5221 Guide - "The Art of Counter-Attacking"

Comments

  • LawrieC
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    FC Intl wrote: »
    FC Intl wrote: »
    In real life this may not be considered sweaty.
    But in fifa, IMO if you use a team like madrid, bayern or lets just say any top 6 teams in the game and use this formation, then you are a coward. .

    Absolute garbage statement.
    FC Intl wrote: »
    In real life this may not be considered sweaty.
    But in fifa, IMO if you use a team like madrid, bayern or lets just say any top 6 teams in the game and use this formation, then you are a coward. .

    Absolute garbage statement.

    Would be nice if you state why the statement is garbage to help others understand your side, rather than helping your own ego.

    @Maestro Baller

    You said people that use 5atb and high rated teams are "cowards", what needs to be explained to you? It's an idiotic, garbage statement to conflate a certain formation with cowardice. Not sure why you're confused as to the reasoning.

    And, my ego? Get a grip. You're coming here telling long time contributing members/mods they are "cowards" for a petty nonsensical reason. It's your ego that needs to be checked. What is it with you ballboys lately. Try some humility.


    What I said definitely hit you personally. You skipped past the comment that called OP a douche and decided instead to take offense to me saying that I believe it is a coward move to have a formation like this and use madrid against spurs online.

    You must be looking for likes but this isn't facebook.

    It is a complete nonsense statement though. To call someone a "coward" for using a formation in a football video game just exposes the ridiculous weight you place on the value of FIFA in your life. How much do you know about the real world if you think using this formation makes you a "coward"?

    Everyone uses 41212(2) or whatever formation is popular, why are they not cowards? They aren't trying anything different, they are following what people say is the most "op" or "easiest" formations to use. Does this not in fact render them as the "cowards"? (Just to clarify I do not think anyone is a coward for the choices they make in FIFA, was simply putting your argument back on you)

    The formation is fun and adds a different element to the game. It creates passing channels that you don't fully use in 4 or 3 at the back formations. I think you just need to chill out and stop using absurd adjectives/nouns to describe they way people play video games.
  • Maestro Baller
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited October 2015
    LawrieC wrote: »
    FC Intl wrote: »
    FC Intl wrote: »
    In real life this may not be considered sweaty.
    But in fifa, IMO if you use a team like madrid, bayern or lets just say any top 6 teams in the game and use this formation, then you are a coward. .

    Absolute garbage statement.
    FC Intl wrote: »
    In real life this may not be considered sweaty.
    But in fifa, IMO if you use a team like madrid, bayern or lets just say any top 6 teams in the game and use this formation, then you are a coward. .

    Absolute garbage statement.

    Would be nice if you state why the statement is garbage to help others understand your side, rather than helping your own ego.

    @Maestro Baller

    You said people that use 5atb and high rated teams are "cowards", what needs to be explained to you? It's an idiotic, garbage statement to conflate a certain formation with cowardice. Not sure why you're confused as to the reasoning.

    And, my ego? Get a grip. You're coming here telling long time contributing members/mods they are "cowards" for a petty nonsensical reason. It's your ego that needs to be checked. What is it with you ballboys lately. Try some humility.


    What I said definitely hit you personally. You skipped past the comment that called OP a douche and decided instead to take offense to me saying that I believe it is a coward move to have a formation like this and use madrid against spurs online.

    You must be looking for likes but this isn't facebook.

    It is a complete nonsense statement though. To call someone a "coward" for using a formation in a football video game just exposes the ridiculous weight you place on the value of FIFA in your life. How much do you know about the real world if you think using this formation makes you a "coward"?

    Everyone uses 41212(2) or whatever formation is popular, why are they not cowards? They aren't trying anything different, they are following what people say is the most "op" or "easiest" formations to use. Does this not in fact render them as the "cowards"? (Just to clarify I do not think anyone is a coward for the choices they make in FIFA, was simply putting your argument back on you)

    The formation is fun and adds a different element to the game. It creates passing channels that you don't fully use in 4 or 3 at the back formations. I think you just need to chill out and stop using absurd adjectives/nouns to describe they way people play video games.

    I stopped reading at "How much do you know about the real world".
    When you start comparing the real world with FIFA it shows how far you and people like you will go to try and change a person's opinion. You go as far as bring up a formation that has nothing to do with this thread, the title is 5221 and i made a comment about it and FIFA.

    As for the real world, stop trying to school people you don't know on that, you only know me as a forum poster nothing more.

    Please keep the comments on the formation and your thoughts on its usage or something and stop seeking to comment on comments and how "garbage" they are.
  • Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    edited October 2015
    Got it in draft and thought why not
    2ef6dc5.jpg :naughty:

    Just turn your pc screen around and you'll be fine
  • BlitzersNL
    24333 posts Club Captain
    Terminator wrote: »
    Got it in draft and thought why not
    2ef6dc5.jpg :naughty:

    Your whole world is upside down
  • Chris
    5400 posts Big Money Move
    Thats an awesome team - enjoy
  • maksi
    6603 posts Big Money Move
    are you living in australia
  • SremmLife
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Chris wrote: »

    I dont bother with that stuff but yeah

    I also put the team on defensive

    I also have 2 teams with a 5-2-2-1 formation but I put the team on Ultra Attacking.

    works like a charm.
  • Chris
    5400 posts Big Money Move
    I've started to try and just play direct attacking football when coming up against weaker sides

    The counter attacking guide for me works best in gne higher divisions
  • SaifR
    12842 posts Has That Special Something
    Liking the images.
  • JoeAVFC1986
    1160 posts Professional
    What legend striker would you use in this formation?
  • Blake
    4830 posts National Call-Up
    Really?
  • Chris
    5400 posts Big Money Move
    What legend striker would you use in this formation?

    The only legend striker I've used is Shevchenko, and he was awesome, but that was last FIFA

    Judging by the stats. I'd probably say anyone besides Bierhoff and Shearer would be a good option. These two just aren't quick enough to effectively counter attack quickly
  • Chris
    5400 posts Big Money Move
    Blake wrote: »
    Really?

    Really what @Blake ?
  • Blake
    4830 posts National Call-Up
    Chris wrote: »
    Blake wrote: »
    Really?

    Really what @Blake ?

    The formation is rancid, just don't see how anyone could have fun using it
  • The Humanoid Typhoon
    2941 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2015
    SremmLife wrote: »
    Chris wrote: »

    I dont bother with that stuff but yeah

    I also put the team on defensive

    I also have 2 teams with a 5-2-2-1 formation but I put the team on Ultra Attacking.

    works like a charm.

    I do this with 3-4-3, was considering trying 5-2-2-1, aren't these two formations suppose to be pretty similar?
  • Chris
    5400 posts Big Money Move
    Blake wrote: »
    Chris wrote: »
    Blake wrote: »
    Really?

    Really what @Blake ?

    The formation is rancid, just don't see how anyone could have fun using it

    Not rancid at all lol

    You just don't know how to play with it properly
  • Blake
    4830 posts National Call-Up
    Chris wrote: »
    Blake wrote: »
    Chris wrote: »
    Blake wrote: »
    Really?

    Really what @Blake ?

    The formation is rancid, just don't see how anyone could have fun using it

    Not rancid at all lol

    You just don't know how to play with it properly

    well no, I'd never use it so it's not that at all
  • Chris
    5400 posts Big Money Move
    Blake wrote: »
    Chris wrote: »
    Blake wrote: »
    Chris wrote: »
    Blake wrote: »
    Really?

    Really what @Blake ?

    The formation is rancid, just don't see how anyone could have fun using it

    Not rancid at all lol

    You just don't know how to play with it properly

    well no, I'd never use it so it's not that at all

    Then why do you think its rancid?
  • Chris
    5400 posts Big Money Move
    BlitzersNL wrote: »
    Will use it sometime for sure. Can't say anything about it as I never used it before. So for people saying you are rubbish for using it, try before saying anything negative.

  • Blake wrote: »
    Chris wrote: »
    Blake wrote: »
    Chris wrote: »
    Blake wrote: »
    Chris wrote: »
    Blake wrote: »
    Really?

    Really what @Blake ?

    The formation is rancid, just don't see how anyone could have fun using it

    Not rancid at all lol

    You just don't know how to play with it properly

    well no, I'd never use it so it's not that at all

    Then why do you think its rancid?

    To play against, It's defensive as **** and so negative. Typically people that use it are bad players who play for draws/penalties. I despise it. It's almost as bad as PTB.

    I think people that use 5atb despite all the other choices of formation on the game are the worst kinds of people
    I didn't know that's how others felt about this formation.
    I'm going to use this formation just to **** people off, thanks.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Officially my new favorite formation :)

    After bouncing back and forth between div6 and 7, and starting a new season in div6 with 0-2-3 record, I changed to 5221 (and also a bit 5212 which didn't work as well) and won 4 drawn won, plus a few wins in online games. In general since changing to 5atb my record is 12-1-1.

    Although I have to disagree that this is purely a counter attacking formation. It's very easy to hold the ball if you use you wingbacks, I averaged above 55% possession in almost every game. It basically plays like I'd expect 433(2) to play. The wingbacks push forward while the CDM stays back and plays like a 3rd CB. once you get the ball to your wingers there's basically no difference between this and any other 433 formation, assuming of course you're using attacking CMs.
  • Chris
    5400 posts Big Money Move
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    Officially my new favorite formation :)

    After bouncing back and forth between div6 and 7, and starting a new season in div6 with 0-2-3 record, I changed to 5221 (and also a bit 5212 which didn't work as well) and won 4 drawn won, plus a few wins in online games. In general since changing to 5atb my record is 12-1-1.

    Although I have to disagree that this is purely a counter attacking formation. It's very easy to hold the ball if you use you wingbacks, I averaged above 55% possession in almost every game. It basically plays like I'd expect 433(2) to play. The wingbacks push forward while the CDM stays back and plays like a 3rd CB. once you get the ball to your wingers there's basically no difference between this and any other 433 formation, assuming of course you're using attacking CMs.

    Yeah I agree with on the counter attacking bit. Really, this formation is good at counter attacking while playing stronger teams / better players. However, when you have an advantage team wise, this formation can be good at player pretty direct attacking football too

    I'll probably add that to my guide later on
  • LawrieC
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2015
    LawrieC wrote: »
    FC Intl wrote: »
    FC Intl wrote: »
    In real life this may not be considered sweaty.
    But in fifa, IMO if you use a team like madrid, bayern or lets just say any top 6 teams in the game and use this formation, then you are a coward. .

    Absolute garbage statement.
    FC Intl wrote: »
    In real life this may not be considered sweaty.
    But in fifa, IMO if you use a team like madrid, bayern or lets just say any top 6 teams in the game and use this formation, then you are a coward. .

    Absolute garbage statement.

    Would be nice if you state why the statement is garbage to help others understand your side, rather than helping your own ego.

    @Maestro Baller

    You said people that use 5atb and high rated teams are "cowards", what needs to be explained to you? It's an idiotic, garbage statement to conflate a certain formation with cowardice. Not sure why you're confused as to the reasoning.

    And, my ego? Get a grip. You're coming here telling long time contributing members/mods they are "cowards" for a petty nonsensical reason. It's your ego that needs to be checked. What is it with you ballboys lately. Try some humility.


    What I said definitely hit you personally. You skipped past the comment that called OP a douche and decided instead to take offense to me saying that I believe it is a coward move to have a formation like this and use madrid against spurs online.

    You must be looking for likes but this isn't facebook.

    It is a complete nonsense statement though. To call someone a "coward" for using a formation in a football video game just exposes the ridiculous weight you place on the value of FIFA in your life. How much do you know about the real world if you think using this formation makes you a "coward"?

    Everyone uses 41212(2) or whatever formation is popular, why are they not cowards? They aren't trying anything different, they are following what people say is the most "op" or "easiest" formations to use. Does this not in fact render them as the "cowards"? (Just to clarify I do not think anyone is a coward for the choices they make in FIFA, was simply putting your argument back on you)

    The formation is fun and adds a different element to the game. It creates passing channels that you don't fully use in 4 or 3 at the back formations. I think you just need to chill out and stop using absurd adjectives/nouns to describe they way people play video games.

    I stopped reading at "How much do you know about the real world".
    When you start comparing the real world with FIFA it shows how far you and people like you will go to try and change a person's opinion. You go as far as bring up a formation that has nothing to do with this thread, the title is 5221 and i made a comment about it and FIFA.

    As for the real world, stop trying to school people you don't know on that, you only know me as a forum poster nothing more.

    Please keep the comments on the formation and your thoughts on its usage or something and stop seeking to comment on comments and how "garbage" they are.

    The reason I brought the real world into it is because it's so pathetically ludicrous to call someone a "coward" based on a video game. Surely you can see that was my point? The bringing up of the other formation was relevant. My point was that you people get way too into associating characteristic traits with how people play a video game. You assign levels of hierarchy based on (such as in this example) the formation people use. It really is pathetic, and I know you'll look back in a few years and realise that it was just silly to get so attached to these values.

    My original comments were on the formation, but then I noticed the avalanche of people taking digs at those who were seeking advice on the formation. There's just no need, and why should you be allowed to do that and then throw a tantrum when someone calls you up on your pathetic nonsense?
  • PezMan123
    859 posts An Exciting Prospect
    terrible formation since fifa 14, you will never have the ball and its hard to win it back, most boring gameplay possible.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    PezMan123 wrote: »
    terrible formation since fifa 14, you will never have the ball and its hard to win it back, most boring gameplay possible.

    Either you never used it or you don't know how.
  • PezMan123
    859 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    PezMan123 wrote: »
    terrible formation since fifa 14, you will never have the ball and its hard to win it back, most boring gameplay possible.

    Either you never used it or you don't know how.

    i loved it in 11-14, was awesome, last 2 fifas its changed, cbs arent as organised and full backs dont get involved. the 2 cm get swarmed and run over in midfield and the front 3 get isolated.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    PezMan123 wrote: »
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    PezMan123 wrote: »
    terrible formation since fifa 14, you will never have the ball and its hard to win it back, most boring gameplay possible.

    Either you never used it or you don't know how.

    i loved it in 11-14, was awesome, last 2 fifas its changed, cbs arent as organised and full backs dont get involved. the 2 cm get swarmed and run over in midfield and the front 3 get isolated.

    Not from my experience. CBs play as one unit with very little space between them, almost impossible to get through the middle, and you have the luxury of letting one of them push forward to take the ball.

    Build up doesn't seem to be very hard, but you may need to get the wingbacks involved manually. You get pressed you can change flanks and you get the wingback, winger and one CM with a lot of space, attacking feels like you're playing 433.
  • JoeAVFC1986
    1160 posts Professional
    May run this with reus aubamayang bale as the front 3,
  • Maestro Baller
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    LawrieC wrote: »
    LawrieC wrote: »
    FC Intl wrote: »
    FC Intl wrote: »
    In real life this may not be considered sweaty.
    But in fifa, IMO if you use a team like madrid, bayern or lets just say any top 6 teams in the game and use this formation, then you are a coward. .

    Absolute garbage statement.
    FC Intl wrote: »
    In real life this may not be considered sweaty.
    But in fifa, IMO if you use a team like madrid, bayern or lets just say any top 6 teams in the game and use this formation, then you are a coward. .

    Absolute garbage statement.

    Would be nice if you state why the statement is garbage to help others understand your side, rather than helping your own ego.

    @Maestro Baller

    You said people that use 5atb and high rated teams are "cowards", what needs to be explained to you? It's an idiotic, garbage statement to conflate a certain formation with cowardice. Not sure why you're confused as to the reasoning.

    And, my ego? Get a grip. You're coming here telling long time contributing members/mods they are "cowards" for a petty nonsensical reason. It's your ego that needs to be checked. What is it with you ballboys lately. Try some humility.


    What I said definitely hit you personally. You skipped past the comment that called OP a douche and decided instead to take offense to me saying that I believe it is a coward move to have a formation like this and use madrid against spurs online.

    You must be looking for likes but this isn't facebook.

    It is a complete nonsense statement though. To call someone a "coward" for using a formation in a football video game just exposes the ridiculous weight you place on the value of FIFA in your life. How much do you know about the real world if you think using this formation makes you a "coward"?

    Everyone uses 41212(2) or whatever formation is popular, why are they not cowards? They aren't trying anything different, they are following what people say is the most "op" or "easiest" formations to use. Does this not in fact render them as the "cowards"? (Just to clarify I do not think anyone is a coward for the choices they make in FIFA, was simply putting your argument back on you)

    The formation is fun and adds a different element to the game. It creates passing channels that you don't fully use in 4 or 3 at the back formations. I think you just need to chill out and stop using absurd adjectives/nouns to describe they way people play video games.

    I stopped reading at "How much do you know about the real world".
    When you start comparing the real world with FIFA it shows how far you and people like you will go to try and change a person's opinion. You go as far as bring up a formation that has nothing to do with this thread, the title is 5221 and i made a comment about it and FIFA.

    As for the real world, stop trying to school people you don't know on that, you only know me as a forum poster nothing more.

    Please keep the comments on the formation and your thoughts on its usage or something and stop seeking to comment on comments and how "garbage" they are.

    The reason I brought the real world into it is because it's so pathetically ludicrous to call someone a "coward" based on a video game. Surely you can see that was my point? The bringing up of the other formation was relevant. My point was that you people get way too into associating characteristic traits with how people play a video game. You assign levels of hierarchy based on (such as in this example) the formation people use. It really is pathetic, and I know you'll look back in a few years and realise that it was just silly to get so attached to these values.

    My original comments were on the formation, but then I noticed the avalanche of people taking digs at those who were seeking advice on the formation. There's just no need, and why should you be allowed to do that and then throw a tantrum when someone calls you up on your pathetic nonsense?

    You should have picked out another poster who was harassing people, i wasnt harassing anyone.

    There's nothing wrong with me saying there's a little fear in people who use this formation (I could say the same for one or two more but this is about 5221), maybe the fear is warranted because of how crazy the game can be, I don't know. I think you're the one trying to think too deep, being coward in fifa doesn't necessarily make a person coward in real life. Just as much as calling your street fighter friend coward (cant use the p word) isnt really that serious because he's afraid to ask a girl out but a badass at fighting.

    The only nonsense really is the amount of effort you continue to put in this. Anyone can see that. It's not that serious. But you can continue to conjure up as many big words as you can because maybe it will intimidate someone, just not me.
  • JoeAVFC1986
    1160 posts Professional
    built this which seems to fit the criteria, going to test it tomorrow

    930b7e888f4979ae5f9bc3414e447dac.png

    my only worry is that owen will be too weak but hopefully his pace and movement will make up for it
Sign In or Register to comment.