4-4-1-1 Formation Guide

Comments

• HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite
    Very nice guide.

Really well written.
  • pafeuuu
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Great post. I tried to make this formation click but as you mentioned, wingers just disappear for me, tried get them forward more with instructions, no luck. I'm rather patient possession player, link up play between CF and ST is great, yet I like wingers to make impact in game, might try this formation yet again, jsut because a lot of teams irl playing 4231 wide plays actually 4411. And because I loved watching Swansea under Rodgers and early Laudrup with this setup.
  • PTY BroZz
    2662 posts Fans' Favourite
    FCK_Benz wrote: »
    PTY BroZz wrote: »
    Nice guide dude !
    Ive not tried out these formation yet but, who knows, I ll maybe try it someday n see how it works.

Got me another d1 title with this form. 41212(2) was good but 4141 is my go-to form now.

Still in love w 41212-2, but if 4141 worked for u, I should try it out one of these days. I just need to find an opponent tho :'(
  • HAMMS
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm using 4411 after reading your initial post, and I'm really enjoying the freedom in midfield.
    Now your guide is going to make this formation play even better!

Very insightful. Good work!
  • Alperios
    162 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Great guide! Much appreciated man. Thank you.
  • BenzP7
    8292 posts League Winner
    Nice guide dude !
    Ive not tried out these formation yet but, who knows, I ll maybe try it someday n see how it works.

Got me another d1 title with this form. 41212(2) was good but 4141 is my go-to form now.

Still in love w 41212-2, but if 4141 worked for u, I should try it out one of these days. I just need to find an opponent tho :'(

Still having trouble? That sucks man. It only happened to me in the beginning and now I can find opponent within 3-4 times at max.
  • PTY BroZz
    2662 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2015
    Nice guide dude !

Still having trouble? That sucks man. It only happened to me in the beginning and now I can find opponent within 3-4 times at max.

Opposite for me. I could easily find opponents in the first few weeks of fifa 16, now Im lucky if I find one in 30 minutes (seasons), and not even bother searching on gold cups or single matches. Sometimes Im so desesperate to find a match, I even go in a match w orange latency bar, n pray for the game not to be laggy. I hate this.
  • HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've opted for the total football route with this form lol.

Currently using this

Suarez
    Messi
    Neymar-James-Modric-Costa
    Alba-Pique-Pepe-Alves
    Bravo

Plays really well.
  • BenzP7
    8292 posts League Winner
    I've opted for the total football route with this form lol.

Currently using this

Suarez
    Messi
    Neymar-James-Modric-Costa
    Alba-Pique-Pepe-Alves
    Bravo

Plays really well.

Jukez, did you use it on division? And did you stream btw? It's my fav this yr btw.
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Very nice guide!
  • Khangaskhan17
    3851 posts National Call-Up
    @pafeuuu Which CTs are you using atm? Wingers in this formation will stay to collect quite often. If one side is overloaded and you switch the pitch, the far side winger almost always makes that run in on through. Also, what workrates do your wingers have?
  • Khangaskhan17
    HAMMS wrote: »
    I'm using 4411 after reading your initial post, and I'm really enjoying the freedom in midfield.
    Now your guide is going to make this formation play even better!

Very insightful. Good work!

Good to hear! What team are you using?

• Khangaskhan17
    Very nice guide.

Really well written.

Thanks man. And that team you have is pretty sweet. That CF Messi and STR Suarez combo is the best in the game.
  • Khangaskhan17
    Speakin' of which: View My Video
  • Raider
    3438 posts National Call-Up
    SgXqiMB.jpg

this team is tempting me :o

im trying to find a better alternative to 433(3) ...
  • Khangaskhan17
    @Raider - Nice hybrid there. That H/H midfield might get a little crazy but it should be okay. Lucas is M/M so you might want to put stay forward on him.
  • Raider
    SgXqiMB.jpg

this team is tempting me :o

im trying to find a better alternative to 433(3) ...
    @Raider - Nice hybrid there. That H/H midfield might get a little crazy but it should be okay. Lucas is M/M so you might want to put stay forward on him.

well im using 433(3) now with guarin and nainggolan at CDM and im using them actually to rush forward, and have the LB RB on stay back, so wondering how this would work for this formation as well
  • Khangaskhan17
    @Raider I'm not a fan of stay back on fullbacks but I know it often works for others. Definitely worth a try if it's worked for you before.
  • BenzP7
    8292 posts League Winner

I personally prefer mids with H/H who can offer both offensively and defensively. Its been great so I think they will be fine imo.
  • Raider
    edited October 2015
    @Raider I'm not a fan of stay back on fullbacks but I know it often works for others. Definitely worth a try if it's worked for you before.

its probably the only way to avoid being exposed too much on counters, fifa's tactics and formations suck this year as the DMs and CMs seem to rush forward even if stay back and L/H M/H wrs, so might as well use this to our advantage in the cost of fullbacks staying back
  • Khangaskhan17
    @Raider Yeah, CDMs and CMs will bomb forward regardless of instructions unless you play organized. If Benz said it works for him I'd definitely go with that.
  • SaifR
    12842 posts Has That Special Something
    Would you use IF Herrera at CF or CM, and could you maybe suggest a team to me that has IF Martial, IF Herrera and Schneiderlin in :)
  • Khangaskhan17
    SaifR wrote: »
    Would you use IF Herrera at CF or CM, and could you maybe suggest a team to me that has IF Martial, IF Herrera and Schneiderlin in :)

Definitely at LCM. He was even better there this year than last, which is saying something! Did you want a hybrid or full BPL?
  • Raider
    A
    IpngBag.jpg

or

B
    ez2kd9b.jpg
  • SaifR
    SaifR wrote: »

Definitely at LCM. He was even better there this year than last, which is saying something! Did you want a hybrid or full BPL?

Hybrid would be nice :)

And LCM it is! He was brilliant last year, looking forward to trying his IF this year.
  • Khangaskhan17
    @SaifR

IF Martial
    Rooney
    Mirallas - Herrera - Schneiderlin - Hamouma
    Baines - Koscielny - Perrin - Aurier
    Lloris or any French GK

I'll work on something else if that's too Frenchy.
  • NikiSmith
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Very nice guide!

Might give it a go with this team:

80c2b14c236e36cb4a2c05ed180a41a4.jpg
  • El.Diego
    694 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Great guide mate. Will try 4411 for sure :smile:
  • SaifR
    edited October 2015
    @SaifR

IF Martial
    Rooney
    Mirallas - Herrera - Schneiderlin - Hamouma
    Baines - Koscielny - Perrin - Aurier
    Lloris or any French GK

I'll work on something else if that's too Frenchy.

I think I'll have to drop one of the three, in order to make it easier to add variety.

I came up with this, but it would leave Herrera on 7 chem, although everyone else would be on full chem.
    IF Martial
    Muller
    Memphis - IF Herrera - Rode - Shaqiri
    Gaya - IF Bartra - Badstuber - Johnson
    Ter Stegen

Another idea:
    IF Martial
    Tevez
    Memphis - IF Herrera - Gago - Shaqiri
    Gibbs - Smalling - Rojo - Johnson
    Begovic

Makes it less of an interesting hybrid, and I'm stuck with Gago, but Tevez looks class.
  • METH
    940 posts Semi-Pro
    Currently using 4141 but how would you recommend lining up this midfield??

Perisic Hamsik Hernanes Berardi. ( have de Jong and Medel)

I have Jovetic and di Natali who would be best has CF and SC??
    You think this form could also work with cassano and totti upfront??