4-4-1-1 Formation Guide

Comments

• Khangaskhan17
    3906 posts National Call-Up
    @Fgermana98 - Team looks good. Giro's workrates worry me but if he works for you then go for it! Moutinho/Verratti worked well last time I used them.
  • Any hybrid team ideas with IF Calhanoglu 100k budget including Calhanoglu?
  • Khangaskhan17
    @Raider

Thanks for the detailed feedback on the formation. I agree about the formation not being as solid defensively as the 4231s. Like you said, much of your success with the formation will come down to knowing how to use the CMs.

On defense it's important to know when to sacrifice going in for a challenge and choosing to run backwards to mark passing lanes until more help arrives. Offensively, it's about knowing when to take chances both with dribbling and passing and when certain passing lanes open on the attack.

I agree about H/L CFs. There are always players that work well regardless of workrate but generally H/L CFs leave the build up too early, leaving you vulnerable to high pressure traps.

You're spot on about the benefits of the ST/CF interchanging roles at times. It's one of the things that keeps the formation dynamic attack and why it's important to have a well rounded ST.

One thing you can do to narrow the width of the formation offensively is to shorten your pass distance (<37). Defensively, you can use a more narrow value as well.
  • Khangaskhan17
    @Lloydie - Alcacer is one of my favorite budget STRs this year. Just a gem. That backline looks solid. Everything about Hummels is really good for the formation. One of the best CBs I've used. Silva is a bit weak for the typical CF but he's a joy to use regardless.
  • Khangaskhan17
    @SaifR - You're spot on about that M/H RCM. Makes a huge difference. I hate that BBVA doesn't have any elite RCMs that are M/H. Krychowiak is too clumsy for me and Busquests is a good tackler but just not as well positioned on defense. That's why I just opted for more offense. Glad to see you're rockin' it with that MUFC setup as usual!
  • Khangaskhan17
    @Batman_Llanber - That team @SaifR built you looks sweet!
  • Khangaskhan17
    @IKE_P_H - Not a fan of Krychowiak or Kono for this formation but if they work for you then great! That Martinez/Griezmann combo is deadly. Tried it for about 20 matches and did well with it.
  • Khangaskhan17
    @Jmoz16 - Auba is so deadly in this formation. Reus would work but Muller is king at CF. Really though, this team looks sick! I'd hate to play that backline and brilliant pairing of Marchisio with Lahm.
  • Khangaskhan17
    @Keepthechange - Thanks man. You could still definitely write your own guide as you might use the formation much differently. That's what keeps Fifa ticking.

If you don't, people could still always use your knowledge as it seems like you have things figured out. :smile:
  • Khangaskhan17
    Any hybrid team ideas with IF Calhanoglu 100k budget including Calhanoglu?

Might have gone over a bit.

2w2pw8y.png
  • Keepthechange
    1654 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Keepthechange - Thanks man. You could still definitely write your own guide as you might use the formation much differently. That's what keeps Fifa ticking.

If you don't, people could still always use your knowledge as it seems like you have things figured out. :smile:

I can share my team and custom tactics:

I use 60/50/Organized 50/50/50 FF, 50/50/50 Cover

Capture.png

Jovetic is definitely the star of the team with around 130 goals in 150 games, Mertens is a brilliant goal-scoring CF, and Nainggolan is unbelievably good.

I think Width is key in this formation and having attacking fullbacks makes it excel, however I always keep their instructions on balanced.

• Slikwille
    486 posts Sunday League Hero

If you like NLW:
    pitch-651980.jpg
  • Wanton
    77 posts Park Captain
    Have a question bout the costum tactics ... Do you activate them in game or before because they are disabled if you enter team managment during the game
  • DSD27
    5699 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2015

Might have gone over a bit.

2w2pw8y.png

Fahrman is a great goal keeper, for me better than Leno because of his hight and reflexes and it costs like 650 coins. Go with him and invest the money on a better striker.
    That CB partnership is really short...
  • Khangaskhan17
    Wanton wrote: »
    Have a question bout the costum tactics ... Do you activate them in game or before because they are disabled if you enter team managment during the game

Go challenge the TOTW, create and save the CTs (make sure the green mark is on it), back out. Search for an online match; select the CT from before readying up.
  • JSaintUK
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2015
    Do you mind building me a team for 50k?
    EDIT: I've just had a Serie A team so if possible, could it be a different league or at least a hybrid with Serie A
    Post edited by JSaintUK on
  • Addie
    85 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just got off work. Will respond to everyone soon. :smile:

Would you mind bulding 2 teams for me? 100k each would be much appreciated
  • hey @Khangaskhan17 it's me one more time ;) Only need your go for my Fitness Ladies Squad ;D
    I needed one now and it's about 100k. btw this Formation is amazing! Love You for doing this Formation Guide, now I got the Formation thats fits in my playstyle!

9xbnq8ak.jpg

• Slikwille
    JSaintUK wrote: »
    Does anyone mind building me a team for 50k?

pitch-652820.jpg
  • JSaintUK
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Slikwille wrote: »

pitch-652820.jpg

Thanks but sorry I should have said. I've just had a Serie A tam so if possible, could it be a different league or at least a hybrid with Serie A
  • ScytheeHD
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    any idea for a IF Dempsey team?
  • Slikwille
    Slikwille wrote: »

pitch-652820.jpg

Thanks but sorry I should have said. I've just had a Serie A tam so if possible, could it be a different league or at least a hybrid with Serie A

How about this? pitch-653485.jpg
  • Khangaskhan17
    ScytheeHD wrote: »
    any idea for a IF Dempsey team?

Might actually have to build this one myself!

1qfrie.png
  • Khangaskhan17
    xXAiykoXx wrote: »
    hey @Khangaskhan17 it's me one more time ;) Only need your go for my Fitness Ladies Squad ;D
    I needed one now and it's about 100k. btw this Formation is amazing! Love You for doing this Formation Guide, now I got the Formation thats fits in my playstyle!

9xbnq8ak.jpg

Looks good, I'd get Candreva if you can. Some people don't like him but I think he's a great RM for the formation. He provides another offensive threat with his crazy long shots and his stamina makes him a game changer late in matches. There are so many great options for CM in Serie A. Those two are good but save to upgrade in the future. Can't say enough good things about Pjanic/Marchisio for LCM. Backline looks solid.
  • @Khangaskhan17 thanks a lot! I only wanted a solid Team B for Fitness recovery!This team will be build more and more over the time ^^

• Khangaskhan17
    Just uploaded some D1 gameplay under the OP.
  • DonMega
    1256 posts Professional
    edited October 2015
    First off, good guide! If this has been asked I apologize.

How does this formation compare to the 4231(2). It would appear this is just a more offensive version. Does it play similar?

cdm->cm and cam->cf

I am curious as this formation allows for some interesting hybrids.
  • Khangaskhan17
    @DonMega - It's a bit more offensive with two CMs instead of CDMs. You sacrifice more defensive stability to have more offensive support. Instead of a staggered midfield you have a flat line. The CF and STR interchange more often than the CAM and ST would in a 4231.

Having used the 4231 a lot in the past, the 4411 is definitely similar.
  • Chubbs
    14422 posts Has That Special Something
    Been my favorite and most effective team so far this year? nice guide @Khangaskhan17 !

5d93a4ef3a0193e5cdc6caeea23812ad.png
  • Khangaskhan17
    @Chubbs - Thanks man. Hey, would you mind giving a quick review on some of those players? I was just about to build my first MLS side this year around that IF Dempsey.