Is Someone at EA Taking The **** Out of Manolas?

Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
I know he's an out and out defender, but the guy is a top level professional footballer, can his shooting really be as bad as that? He has the worst shooting of any gold outfielder on the game! They've given him 10 finishing - Tony Hibbert has never once scored a professional goal and even he has 12 finishing. There are only 20 gold keepers with worse finishing! I've seen a video of Manolas scoring a goal in the box with his foot, surely that alone warrants higher than 10 finishing? Where do they get this stuff?

Comments

• Addie
    85 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Don't know how good he is since I don't watch Serie A that much. But perhaps he misses alot from corners etc?
  • HBK1925
    1878 posts Fans' Favourite
    Funny enough u scored a long shot with him last night. It was a corner I placed outside the box. Someone passed it back and he received and shot it. I won 2-0 after I scored with Pogba.
  • Dawud
    15660 posts World Class

good goal
  • Orikoru
    Dawud wrote: »

good goal

That alone deserves more than 10 finishing surely. If Hibbert has 12 for never scoring!
  • jfc
    1022 posts Professional
    he don`t shoot, he makes clearances that`s why
  • MisterRux
    920 posts Professional
    edited October 2015
  • PTY BroZz
    2662 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mascherano has only scored one goal in his career : 51 finishing :D
  • holdenwait
    54775 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    I scored an amazing goal after couple of sweet dribbles in the box with that Albanian Napoli RB, then I check to see his shooting is 48 rated and finishing 26.. bulllllllshiieeee
  • Orikoru
    jfc wrote: »

10 is CRAZY low though. On a scale of 1 to 99, I think some of my friends would actually warrant higher than 10 finishing - none of whom are professional footballers.
  • Ker_Mit
    5935 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2015
    The real question is why is it so important to you that he's got low finishing :lol:
    There are many players with stats that makes you think they're just random
  • PTY BroZz
    2662 posts Fans' Favourite
    Orikoru wrote: »

10 is CRAZY low though. On a scale of 1 to 99, I think some of my friends would actually warrant higher than 10 finishing - none of whom are professional footballers.

dude that means he scores 10/100 1v1s. I think no pro player cant be that bad haha.
  • GiveMeKoke
    1530 posts Play-Off Hero
    PTY BroZz wrote: »

dude that means he scores 10/100 1v1s. I think no pro player cant be that bad haha.

it doesn't mean that.
    Kermit1093 wrote: »
    There are many players with stats that makes you think they're just random

^ this. I'm sure they set some stats for players to a random number which can be auto filled between certain numbers to speed up the process. some bronze/silver nonrare players for example have very random stats.

• Morg95
    520 posts An Exciting Prospect
    PTY BroZz wrote: »

Hahahaha what?
  • FredDarrell
    940 posts Professional
    Pepe just scored an out of the box volley (a la zidane) after a corner on me
  • 1Claudio9
    16414 posts World Class
    I was wondering the same. It's so odd that he has such **** shooting
  • Pacey_Stacy
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA hates series a players
  • Dolan_Spoderman
    266 posts Sunday League Hero
    Played two games yesterday and my Manolas scored 2 goals, both finess shots after corners... so that 10 could be 99 ingame... in 30 games only did those two shots with him both got in... go figure...
  • Most in game stats are a lie in Fifa anyway.
  • Orikoru
    There's another one I've seen now - on every previous game Kagawa had 62 or 61 shot power. This game he suddenly has 42 - the lowest of any gold midfielder! How feeble was his shooting last season to warrant a 20 downgrade in power?? He still managed to find the net 6 times with his apparently ****-weak shots. :lol:
  • blasé
    767 posts Semi-Pro
    I had Kagawa for maybe 40-50 games and never noticed any apparent weak shot power: smashes them just like any other player. It really makes a mockery of this stat.

[email protected] Hibbert
  • GodLevel
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Dawud wrote: »

good goal
    I'd say 14 finishing rating would be fair based on that clip so EA is not very far off.

• Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    Kamil Glik scored 7 goals at CB last year and they gave him 11 Finishing.

2013/14 season: 2 goals in 34 matches -> 21 Finishing in FUT15
    2014/15 season: 7 goals in 32 matches -> 11 Finishing in FUT16

I don't know how that makes any sense, but apparently one person thought he deserved a downgrade.
  • Verstappen
    4173 posts National Call-Up
    The headding acc and jumping are not enough?

About Glik. Even with 11 FIN he is insane on corners.
  • simsieg
    9490 posts League Winner
    Kamil Glik scored 7 goals at CB last year and they gave him 11 Finishing.

2013/14 season: 2 goals in 34 matches -> 21 Finishing in FUT15
    2014/15 season: 7 goals in 32 matches -> 11 Finishing in FUT16

I don't know how that makes any sense, but apparently one person thought he deserved a downgrade.
    If all of those goals were from headers it's only the heading accuracy they'll look at
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    Verstappen wrote: »

True, most of Glik's goals were with his head, but consider this:

2013/14 season: 12 total shots with his feet, 1 goal with his feet
    2014/15 season: 6 total shots with his feet, 2 goals with his feet

It's not a great total, but respectable for a CB in a top league. It doesn't make sense for Manolas, among the 10,000+ players in FUT, to have the absolute worst finishing in FUT, or for Glik to be tied for the 2nd worst finishing in FUT.
  • Orikoru
    Verstappen wrote: »

True, most of Glik's goals were with his head, but consider this:

2013/14 season: 12 total shots with his feet, 1 goal with his feet
    2014/15 season: 6 total shots with his feet, 2 goals with his feet

It's not a great total, but respectable for a CB in a top league. It doesn't make sense for Manolas, among the 10,000+ players in FUT, to have the absolute worst finishing in FUT, or for Glik to be tied for the 2nd worst finishing in FUT.

Back on Manolas - according to WhoScored, he has only had 5 non-headed shots in the last four seasons (including the current one) - and scored with 2 of them. Not a bad ratio!

Glik in the last five seasons - 25 shots with his feet, 3 goals. Manolas should have better finishing than him then!
  • MaestroPirlo21
    1217 posts Professional
    Manolas missed an absolute sitter for me in the box after a corner. I chuckled when I remembered viewing this thread.
  • Reus
    22317 posts Club Captain
    his passing is unusually low as well