Really unlucky or bad at the game???

Jayzy
474 posts Sunday League Hero
Okay my record is pretty even on wins/losses however since yesterday I've done nothing but loose.
No matter what formation I play, players I use whatever I do my opponents seem to do everything perfectly.

Tackling - why is it my opponent can jockey me perfectly and predict every single little movement I make to tackle me yet my players can't get within 10 yards of my opponent and make a tackle..
I dominate possession and have 14 shots and they'll have 2 shots and score both...
My attacking players make no movement whatsoever yet when my opponents attack their players can move fine.
Passing - my players seem to be unable to make simple passes and control the ball yet my opponents can ping pong pass the ball no problem at all.

I'm tried all types of formations and different players in each position for a number of games and nothing seems to be working at all...
It frustrates me that every person I come up against can defend like a god perfect tackles, jockeying so close to my man yet when I do the same I can't get near them or they seem to send me the wrong way??
I'm pretty sure that my opponents are not all amazing at defending... There must be something they are doing in order to jockey perfect within 1 yard of my player...

Comments

• XxRichiexRichxX
    33747 posts National Team Captain
    Everything you're describing, sounds like the everything I'm experiencing...I think the "perfect jockeying" is more than likely you're opponent allowing the CPU to defend you. But I know what you mean.

When I'm playing those games where it feels like the game is against me there's just nothing I can do, it's unreal. Earlier today I played this guy who had Benzema and I COULD NOT TAKE THE BALL OFF HIM. It was like he had a little bubble around his player and when my CBs went towards him they ran around him as if your striker would when you try to run up on the opposition keeper when the ball in his hand. This dude was walking through my CBs and even though I know where this guy was going to go, my CBs would ignore my user control and not go near him or cut him off. But this ONLY happens to me on FUT, when I play Head to head, the game plays the way it's suppose to and I have no issues.
  • Ch1cha
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well, your problem is that you keep switching your formations and/or players. This game is different from previous titles (duh) and the best way to get used to it is by sticking a formation. I am sure out of all those formations there was atleast one that you did good with, use that one and stick to it.

To jockey, use LT + LT & RT, that's hoe to stay close to your opponent. You have to be able to read and anticipate though otherwise they'll walk straight past you.

As for the possession/shots, that's worth nothing if you can't convert the domination into goals and lose on the counter. There are lots of way you can shoot, but not every shot has a good chance of going in so saying you should have won because you had more shots is stupid. Use finesse shots, they work great this year.

• XxRichiexRichxX
    All I do is jockey with Lt and LT+RT...my problem is my players don't respond or do what they want. Most of the time I know where the guy is going to go but my player refuses to go to where I tell them when I tell them..it's like playing with the awful delay of Pro Clubs last year
  • Almeida
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    99% of the time I never defend myself, if you do it clever enough you control another player and make the computer do the defending for you, for example if a player breaks away 1v1 against my defender, I don't control that defender, if I did I would be done over because I can't defend normally, with practice it makes perfect, my online record is 238-33-54 I know it's not the best record you'll see, but I went through a patch of losing a load of games too
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Almeida wrote: »
    99% of the time I never defend myself, if you do it clever enough you control another player and make the computer do the defending for you, for example if a player breaks away 1v1 against my defender, I don't control that defender, if I did I would be done over because I can't defend normally, with practice it makes perfect, my online record is 238-33-54 I know it's not the best record you'll see, but I went through a patch of losing a load of games too

Lol. This won't go over well with a bunch of forumers
  • Jayzy
    Everything you're describing, sounds like the everything I'm experiencing...I think the "perfect jockeying" is more than likely you're opponent allowing the CPU to defend you. But I know what you mean.

When I'm playing those games where it feels like the game is against me there's just nothing I can do, it's unreal. Earlier today I played this guy who had Benzema and I COULD NOT TAKE THE BALL OFF HIM. It was like he had a little bubble around his player and when my CBs went towards him they ran around him as if your striker would when you try to run up on the opposition keeper when the ball in his hand. This dude was walking through my CBs and even though I know where this guy was going to go, my CBs would ignore my user control and not go near him or cut him off. But this ONLY happens to me on FUT, when I play Head to head, the game plays the way it's suppose to and I have no issues.

Yep exactly the same here mate, head to head I have no problems, maybe I guess I'll ride out the bad luck until it wants me to win haha
  • Shaanxz
    22244 posts Club Captain
    I've gone from 3 seasons in division
    1 too effectively division 4, I was so much better pre patch, but I find the game dumb and tedious
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Jayzy wrote: »

Yep exactly the same here mate, head to head I have no problems, maybe I guess I'll ride out the bad luck until it wants me to win haha

Lol respectable. I can't do it. I'll lose my mind losing to guys that I shouldn't be losing too
  • Richard
    11741 posts Has That Special Something
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    1 too effectively division 4, I was so much better pre patch, but I find the game dumb and tedious

Division 6 right here (from 2). 4 consecutive relegations, and that's not a joke. And then to think I won division 1 many times previous FIFA's. :D
  • Jayzy
    edited October 2015
    Ch1cha wrote: »
    Well, your problem is that you keep switching your formations and/or players. This game is different from previous titles (duh) and the best way to get used to it is by sticking a formation. I am sure out of all those formations there was atleast one that you did good with, use that one and stick to it.

To jockey, use LT + LT & RT, that's hoe to stay close to your opponent. You have to be able to read and anticipate though otherwise they'll walk straight past you.

As for the possession/shots, that's worth nothing if you can't convert the domination into goals and lose on the counter. There are lots of way you can shoot, but not every shot has a good chance of going in so saying you should have won because you had more shots is stupid. Use finesse shots, they work great this year.

Yeah I do use the jockey buttons but it seems each opponent I come up against is perfect and makes no mistakes whereas they just walk past me with ease, even if I try take my time with my plays I always get someone who enjoys the fast paced game and gets more luck than I do haha...

Well most of my shots are on target, the opponents keeper always outplays my keepers, I switch between two formations of 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1 and none seem to work for me at all. I hate wingers as I can't seem to get them involved in the game and ends up leaving my midfield empty all the time. I'm unsure if it's my work rates in midfield the problem but I don't think so. I'll try upload both my teams to show you

Edit my teams;
    13lYVYG.jpg
    HkkMEnP.jpg
  • Shaanxz
    22244 posts Club Captain
    Richard wrote: »

Division 6 right here (from 2). 4 consecutive relegations, and that's not a joke. And then to think I won division 1 many times previous FIFA's. :D

I prefer the game last year, Atleast keepers and auto defense didn't bail
    Out players too often, also passing last year was better, I could string 20/30
    Passes easily
  • Richard
    11741 posts Has That Special Something

Passes easily

Same. I despise the auto defending and goalkeepers in the box. Passing is okay this year, but the through ball has some power and direction issues some times.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Passes easily

Yeah with ridiculous unrealistic blind passes. You can do it this game it just takes a little more time.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

See...watching just the first clip alone, no wonder you miss the FIFA 15 passing... One of the first passes you attempt to make is that unrealistic ping pong blind pass. You're still looking to IMMEDIATELY get the ball into his box so quickly after winning it for that quick counter. Slow it down man. You'll be more successful with the passing

Don't see the issue with line 2 or 3

Assuming 4 is the bad pass...have nothing to say about it...it happens to me often, but at the end of the day I'm ok with it because IRL, I'm not expecting every pass accurate.

And link 5...that was almost 3 bars of power from under 15 yards with the left foot of 3 star weak footed Carvahlio who's got AWFUL shooting stats. I mean face card shooting stat alone is 58. Sure I'd be annoyed if that happened to me but I wouldn't really be surprised when I realized who it was.
  • Shaanxz
    22244 posts Club Captain

See...watching just the first clip alone, no wonder you miss the FIFA 15 passing... One of the first passes you attempt to make is that unrealistic ping pong blind pass. You're still looking to IMMEDIATELY get the ball into his box so quickly after winning it for that quick counter. Slow it down man. You'll be more successful with the passing

Assuming 4 is the bad pass...have nothing to say about it...it happens to me often, but at the end of the day I'm ok with it because IRL, I'm not expecting every pass accurate.

And link 5...that was almost 3 bars of power from under 15 yards with the left foot of 3 star weak footed Carvahlio who's got AWFUL shooting stats. I mean face card shooting stat alone is 58. Sure I'd be annoyed if that happened to me but I wouldn't really be surprised when I realized who it was.

the first one was not a blind pass he was facing my player, you missed the first clip, insigne played a perfect pass whilst sliding on his weaker foot.

clip two the keeper didn't actually touch the ball when he saved it

clip three you're being naive, i positioned brooks perfectly and he let the ball go through him, ' confidence in defending' next joke

issue 4 was the ai is shocking again, i didn't want my fullback to ball watch and tuck in, if i had done that in real life, i would of got my wages docked or put too under 21's, if the fullback didnt ball watch i would of conceded
  • XxRichiexRichxX

the first one was not a blind pass he was facing my player, you missed the first clip, insigne played a perfect pass whilst sliding on his weaker foot.

clip two the keeper didn't actually touch the ball when he saved it

clip three you're being naive, i positioned brooks perfectly and he let the ball go through him, ' confidence in defending' next joke

issue 4 was the ai is shocking again, i didn't want my fullback to ball watch and tuck in, if i had done that in real life, i would of got my wages docked or put too under 21's, if the fullback didnt ball watch i would of conceded

In the first clip I'm referring to your attempt at a blind pass 1 second into the clip. As far as the insigne pass yeah it's unrealistic but I don't see how you can want FIFA 15 passing and not be ok with that because that was worse, as in more accurate, FIFA 15.

Clip 3 did you mean Matip? On that through ball that the other guy scored on. If so that's the kinda stuff I refer to in my thread where my players just refuse to intercept passes, they just let it go, meanwhile my opponent intercepts everything and it doesn't go through them, let alone by them

And as far as 4...yeah AI will never be perfect, but they are better than it was in previous years despite the random hiccups...but it's funny because it seems a lot of people think AI is OP and want the FIFA 15 defending AIs back
  • Ch1cha
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    Never blame yourself, always blame the game. Rule number 1
  • CandyRat
    7819 posts League Winner
    Luck is generated
  • Shaanxz
    22244 posts Club Captain
    Ch1cha wrote: »
    Never blame yourself, always blame the game. Rule number 1

those examples are the game, but i'd never blame ea for everything, i know when its my mistake so on so forth
  • The end realisation for every sane human being is that, at the end of the day, Fifa is a computer game. The same as every other game in existence, one that runs on nothing but code and algorithms that dictate the eventual outcome of any given circumstance. The conflicts online arise as Its very hard to distinguish between events that unfold on the pitch as being down to luck, skill, good judgement/play/decision making etc from your opponent...and good ol' Momentum, Handicap, Scripting etc. The debate will rumble on as long as Fifa exists, irregardless of which camp you sit in, personally, I just play it and try to enjoy it.
  • Blake
    4830 posts National Call-Up
    If you think you're really unlucky all the time , you're almost certainly bad at the game. Obviously there will be moments but for the most part, win,lose, draw, its on you .

A lot of people like to blame the game though