Which formation to choose

NicklasFreier
67 posts Park Captain
Hey, I've been playing 3-5-2 on my first team and second team for quite a while now. Been playing with a BBVA and a BPL squad. But the formation starts to annoy me abit, I feel that defence wise I'm doing pretty good, but I don't seem to get much goals. Which annoys me the most is the lag of width, from playing with a LM and a RM, my attack seems very narrow I believe. Setting my LM and RM on stay forward leaves way to much space behind them, for my opponent to run down the flanks. But I find my RM and LM really useless, they do mostly feel like a RB and a LB tbh.
So I'm wondering to change formation.
I got like 450k in total, if I decide to sell both of my teams, what would you suggest?
And is it better to have to even teams, or a main team and a fitness squad which isn't as good as the main squad, and then play that one in each 3'rd game?

I can't decide which formation I want to play either, as I find most of the wings to be way out of my budget, I've been looking at the 4-1-2-1(2) and the 4-3-1-2, just because I cba to play with wingers if I can't afford any decent ones.
I'm open for any leagues, and any formations, so if you got any suggestion, or any squad buiders to show it would be nice.
Your help is much appriciated.
Best regards.

Comments

• NicklasFreier
    67 posts Park Captain
    Edit:
    Which is the best formation of the 2 (4-1-2-1-2(2) or 4-3-1-2, and is there any guides on any of them?
  • Kerrlos
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Ive recently switched to 4312 and I'm enjoying it. The only thing Ive noticed is the front three tend to get each others way as they're close together.
    Ive never got on with any 41212 versions but at the end of the day its what works for you. You can always start a game with your 352 and change formation at the start to see if you like it, instead of selling everyone. You can always buy a couple of cheap LB and RB to sub on. Hope this helps.
  • lordcanja
    1754 posts Play-Off Hero
    Played with a couple formations this year, and the 4231(2) is by far the best for me. And you dont have to spend stupid amounts for wingers, these are the teams i currently use (http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/3580663/ + http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/3580741/)
    The wingers im using are really really good, cant see me changing them any time soon.
    I would say its better to have 2 teams that are equal, or almost equal, just so you can switch between them and not worry about one team being worse. But thats just my opinion
  • lordcanja wrote: »
    Played with a couple formations this year, and the 4231(2) is by far the best for me. And you dont have to spend stupid amounts for wingers, these are the teams i currently use (http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/3580663/ + http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/3580741/)
    The wingers im using are really really good, cant see me changing them any time soon.
    I would say its better to have 2 teams that are equal, or almost equal, just so you can switch between them and not worry about one team being worse. But thats just my opinion

That is some sweaty strikers :cold_sweat:
    Well 4231 just seem very defensive to me, is the LM and RM any useful?
    and don't your strikers end up alone most of the time?
  • duf
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    After struggling with 4321 i find 4231 looking good. Playing with this one although i exchanged medel into naingollan and start using Tevez(sub after stsrt of the game) its just a temporary very cheap squad as listed here. You can test it with discard france team too with ben yeddr up front. Swuad is in one of my posts asking about discard team. Played really well for no money

[img][/img]image.jpg
  • lordcanja
    1754 posts Play-Off Hero
    lordcanja wrote: »

That is some sweaty strikers :cold_sweat:
    Well 4231 just seem very defensive to me, is the LM and RM any useful?
    and don't your strikers end up alone most of the time?

If you know how to use the formation, its really reallt good. It dominates the midfield, its important to have a good cam, because that position is the heart of the formation. And you dont need to worry abouy the LM/RM not being in attack, they are always where you need them
  • Tekkerz
    3345 posts National Call-Up
    4312 is my fave formation if the play gets to narrow tell the strikers to stay wide which opens up space for the cam.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    There are no bad formations (maybe except 41212), it's really up to you and the way you play to decide what formation works best for you.

There's no big difference between 41212(2) and 4312. The first may be slightly wider, the second is more compact, but until you play both you won't know which is better. Same goes for every other formation. 20 different people will say 20 different formations are the best (maybe not 20, but at least 10...)
  • NicklasFreier
    67 posts Park Captain
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    There are no bad formations (maybe except 41212), it's really up to you and the way you play to decide what formation works best for you.

There's no big difference between 41212(2) and 4312. The first may be slightly wider, the second is more compact, but until you play both you won't know which is better. Same goes for every other formation. 20 different people will say 20 different formations are the best (maybe not 20, but at least 10...)

Well true dat, just that people complains about the CDM in 41212(2) always being out of position anyways.. Well can't really decide which formation to use at all..
    Are their any formation suited for being able to have a lot of passing opportunities?
    in 4312 you got to play pretty fast if I'm right? And the midfielders got to be box-to-box midfielders with like h/h wr, or am I wrong? would a midfield trio of Modric- IF Krychowiak - Kroos work?