5221 Guide - "The Art of Counter-Attacking"

1235

Comments

  • Kove
    4023 posts National Call-Up
    Why this over the 343, which gives you more options/potent acting players?
  • LawrieC
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2015
    LawrieC wrote: »
    LawrieC wrote: »
    FC Intl wrote: »
    FC Intl wrote: »
    In real life this may not be considered sweaty.
    But in fifa, IMO if you use a team like madrid, bayern or lets just say any top 6 teams in the game and use this formation, then you are a coward. .

    Absolute garbage statement.
    FC Intl wrote: »
    In real life this may not be considered sweaty.
    But in fifa, IMO if you use a team like madrid, bayern or lets just say any top 6 teams in the game and use this formation, then you are a coward. .

    Absolute garbage statement.

    Would be nice if you state why the statement is garbage to help others understand your side, rather than helping your own ego.

    @Maestro Baller

    You said people that use 5atb and high rated teams are "cowards", what needs to be explained to you? It's an idiotic, garbage statement to conflate a certain formation with cowardice. Not sure why you're confused as to the reasoning.

    And, my ego? Get a grip. You're coming here telling long time contributing members/mods they are "cowards" for a petty nonsensical reason. It's your ego that needs to be checked. What is it with you ballboys lately. Try some humility.


    What I said definitely hit you personally. You skipped past the comment that called OP a douche and decided instead to take offense to me saying that I believe it is a coward move to have a formation like this and use madrid against spurs online.

    You must be looking for likes but this isn't facebook.

    It is a complete nonsense statement though. To call someone a "coward" for using a formation in a football video game just exposes the ridiculous weight you place on the value of FIFA in your life. How much do you know about the real world if you think using this formation makes you a "coward"?

    Everyone uses 41212(2) or whatever formation is popular, why are they not cowards? They aren't trying anything different, they are following what people say is the most "op" or "easiest" formations to use. Does this not in fact render them as the "cowards"? (Just to clarify I do not think anyone is a coward for the choices they make in FIFA, was simply putting your argument back on you)

    The formation is fun and adds a different element to the game. It creates passing channels that you don't fully use in 4 or 3 at the back formations. I think you just need to chill out and stop using absurd adjectives/nouns to describe they way people play video games.

    I stopped reading at "How much do you know about the real world".
    When you start comparing the real world with FIFA it shows how far you and people like you will go to try and change a person's opinion. You go as far as bring up a formation that has nothing to do with this thread, the title is 5221 and i made a comment about it and FIFA.

    As for the real world, stop trying to school people you don't know on that, you only know me as a forum poster nothing more.

    Please keep the comments on the formation and your thoughts on its usage or something and stop seeking to comment on comments and how "garbage" they are.

    The reason I brought the real world into it is because it's so pathetically ludicrous to call someone a "coward" based on a video game. Surely you can see that was my point? The bringing up of the other formation was relevant. My point was that you people get way too into associating characteristic traits with how people play a video game. You assign levels of hierarchy based on (such as in this example) the formation people use. It really is pathetic, and I know you'll look back in a few years and realise that it was just silly to get so attached to these values.

    My original comments were on the formation, but then I noticed the avalanche of people taking digs at those who were seeking advice on the formation. There's just no need, and why should you be allowed to do that and then throw a tantrum when someone calls you up on your pathetic nonsense?

    You should have picked out another poster who was harassing people, i wasnt harassing anyone.

    There's nothing wrong with me saying there's a little fear in people who use this formation (I could say the same for one or two more but this is about 5221), maybe the fear is warranted because of how crazy the game can be, I don't know. I think you're the one trying to think too deep, being coward in fifa doesn't necessarily make a person coward in real life. Just as much as calling your street fighter friend coward (cant use the p word) isnt really that serious because he's afraid to ask a girl out but a badass at fighting.

    The only nonsense really is the amount of effort you continue to put in this. Anyone can see that. It's not that serious. But you can continue to conjure up as many big words as you can because maybe it will intimidate someone, just not me.

    Well the multiple use of the word "coward" had connotations of disrespect, so I feel justified in calling it out. It's only now that you are retracting the meanings behind it. Anyone can have fear, doesn't make them a coward. I just think it's a provocative word that when used creates a hierarchy in which you place yourself higher than other gamers just because the other gamers use a certain formation. Like I said, this is a ridiculous idea.

    I'm not "conjuring" any words that aren't appropriate. They are intended to explain rather than intimidate. There's a coward joke to be made here.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Kove wrote: »
    Why this over the 343, which gives you more options/potent acting players?

    Defensive cover. There's a bigger gap between the 3 cb in 3atb compared to 5 atb, so it's harder to play a through ball between them.

    Offensively it's very similar, just need to give the wingbacks a little nudge forward.
  • LawrieC
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    Kove wrote: »
    Why this over the 343, which gives you more options/potent acting players?

    Defensive cover. There's a bigger gap between the 3 cb in 3atb compared to 5 atb, so it's harder to play a through ball between them.

    Offensively it's very similar, just need to give the wingbacks a little nudge forward.

    Yup, Charge down the wing past the LM/RM and then dink over the first wide CB and you have a 2 v 2 in the box. 5221 offers better cover for this as the wing backs will allow the CBs to stay inside.
  • Kove
    4023 posts National Call-Up
    LawrieC wrote: »
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    Kove wrote: »
    Why this over the 343, which gives you more options/potent acting players?

    Defensive cover. There's a bigger gap between the 3 cb in 3atb compared to 5 atb, so it's harder to play a through ball between them.

    Offensively it's very similar, just need to give the wingbacks a little nudge forward.

    Yup, Charge down the wing past the LM/RM and then dink over the first wide CB and you have a 2 v 2 in the box. 5221 offers better cover for this as the wing backs will allow the CBs to stay inside.
    It does make sense, I think the only reason I am reluctant is the style of LM/RM I use is fairly crucial to my game - get the ball out wide and the LM/RM carry the ball and interplay with the CMs and Wingers to create. I am currently using Ox and Kostic - two 4* mids with high physical stats. These sort of players don't really exist as LB/RB outside of Willems and Zungia
  • Maestro Baller
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited October 2015
    LawrieC wrote: »
    LawrieC wrote: »
    LawrieC wrote: »
    FC Intl wrote: »
    FC Intl wrote: »
    In real life this may not be considered sweaty.
    But in fifa, IMO if you use a team like madrid, bayern or lets just say any top 6 teams in the game and use this formation, then you are a coward. .

    Absolute garbage statement.
    FC Intl wrote: »
    In real life this may not be considered sweaty.
    But in fifa, IMO if you use a team like madrid, bayern or lets just say any top 6 teams in the game and use this formation, then you are a coward. .

    Absolute garbage statement.

    Would be nice if you state why the statement is garbage to help others understand your side, rather than helping your own ego.

    @Maestro Baller

    You said people that use 5atb and high rated teams are "cowards", what needs to be explained to you? It's an idiotic, garbage statement to conflate a certain formation with cowardice. Not sure why you're confused as to the reasoning.

    And, my ego? Get a grip. You're coming here telling long time contributing members/mods they are "cowards" for a petty nonsensical reason. It's your ego that needs to be checked. What is it with you ballboys lately. Try some humility.


    What I said definitely hit you personally. You skipped past the comment that called OP a douche and decided instead to take offense to me saying that I believe it is a coward move to have a formation like this and use madrid against spurs online.

    You must be looking for likes but this isn't facebook.

    It is a complete nonsense statement though. To call someone a "coward" for using a formation in a football video game just exposes the ridiculous weight you place on the value of FIFA in your life. How much do you know about the real world if you think using this formation makes you a "coward"?

    Everyone uses 41212(2) or whatever formation is popular, why are they not cowards? They aren't trying anything different, they are following what people say is the most "op" or "easiest" formations to use. Does this not in fact render them as the "cowards"? (Just to clarify I do not think anyone is a coward for the choices they make in FIFA, was simply putting your argument back on you)

    The formation is fun and adds a different element to the game. It creates passing channels that you don't fully use in 4 or 3 at the back formations. I think you just need to chill out and stop using absurd adjectives/nouns to describe they way people play video games.

    I stopped reading at "How much do you know about the real world".
    When you start comparing the real world with FIFA it shows how far you and people like you will go to try and change a person's opinion. You go as far as bring up a formation that has nothing to do with this thread, the title is 5221 and i made a comment about it and FIFA.

    As for the real world, stop trying to school people you don't know on that, you only know me as a forum poster nothing more.

    Please keep the comments on the formation and your thoughts on its usage or something and stop seeking to comment on comments and how "garbage" they are.

    The reason I brought the real world into it is because it's so pathetically ludicrous to call someone a "coward" based on a video game. Surely you can see that was my point? The bringing up of the other formation was relevant. My point was that you people get way too into associating characteristic traits with how people play a video game. You assign levels of hierarchy based on (such as in this example) the formation people use. It really is pathetic, and I know you'll look back in a few years and realise that it was just silly to get so attached to these values.

    My original comments were on the formation, but then I noticed the avalanche of people taking digs at those who were seeking advice on the formation. There's just no need, and why should you be allowed to do that and then throw a tantrum when someone calls you up on your pathetic nonsense?

    You should have picked out another poster who was harassing people, i wasnt harassing anyone.

    There's nothing wrong with me saying there's a little fear in people who use this formation (I could say the same for one or two more but this is about 5221), maybe the fear is warranted because of how crazy the game can be, I don't know. I think you're the one trying to think too deep, being coward in fifa doesn't necessarily make a person coward in real life. Just as much as calling your street fighter friend coward (cant use the p word) isnt really that serious because he's afraid to ask a girl out but a badass at fighting.

    The only nonsense really is the amount of effort you continue to put in this. Anyone can see that. It's not that serious. But you can continue to conjure up as many big words as you can because maybe it will intimidate someone, just not me.

    Well the multiple use of the word "coward" had connotations of disrespect, so I feel justified in calling it out. It's only now that you are retracting the meanings behind it. Anyone can have fear, doesn't make them a coward. I just think it's a provocative word that when used creates a hierarchy in which you place yourself higher than other gamers just because the other gamers use a certain formation. Like I said, this is a ridiculous idea.

    I'm not "conjuring" any words that aren't appropriate. They are intended to explain rather than intimidate. There's a coward joke to be made here.

    Well you are definitely hurt because you probably use the formation and deep down believe me. Anyone who feels no personal feeling of guilt about what i said wouldn't reply more than twice to me.
    Post edited by Maestro Baller on
  • LawrieC
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    LawrieC wrote: »
    LawrieC wrote: »
    LawrieC wrote: »
    FC Intl wrote: »
    FC Intl wrote: »
    In real life this may not be considered sweaty.
    But in fifa, IMO if you use a team like madrid, bayern or lets just say any top 6 teams in the game and use this formation, then you are a coward. .

    Absolute garbage statement.
    FC Intl wrote: »
    In real life this may not be considered sweaty.
    But in fifa, IMO if you use a team like madrid, bayern or lets just say any top 6 teams in the game and use this formation, then you are a coward. .

    Absolute garbage statement.

    Would be nice if you state why the statement is garbage to help others understand your side, rather than helping your own ego.

    @Maestro Baller

    You said people that use 5atb and high rated teams are "cowards", what needs to be explained to you? It's an idiotic, garbage statement to conflate a certain formation with cowardice. Not sure why you're confused as to the reasoning.

    And, my ego? Get a grip. You're coming here telling long time contributing members/mods they are "cowards" for a petty nonsensical reason. It's your ego that needs to be checked. What is it with you ballboys lately. Try some humility.


    What I said definitely hit you personally. You skipped past the comment that called OP a douche and decided instead to take offense to me saying that I believe it is a coward move to have a formation like this and use madrid against spurs online.

    You must be looking for likes but this isn't facebook.

    It is a complete nonsense statement though. To call someone a "coward" for using a formation in a football video game just exposes the ridiculous weight you place on the value of FIFA in your life. How much do you know about the real world if you think using this formation makes you a "coward"?

    Everyone uses 41212(2) or whatever formation is popular, why are they not cowards? They aren't trying anything different, they are following what people say is the most "op" or "easiest" formations to use. Does this not in fact render them as the "cowards"? (Just to clarify I do not think anyone is a coward for the choices they make in FIFA, was simply putting your argument back on you)

    The formation is fun and adds a different element to the game. It creates passing channels that you don't fully use in 4 or 3 at the back formations. I think you just need to chill out and stop using absurd adjectives/nouns to describe they way people play video games.

    I stopped reading at "How much do you know about the real world".
    When you start comparing the real world with FIFA it shows how far you and people like you will go to try and change a person's opinion. You go as far as bring up a formation that has nothing to do with this thread, the title is 5221 and i made a comment about it and FIFA.

    As for the real world, stop trying to school people you don't know on that, you only know me as a forum poster nothing more.

    Please keep the comments on the formation and your thoughts on its usage or something and stop seeking to comment on comments and how "garbage" they are.

    The reason I brought the real world into it is because it's so pathetically ludicrous to call someone a "coward" based on a video game. Surely you can see that was my point? The bringing up of the other formation was relevant. My point was that you people get way too into associating characteristic traits with how people play a video game. You assign levels of hierarchy based on (such as in this example) the formation people use. It really is pathetic, and I know you'll look back in a few years and realise that it was just silly to get so attached to these values.

    My original comments were on the formation, but then I noticed the avalanche of people taking digs at those who were seeking advice on the formation. There's just no need, and why should you be allowed to do that and then throw a tantrum when someone calls you up on your pathetic nonsense?

    You should have picked out another poster who was harassing people, i wasnt harassing anyone.

    There's nothing wrong with me saying there's a little fear in people who use this formation (I could say the same for one or two more but this is about 5221), maybe the fear is warranted because of how crazy the game can be, I don't know. I think you're the one trying to think too deep, being coward in fifa doesn't necessarily make a person coward in real life. Just as much as calling your street fighter friend coward (cant use the p word) isnt really that serious because he's afraid to ask a girl out but a badass at fighting.

    The only nonsense really is the amount of effort you continue to put in this. Anyone can see that. It's not that serious. But you can continue to conjure up as many big words as you can because maybe it will intimidate someone, just not me.

    Well the multiple use of the word "coward" had connotations of disrespect, so I feel justified in calling it out. It's only now that you are retracting the meanings behind it. Anyone can have fear, doesn't make them a coward. I just think it's a provocative word that when used creates a hierarchy in which you place yourself higher than other gamers just because the other gamers use a certain formation. Like I said, this is a ridiculous idea.

    I'm not "conjuring" any words that aren't appropriate. They are intended to explain rather than intimidate. There's a coward joke to be made here.

    Well you are definitely hurt because you probably use the formation and deep down believe me. Anyone who feels no personal feeling of guilt about what i said wouldn't reply more than twice to me.

    Well, you kept replying to me so I saw no reason to end the discussion, because you kept coming out with silly ideas

    . I recently switched from the "op" 41212(2) to 4231, so no I amen't currently using the formation. However, I would have no problem in trying it out on UT. I have switched to it a couple of times in career mode; Stoke City needed to hold that 1 goal V Chelsea B)
  • eJousie
    733 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2015
    Guide made me curious enough to build some teams on FUTBIN but damn, this one is hard to hybrid with high end players.

    Anyone came up with some decent hybrids? With everybody on full chem that is?

    Also @Chris , what kind of midfielders do you suggest besides the one you named already. Would you go with more defensive style players like your typical CDM's with M/H workrates or more allrounders with H/H workrates and good allround stats (like Vidal, maybe even Pogba)
  • JoeAVFC1986
    1160 posts Professional
    H/H workrates work brilliant, although I have mine set to stay back when attacking to provide more protection through the middle.
    I also tweaked the front 3 to get in behind and counter attacks are quite frightening, I use a front 3 of sterling, owen and walcott and probably get around 6 one on ones per match.
  • MeteGelo
    77 posts Park Captain
    edited November 2015
    delete
    Post edited by MeteGelo on
  • Danic123
    2478 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm currently using this formation online. It works a dream but I have to say it's tougher playing the CPU with this as opposed to other formations. I've yet to find a formation that has perfect balance.

    As for it being a purely counter attack tactic, I have more possession than my opponent every game. Have team width to 100 in the tactics and you really stretch the opposition with the full backs, who I set to overlap.

    Because I have the full backs to overlap though I make sure I have pacey CB's at RCB & LCB & a strong and dominant one in the centre. Slight variations. As with any formation, you can make it into whatever you like.

    Reason I like to play this is that with formations with defensive mids seem to be pointless at times as the DM bombs up and leaves my two CB alone when teams counter. Of course, I could alter by keeping the two full backs to stay back, but that then has me keeping 4 back as opposed to 3 - this formation for the way I play is actually more attacking!
  • CrashDavus
    2245 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think I might give this a shot.
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    3938 posts National Call-Up
    Hi I have started playing FIFA 16 recently and last played fifa 14. The 5221 formation was my favourite then and I am enjoying it but i am struggling with high pressure oppenents. I always play bundesliga and was wondering what team you think I should play with. I have been playing with gundogan and Castro in the middle but think I may need a bit more steel like vidal/boateng ? also do you go defensive from the start with counter attacking on? Also amybody got any decent custom tactics/ player instructions? Thanks great guide by the way
  • CFC-shazaam
    6327 posts Big Money Move
    ngl i feel tempted to try this
  • Andy99TradeZ
    14057 posts Has That Special Something
    hey mate great guide, really helpful!!

    would this team be alright?

    neymar shearer robben
    effenberg vidal
    marcelo alaba
    ramo if martinez boateng
    neuer

    cheers
  • Milan14
    490 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Who would you recommend as the best wing backs for the serie a?
  • Getbanged_2015
    306 posts Sunday League Hero
    Best serie a trio?
  • Rinoa
    997 posts Professional
    Got to love these guides for 5atb formations. I guess someone has to make guides for people who can't play Fifa :D
  • III GUY III
    760 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 2016
    Rinoa wrote: »
    Got to love these guides for 5atb formations. I guess someone has to make guides for people who can't play Fifa :D

    I dislike 5 atb formations but I'm curious, did you ever write a formation guide?
    Post edited by III GUY III on
  • Mdionne415
    1146 posts Professional
    @LawrieC wow, you're a first-class ****! Your "friends" ( I'm sure not many) and family must love you. It's game LOSER!
  • rere
    44 posts Park Captain
    edited July 2016
    5atb.jpg

    what do you think any suggestions on this formation @Chris
  • PelzyWelzy
    9469 posts League Winner
    Every single time, without fail, that I've come up against this formation I've struggled and ultimately been hammered.

    As the game is all but dead for me now going to give it a go myself, see what all the fuss is about.

    Feel dirty as hell.
  • yahyeshukri
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    well i'm going to exploit this in fifa 17 mate, haha thanks for the info bro!
Sign In or Register to comment.