4-4-1-1 Formation Guide

Comments

• Khangaskhan17
    3905 posts National Call-Up
    Here ya go @Ravz9: The team is 340k but you can easily swap out Chiellini or Boateng for a cheaper option.

1z67dwh.png
  • Slikwille
    486 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2015
    How does this look as a relatively cheap way to work in Muller?
    pitch-646414.jpg
  • Khangaskhan17
    @Slikwille - Nice hybrid if you're comfortable using target men. Bender is a bit clumsy for my taste but if he works for you, by all means use him. I'd try to upgrade those fullbacks once you build up more coins.

Thiago is just incredible. Can't say enough good things about him. Berardi is a budget gem as well.
  • Fgermana98
    145 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just built this:
    Giroud
    Fekir
    Nani Moutinho Verratti Ox
    Erkin Perrin Marquinhos Debuchy
    Ruffier

Thoughts? Im using your instructions with the exception that I leave my fullbacks on stayback to reduce counters.
  • Slikwille
    @Slikwille - Nice hybrid if you're comfortable using target men. Bender is a bit clumsy for my taste but if he works for you, by all means use him. I'd try to upgrade those fullbacks once you build up more coins.

Thiago is just incredible. Can't say enough good things about him. Berardi is a budget gem as well.

That's definitely the plan. Get Vidal/Lamm later.
    I'm tempted to go with Geis instead of Bender as a budget "total football" setup, but I'm worried about med/med work rates on both CMs.

I have almost 800k to build a killer team, but I want to have something to play that doesn't break the bank so I can invest and then build during the TOTY crash.
  • Tinus
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Excellent guide!

Do you always set your LCM to be the offensive one? I mean, chemistry wise, it would suit better this team if the offensive role is given to the RCM. What do you reckon?

Midfield:

LM: Ribéry;
    LCM: Vidal;
    RCM: Pogba;
    CF: Muller.
    RM: Cuadrado.

Cheers!!
  • Ravz9
    25767 posts Player of the Year
    Here ya go @Ravz9: The team is 340k but you can easily swap out Chiellini or Boateng for a cheaper option.

1z67dwh.png

Thanks!
  • Raider
    3610 posts National Call-Up
    @Khangaskhan17

Used your formation and guide last night, had some trouble at first but after a few games I can review it pretty accurately.

the formation seems to be much better in attack and pressure than 4231(2) though not as solid in defence. I've only used 2xH/H CMs Guarin/Naingg default PIs with full backs on Stay Back, and that worked well, one CM was always going forward, second stayed deeper, and full backs also were covering. So the key here is to learn how to use the CMs in right way, because they wont be tracking back as much as a CDM would. I found 4231(2) sit too deep the field which would make it very prone to high pressure teams, 4411 doesnt have that problem.

In attack the CF and ST partnership is just amazing.(I would avoid H/L on CF though, had Mertens there and he was worse than Palacio H/M and Dybala M/L), didnt like his movement, and the fact he did nothing in defence. Overall:
    - The movement of the players is great, ST/CF switch positions a lot making it harder for the opposition to stop them.
    - Wingers for some reason make more runs than in 4231(2), which helps a lot.
    - A lot of options to play 1-2s or even quick 2-3 passes between wingers/CF/CMs to get one of the wingers or the ST/CF behind the defence
    - The formation seems to be quite wide which could be a problem, but using the 'possession'/'Counter Attack'/'Offside Trap' CT helps a lot

My testing team was:

dybala
    palacio(mertens)
    f anderson guarin nainggolan berardi
    zuniga bonucci manolas peres
    handanovic

cheers!
  • MisterRux
    921 posts Professional
    edited October 2015
    Just made this one (didn't like my previous one)

f135b2c03c66fdf90c010f524b665e2e.png
  • Lloydie
    619 posts An Exciting Prospect
    9d9b98ed62a0ae699fb74b799642899c.png

This is my current team.

The idea is to keep upgrading the players until I get my 'dream team', which is based around Messi, David Silva and Reus. The upgrades go:

Marquinhos -> Thiago Silva
    Hummels -> Boateng
    Pedro Leon -> Messi
    Schurrle -> Reus
    Alcacer -> Aguero
  • Tinus
    MisterRux wrote: »
    Just made this one (didn't like my previous one)

f135b2c03c66fdf90c010f524b665e2e.png

I see what you did there :p
  • IKE_P_H
    1159 posts Professional
    This was my first formation, and I hated it =(

CMs didn't feel defensive at all, wingers and ST would always be isolated.

Good guide though. Might give it a try again following this guide
  • eJousie
    733 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Best 3 CM's i've tried were all H/H midfielders who are great in attack as well as in defence.
    • Naingolan
    • Marchisio
    • Vidal

I think Pogba would be really good as well.
  • SaifR
    12842 posts Has That Special Something
    Schneiderlin & Schweinsteiger (Schmidfield) make a fantastic pairing, would definitely recommend.

I feel having a CDM with M/H is very helpful, but only if they're decent at passing and have good ball control (like Schneiderlin does).
  • IKE_P_H
    1159 posts Professional
    Just noticed you said M/M wingers aren't good. Does that apply to konoplyanka? I really like him =(
  • Raider
    edited October 2015
    IKE_P_H wrote: »
    Just noticed you said M/M wingers aren't good. Does that apply to konoplyanka? I really like him =(

doubt it, just use stay forward instraction on him and should be fine, though he has quite low positioning only 73 so he might not make decent moves a lot
  • Batman_Llanber
    1183 posts Professional
    SaifR wrote: »
    Schneiderlin & Schweinsteiger (Schmidfield) make a fantastic pairing, would definitely recommend.

I feel having a CDM with M/H is very helpful, but only if they're decent at passing and have good ball control (like Schneiderlin does).

I really want to build a full united squad, do you think this formation suits the team? Would play rooney as the CF
  • Slikwille
    edited October 2015
    IKE_P_H wrote: »

For what it's worth, I am using Tadic at LM (also med/med) with stay forward instructions and he performs well. Even still manages to cover the flanks on defense.
  • SaifR

I really want to build a full united squad, do you think this formation suits the team? Would play rooney as the CF

Yes definitely @Batman_Llanber.

Either like this, or with IF Herrera at CF or LCM.

89a7a8fb22b760790626ec52d933bea0.png
  • Raider
    edited October 2015
    SY66uU3.jpg
    i want <3 or insigne instead perisic
  • Tinus
    @SaifR Do you always set your LCM to be the offensive one?
  • SaifR
    Tinus wrote: »

@Tinus yes, but only because it feels more naturally comfortable for my LCM to be offensive. If you're comfortable with it being the other way round, I don't see any reason why it should be a problem.
  • Tinus
    Tinus wrote: »

@Tinus yes, but only because it feels more naturally comfortable for my LCM to be offensive. If you're comfortable with it being the other way round, I don't see any reason why it should be a problem.

Thank you :smile:

Cheers!
  • IKE_P_H
    1159 posts Professional
    Any idea of a good 100k team? I want 4* skills in the wingers and CF at least
  • IKE_P_H
    1159 posts Professional
    @Khangaskhan17 reckon this would work? I went alittle off your guide with konoplyanka, but I really like him and already own him, luis, kry and godin, so...

pitch-650999.jpg
  • Jmoz16
    50 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2015
    Hey how's this look? Could throw gundogan in there and either muller or lewa up top but I'm leaning more towards this team...thoughts?

Cheers

pitch-651247.jpg
  • Slikwille
    @IKE_P_H
    That looks stellar. If you want to use some gems, give this a try:

pitch-651271.jpg
  • Keepthechange
    1654 posts Play-Off Hero
    I was so tempted to write a guide for this formation since I've won 5 of my last 6 Div1 seasons but I thought I wouldn't be able to put things together well.

Good job.
  • IKE_P_H
    1159 posts Professional
    Slikwille wrote: »
    @IKE_P_H
    That looks stellar. If you want to use some gems, give this a try:

pitch-651271.jpg

Raffael looks really really good! I'll try him as soon as I can! Thanks for the headsup!
  • Khangaskhan17
    Just got off work. Will respond to everyone soon. :smile: