• Jfo88
    22946 posts Club Captain
    What a response
  • Tostiee
    345 posts Sunday League Hero
    Jfo88 wrote: »
    What a response
    :D

• To be fair, he works in communications... Not much he can do if they don't give him anything to say.
  • Jfo88
    22946 posts Club Captain
    What a response

Sums up how ea operates nothing but secrets and shadows
  • Masakari
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    I assume, by that reply, that EA are thinking on how to fight this for TOTS.
  • anjelikmatko
    811 posts An Exciting Prospect
    i would be happy if ea would release hundrets or thousands of cards by themself...
  • JoeDoeDawg11
    1661 posts Play-Off Hero
    Masakari wrote: »
    Insane cardweights and re-releasing (or flooding market) with cards.

I think they are definitely flooding the market right now to help

• ScottW51
    152 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What a response

Well what do you expect him to say? He's not a game developer.
  • Salty P3anut
    10596 posts Has That Special Something
    a flooding of motm quaresmas would be excellent
  • Masakari
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 2015

They could do that, but it wouldn't stop the "trader brigade" who would still buy tons of them in hopes of driving the price up.

The solution is really simple, EA just releases a statement saying that price ranges (for FUT15 only, not 16 as that will be a different ball game) can never increase, they either maintain value or are lowered.

That way there is no incentive to buy one of the rarer cards unless you actually want to use it.
    Definitely. I've managed to get most of the "hard to find" cards, but I haven't even seen 1 MOTM Quaresma, let alone fail to get him in time lol

And I'm a lifelong Porto fan, I like to have all Porto cards every year, so I'm still missing his card and wondering if I will ever get it.

I think his cardweight was probably super low and the few cards that were issued are mostly waiting in traders' piles.

• JoeDoeDawg11
    1661 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Masakari Yes! Exactly what I'm thinking. They don't understand that lowering prices on extinct cards would probably make them non-extinct
  • jenksiee123
    23988 posts Club Captain
    In other words they wait a week, raise the price slightly then flood the market with them.
  • Based wrote: »
    To be fair, he works in communications... Not much he can do if they don't give him anything to say.

Surely it's his job to get the information and tell the people. Otherwise, what else is he communicating apart from hyping amy motm players and essentially marketing packs.
  • Shane
    24103 posts Player of the Year
    what a joke
  • Thierry-VavaVoom
    4276 posts National Call-Up
    feeling quite good about that reply ...EA will ay least do something about this then
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    Increasing prices of extinct players is the main reason why this is still a problem.

• murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    nif reus extinct on pc for about 2 weeks -> lower his caps last week ->lower his caps today. yea they know :blush:
  • Simple
    1446 posts Professional
    Even as someone who owns some extinct cards (actually to use instead of just hoarding for profits) I wish EA can do something about it.

Just put up thousands of extinct cards on the market to force a crash, which PS4 especially needs.
  • JohnDoe
    11478 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 2015
    Based wrote: »
    To be fair, he works in communications... Not much he can do if they don't give him anything to say.

Surely it's his job to get the information and tell the people. Otherwise, what else is he communicating apart from hyping amy motm players and essentially marketing packs.
    As if EA actually need him to do anything else. Not to forget that they don't release detailed info about things like chemistry and so forth, like it's some sort of top secret information. Regarding a game for which we actually pay. So why would they disclose anything other than what maximizes their profits?

On another scale, imagine McDonald's not releasing information on their new burgers. If such a thing weren't regulated by law (and even so, they sometimes try to "evade" said laws) I'm sure they'd try to release as little information as possible and claim all their burgers were really healthy, because it would maximize their profits. Not that in today's world that would last long, but still.

What I'm trying to say is that EA will publicly release whatever they feel like releasing, because no one forces them to do otherwise, and they probably think that, somehow, this is the way to keep the cash rolling in.
  • RollsReus
    1458 posts Professional
    can someone clarify to someone who isn't mad for UT. Is it players who's value is deemed at higher than the price range so the owners don't sell?
  • JohnDoe
    edited April 2015
    RollsReus wrote: »
    can someone clarify to someone who isn't mad for UT. Is it players who's value is deemed at higher than the price range so the owners don't sell?
    People are seeing certain price ranges as being over what players are supposedly worth, and that's why said players won't sell. And it's basically the opposite for players who are not on the market, or extinct, as many call them.
  • benjisince93
    1237 posts Professional
    JohnDoe wrote: »

As if EA actually need him to do anything else. Not to forget that they don't release detailed info about things like chemistry and so forth, like it's some sort of top secret information. Regarding a game for which we actually pay. So why would they disclose anything other than what maximizes their profits?

On another scale, imagine McDonald's not releasing information on their new burgers. If such a thing weren't regulated by law (and even so, they sometimes try to "evade" said laws) I'm sure they'd try to release as little information as possible and claim all their burgers were really healthy, because it would maximize their profits. Not that in today's world that would last long, but still.

What I'm trying to say is that EA will publicly release whatever they feel like releasing, because no one forces them to do otherwise, and they probably think that, somehow, this is the way to keep the cash rolling in.

Exactly its not like in shooters always give the specific calculations for the exact damage/defensive abilities etc of every item in the game.
  • hesus
    56 posts Park Captain
    Dr.Strange wrote: »
    Increasing prices of extinct players is the main reason why this is still a problem.

This. Why won't they finally understand? Don't raise the damn ranges if they do that, people will always buy everything up and wait for them to raise them again to make profit. Make a statement the ranges will never go up and the extintion will be over for most of the cards.
  • JohnDoe
    JohnDoe wrote: »

Exactly its not like in shooters always give the specific calculations for the exact damage/defensive abilities etc of every item in the game.
    Who knows why they don't do the same for FIFA...

• MeanOnSunday
    1536 posts Play-Off Hero

They could do that, but it wouldn't stop the "trader brigade" who would still buy tons of them in hopes of driving the price up.

The solution is really simple, EA just releases a statement saying that price ranges (for FUT15 only, not 16 as that will be a different ball game) can never increase, they either maintain value or are lowered.

That way there is no incentive to buy one of the rarer cards unless you actually want to use it.
    Definitely. I've managed to get most of the "hard to find" cards, but I haven't even seen 1 MOTM Quaresma, let alone fail to get him in time lol

And I'm a lifelong Porto fan, I like to have all Porto cards every year, so I'm still missing his card and wondering if I will ever get it.

I think his cardweight was probably super low and the few cards that were issued are mostly waiting in traders' piles.

Explain how traders are making cards go extinct. By buying them for max and then selling them for the same or even less when the max drops?
  • bad pack luck
    2827 posts Fans' Favourite

Explain how traders are making cards go extinct. By buying them for max and then selling them for the same or even less when the max drops?

They buy them and hold them in hopes of the price being raised during the next adjustment.
  • FC Intl
    4394 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2015

He doesn't have a say in what is communicated, just because he's in communications doesn't mean he can say what he wants. Everything has to be approved.

I think Chuboi does excellent, he's a regular poster on the fifa Reddit, answers questions all the time. In fact it was us guys that are on Reddit that put together that list of questions that you might have seen EA put out answers to shortly after the price ranges. He went around and got approval for all the questions. The devs read the Reddit much more than here says Chuboi.
  • jfc
    1033 posts Professional
    first message I see of him not closing a sentence with playboy.... he must be educated now I guess
  • Eric the eel
    506 posts An Exciting Prospect
    jfc wrote: »
    first message I see of him not closing a sentence with playboy.... he must be educated now I guess

lol
  • ayylmao
    346 posts Sunday League Hero
    cheers goeff