FIFA 16 just as bad as 15

Nufcmattman
26 posts Last Pick at the Park
This edition of Fifa has merely papered over the cracks of last years. The tricks and dribbling is still far too effective. Every game I play is against the same type of player just dribble dribble with the best fastest player game after game. It is so boring. You have failed to improve this game significantly enough. The players reactions defensively and when in possession are just too slow unless your a 'tricking veteran' all players need to do is receive the ball run away do a trick and they're gone. Team pressing is useless against these players as they'll sprint right passed them.

FIFA 13 and 14 were far from perfect but everyone playing theses games played different styles and games were enjoyable.

Comments

• DunB
    864 posts Semi-Pro
    Played a few games in both '15 and '16 yesterday to compare (because I had the same thoughts) and I can confirm: '16 plays EXACTLY like '15 only the pressuring AND referees are worst.

Well done, EA... For a year of 'hard work' there's really no improvement in gameplay.
  • blasé
    767 posts Semi-Pro
    Different playing styles in 13 and 14?! No. 13 was a pace fest and 14 was a pure cross fest.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    People complained in 13 about pace fest then cross fest in 14. I'm pretty sure by Fifa 20 half the people then will be saying how great a game fifa 15 and 16 were
  • mindm4ster
    5250 posts Big Money Move
    wrong

FIFA 15 was better than this garbage
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    wrong

I agree although I'm finally getting my head round how to play 16. At least in 15 it felt like I made most of the mistakes rather than the obvious AI interference present in 16.
  • Nufcmattman
    blasé wrote: »
    Different playing styles in 13 and 14?! No. 13 was a pace fest and 14 was a pure cross fest.

13 could be defended as their responses was far better. The contain button actually worked and 14 had its issues but it was far more enjoyable than 15 and 16. For the record crossing is an integral part of football and a large amount of goals comes from crossing. 15 and 16 is sprint and dribble which is far far far from reality.

13 and 14 also aloowed different styles of play, long balls weren't the order of the day every game. You could play a good passing game, counter or high press. Every game was different and over powered/ used dribbling didn't happen.
  • Nufcmattman
    wrong

Wrong

Both are garbage.
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    don't yall ever get tired of complaining? why don't you stop playing the game completely? It's not the end of the world.
  • blasé
    767 posts Semi-Pro

For the record crossing is an integral part of football and a large amount of goals comes from crossing.

Yea, but not every single cross results in a goal, unlike Fifa 14.

• Tubpac
    1810 posts Play-Off Hero
    Love FIFA 16 compared to 15
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2015
    Fifa 14-15-16 all of them are pretty bad imo, 16 is thr most boring one doe...back in 12 and 13 pace was OP but at least the game used to be fun, people had different play styles , fifa 11 was the special one doe...
  • Nufcmattman
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    don't yall ever get tired of complaining? why don't you stop playing the game completely? It's not the end of the world.

Because football games are the only games I play and when I pay £40-£50 every year I expect it to be a damn site better than what has been dished up the last 2 years.
  • urubuinflamante
    897 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Tubpac wrote: »

• Nufcmattman

For the record crossing is an integral part of football and a large amount of goals comes from crossing.

Yea, but not every single cross results in a goal, unlike Fifa 14.

No but you should be able to score more than 1 in 100! Crossing is so bad in this years you can't even get on the end of crosses never mind score from them.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    wrong
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    11>>>12>>>>>16 >>15 >>>14>13
  • rankon.
    2245 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's improving I feel but the same issues are still apparent in the higher divisions.
  • jackm57
    2427 posts Fans' Favourite
  • Shaanxz
    21916 posts Club Captain
    Prefer 15 Atleast defending actually took skill
  • Nufcmattman
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Prefer 15 Atleast defending actually took skill

Still not good enough though as you could defend brilliantly work hard to get an opening goal and from the kick off they sprint through you and score. Horse shiiiiz.
  • Alboy83
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I prefer this year, more realistic, love the fact they make you work for a goal now, through making sure your passes are correct, finishing etc People that used possession in the last few years will benefit this year for defo, well done EA
  • HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lol

• BenzP7
    8311 posts League Winner
    Tubpac wrote: »

• Keano16
    680 posts Sunday League Hero
    wrong

Im back playing 15, its just way more fun and a whole lot less frustrating
  • FUTJH3
    75 posts Park Captain
    Fifa 14-15-16 all of them are pretty bad imo, 16 is thr most boring one doe...back in 12 and 13 pace was OP but at least the game used to be fun, people had different play styles , fifa 11 was the special one doe...

isit doe
  • Korthan
    2462 posts Fans' Favourite

Er, yes. Every year since 12 FUT has had two or three major exploits. The point is there was more creative freedom in 13 and 14 than in 15 and 16.

By the time 17 comes around I expect every single attacking pass or shoot button to have been totally nerfed, the way things are going.
  • unhappycustomer
    161 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Now I'm in dov 2 I agree. All they do is dribble around. It's like I put the game on to watch some robot human dribble around while he bashes buttons like he's playing mortal combat. Not sure if it was because I was in the lower divs or not but, when the game first came out if felt amazing.. Like a simulation. But now I feel like I'm back on 15 a game I hated.
  • Nufcmattman
    Now I'm in dov 2 I agree. All they do is dribble around. It's like I put the game on to watch some robot human dribble around while he bashes buttons like he's playing mortal combat. Not sure if it was because I was in the lower divs or not but, when the game first came out if felt amazing.. Like a simulation. But now I feel like I'm back on 15 a game I hated.

• Nufcmattman

That's it like, once you get higher up the divisions the competition have ability and know how to exploit the games weakness. In this case overpowered dribble the same as last year. The main problem is in the defensive response rate. If this was better you could stop the dribbling but the constant changing direction means you stop more and are flat footed not being able to get close to them.
  • SoundersAllDay
    1492 posts Play-Off Hero
    14, 15 and 16 have been some of the worst games I've ever played. Three years of downright abysmal game development from EA and we are trying to argue about which one is worse? How bout we all just realize that EA has been pumping out mediocrity and letting us lap it up like a bunch of hungry dumb dogs. I'm sick of it to be honest.