk
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I only encounter the ziggyzaggy players as it seems. Lost and draws by ziggy zaggy goals....awesome.

Just let the AI defend, I gave up defending for a while, now I am gradually going back to manual, but I use the CDMs or CMs and sometimes the LB RB. never switch to CBs they will zigzag and hit you. since using this tactic I've started winning. I've noticed that most players that I have a hard time beating are doing the same. to counter it, shoot from outside the box.
  • BerserkCo
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Tabouk wrote: »

Just let the AI defend, I gave up defending for a while, now I am gradually going back to manual, but I use the CDMs or CMs and sometimes the LB RB. never switch to CBs they will zigzag and hit you. since using this tactic I've started winning. I've noticed that most players that I have a hard time beating are doing the same. to counter it, shoot from outside the box.

I guess you right but I still have a hard time trusting the cb to do something an at the last minute switch to disasterous results
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    BerserkCo wrote: »

I guess you right but I still have a hard time trusting the cb to do something an at the last minute switch to disasterous results

You don't need to trust him completely, just let him slow down the attacker until you get another player, like the CDM or LB/RB to help, keep your defence in formation for as long as you can.
  • Chubz
    3239 posts National Call-Up

This costs me a 90 minute. I score in 89 min, to get lead 1-2. At kick off, the guy just uses the one player to ziggy zag through my entire team and scores to draw
  • Jfo88
    22950 posts Club Captain
    What's your team?
  • Korthan
    2475 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ch1cha wrote: »

People never learn

You are a shill.

• Korthan
    2475 posts Fans' Favourite
    Chubz wrote: »

This costs me a 90 minute. I score in 89 min, to get lead 1-2. At kick off, the guy just uses the one player to ziggy zag through my entire team and scores to draw

Online trash + exploits game flaw + game flaw is they have increased chance to score right after you score = undeserved goal. Rutter's drama in action.

In the real world, it is known as demoralising waste of time because all your effort is undone by one cheap exploit move.
  • Jfo88
    22950 posts Club Captain
    Korthan wrote: »
    Chubz wrote: »

Online trash + exploits game flaw + game flaw is they have increased chance to score right after you score = undeserved goal. Rutter's drama in action.

In the real world, it is known as demoralising waste of time because all your effort is undone by one cheap exploit move.
    @Korthan have you tried playing good players and getting tips to improve instead of just blaming the game?
  • FC Intl
    4394 posts National Call-Up
    Hey FC Intl, what formation do you sport? I recently switched to 4312 thanks to dunk with all mids with great all round stats and H/H work rates - just don't know what your budget is. Really just trying to help out.

Ever since I started using that formation, I've won about 80% of my games. As everyone else here knows, I hated the game before that.

Give it a try if you'd like. That, of course, will change nothing about the fact that there will be games where you just lose to an absolute noob whose Diego Alves turns into a Casillas/Neuer/Buffon hybrid.

Been playing 4231(1). I'm not doing that bad actually, it just is frustrating as hell that poor players can be protected by 17 saves from their GK, and one of their 13 blind 60 yard through balls finally gets through and of course scores.

Others who are suggesting that the opponent must be better because he won must be delusional, poor players are constantly being bailed out on the game. Players that should literally be embarrassed do often come out on top- And it's not because they are better.