want a new legend striker pair - opinions

HeroBent
4592 posts National Call-Up
Rui Costa will be cam in 41212. Which pair should I put in front of him.

Options
1) Butragueno - Best: afraid that two small striker will be to weak.
2) best - kluivert/crespo
3) butra - kluivert/crespo

Any opinions? Really would like to try option 1) but have a feeling that best or butra need a strong partner.

Comments

• Shonosuke
    1507 posts Fans' Favourite
    Best - Van Basten IMO

Van Basten literally finishes everything. Kluivert is better on the ball but he missed so many chances for me
  • HeroBent
    Shonosuke wrote: »
    Best - Van Basten IMO

Van Basten literally finishes everything. Kluivert is better on the ball but he missed so many chances for me

Thanks. MVB workrates really put me off. Noticeable?

• Pugzilla
    15853 posts World Class
    Best and Kluivert for me. Staggered Attack WR and both double 4* with a target man and a pacey one. That's what I'd go with.
  • Benjog88
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    Doesn't sound like you are short of coins so try the first one of you don't like it you can sell one of the two that performs the worst and get one of the other two,
    I would also consider van bastan as well, I got him in draft yesterday and his shooting from everywhere is so good on either foot
  • Shonosuke
    HeroBent wrote: »
    Best - Van Basten IMO

Thanks. MVB workrates really put me off. Noticeable?

Put him on stay central and get in behind and he basically has H/L workrates
  • HeroBent
    Thanks for the input. Sound like best will be one of them, and the question is the partner.
  • hoban95
    48568 posts FIFA Cover Star
    edited October 2015
    Best - Van Basten IMO

Yeah Kluivert missing so many chances for me as well.

You got me tempted in getting Marco now. Never used him before
  • Shonosuke
    Thanks for the input. Sound like best will be one of them, and the question is the partner.

Could also try Stoichkov with Best, although I haven't used him his stats are amazing
  • HeroBent

Could also try Stoichkov with Best, although I haven't used him his stats are amazing

That is tempting. Hmmm..

• Pugzilla
    15853 posts World Class
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Best and Kluivert for me. Staggered Attack WR and both double 4* with a target man and a pacey one. That's what I'd go with.

Also this is assuming you don't have the coins for Weah + Best.
  • HeroBent

Also this is assuming you don't have the coins for Weah + Best.

That is out of reach. Got 1.7m plus butra.
  • Pugzilla
    15853 posts World Class
    How did you like/dislike Butra @HeroBent ?
  • HeroBent

I love him. That is why I find it very hard to sell him. He is weak, only got 3* skills and takes a bit of getting used to when playing him. Once u find his style which is pure pace and dribbling he is unstoppable. The no touch dribbling suit him perfectly, and with a bit of space he will score from almost any position. Seen a lot say his finishing is poor but he finishes just about everything for me. Passing sucks, but u do not use him for that anyway.

Average almost two goals a game for me, and for a gamer that is as bad as me that is pretty good :-)

• Shonosuke

I love him. That is why I find it very hard to sell him. He is weak, only got 3* skills and takes a bit of getting used to when playing him. Once u find his style which is pure pace and dribbling he is unstoppable. The no touch dribbling suit him perfectly, and with a bit of space he will score from almost any position. Seen a lot say his finishing is poor but he finishes just about everything for me. Passing sucks, but u do not use him for that anyway.

Average almost two goals a game for me, and for a gamer that is as bad as me that is pretty good :-)

Then just get Best and try them together, Best is a sure pick anyway and you can always sell Butra if they dont work well together
  • HeroBent

Then just get Best and try them together, Best is a sure pick anyway and you can always sell Butra if they dont work well together

Will do that. If it does no work I can use vest at rw/rm and get someone next to butra.

Fair price for best? Anything below 1.45?
  • rblue
    3170 posts National Call-Up

Will do that. If it does no work I can use vest at rw/rm and get someone next to butra.

Fair price for best? Anything below 1.45?

1.4 or below imo.
  • TORZADO
    5159 posts Big Money Move
    Crespo weah
  • P
    7507 posts League Winner
    Kluivert best
  • HeroBent
    TORZADO wrote: »
    Crespo weah

Used to play that in 14. Insane pair ing, and will defo use it at some point. Just need to give these new boys a run first...
  • xFATAL
    4042 posts National Call-Up
    Weah Nedved
  • Glass0nion
    3937 posts National Call-Up
    Kluivert was a beast last year. Prob jusy as good this year
  • Shonosuke
    Glass0nion wrote: »
    Kluivert was a beast last year. Prob jusy as good this year

His finishing is very poor this year
  • JoeAVFC1986
    1160 posts Professional
    Hagi Stoichkov
  • HeroBent
    It will be butra and Best. Will buy today, and give my opinion in about 10 games time.

Thanks all!
  • Archangel x007
    20 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Bergkamp and shevchenko for me works great
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year

• HeroBent
    Agent VZ wrote: »

Most likely an insane pair. Not buying anything with the current prices. If best goes under 1.4 I will get him. If not i will wait and see what happens with the next totw.

• DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    for what ever reason vieri is unreal for me 120 in 60 games so far up top alone
  • HeroBent
    Just played two games with 433 (4) with this top 3

Sterling - butragueno - robben

Damn that was a good top 3. Thought butra needed a strong partner but he got 7 goals in those two games. My mancrush on him did not become any less...