Question About Ratings

Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
I'll never understand how ratings are calculated. Look at this comparison and tell me why Ramsey is rated higher than Fernandinho?

http://www.futhead.com/15/players/1065/aaron-ramsey/compare/14-1068/

Ramsey is only notably better at finishing (more relevant to strikers than CMs), heading acc (both are rubbish here though anyway), penalties (surely irrelevant to rating), and positioning (an attacking stat - unclear how relevant this is to a CM).

Fernandinho bosses him on the physicals, he has fractional better passing and dribbling, aggression, interceptions, vision, you name it. Everything you would think most relevant to a CM, Fernandinho shades it on - yet Ramsey is rated 1 higher. Why?

(Disclaimer 1: Please don't reply with the normal cliché 'OVRs don't matter it's all about individual stat' because I already KNOW that, hence why I was doing the comparison in the first place - which proves it if anything. I would just like to know why or how Ramsey is given the higher rating here?)

(Disclaimer 2: Don't tell that Ramsey is the better player in real life and thus deserves the higher rating, that's possibly true but that's not what I'm talking about here.)

Comments

• Bevan
    1738 posts Play-Off Hero
    If I had an answer I'd give it to you. It does my head in too.
  • AIeks
    4972 posts National Call-Up
    There is ig stats that matter more for a CM. I did not go through all of them, but remember when Mario Gomez was 86 rated and his stats were awful. On the card that is. His IG stats didnt exactly set the world on fire, but in the end more or less justified his rating.

Also you have to remeber that EA decides the rating to a degree. It's not just stats. IF's and MOTM cards are a good example.
  • The Zodiac
    148 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Rating based on player popularity IMO
  • Stretch
    497 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited April 2015

Your right, I heard there was an extra stat called, international recognition(I think that's what it's called)
    so for example Ronny messi Rooney get the most for this,
    So I can only assume Ramsey is more well known than Fernandinho
    This info is apparently on an external website, and can't be found in the game,
    I read this just before FIFA 15 came out, Al try find it again and post the link here
  • l_TheDren_l
    566 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 2015
    i remember that there was a thread in the old forum that had the values for each position
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    Stretch wrote: »
    Your right, I heard there was an extra stat called, international recognition(I think that's what it's called)
    so for example Ronny messi Rooney get the most for this,
    So I can only assume Ramsey is more well known than Fernandinho

Ramsey and Fernandinho both had 3* international reputation at release, so that shouldn't make a difference.

Physical stats don't contribute as much as most skill/mental stats. Fernandinho has 30 higher total in-game physical stats, whereas Ramsey has 8 higher total in-game skill/mental stats. I'm sure they are both very close in overall without rounding, and a few points here or there could make either an 82 or 83.
  • l_TheDren_l
    566 posts Sunday League Hero
    Central Midfielders (LCM/CM/RCM)

Short Pass 0.15
    Long Pass 0.13
    Vision 0.12
    Ball Control 0.10
    Dribbling 0.09
    Reactions 0.08
    Interceptions 0.08
    Attack Positioning 0.08
    Standing Tackle 0.06
    Stamina 0.06
    Long Shots 0.05

source:
    http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/0/2153391.page
  • I am Beast FC
    700 posts Sunday League Hero

There is a formula.
  • Stretch

Here is the link to the page that tells you each players international reputation although they both have the same so I'm not sure why the ratings are different

Ramsey
    http://sofifa.com/player/186561?hl=en-GB
    Fernandinho
    http://sofifa.com/player/135507?hl=en-GB

Source sofifa.com
  • Stretch
    According to that site Ramsey is an 82 with a potential rating of 86
    Although Fernandinhos rating is 81 with a potential of 81
    Not sure how that's worked out, but the answer might be there somewhere if you have the time to check it out, if you do find out let us know, if not I will have a look later and post
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Central Midfielders (LCM/CM/RCM)

Short Pass 0.15
    • Fernandinho +1
    Long Pass 0.13
    • even
    Vision 0.12
    • Fernandinho +3
    Ball Control 0.10
    • Fernandinho +1
    Dribbling 0.09
    • even
    Reactions 0.08
    • Fernandinho +1
    Interceptions 0.08
    • Fernandinho +9
    Attack Positioning 0.08
    • Ramsey +16
    Standing Tackle 0.06
    • Ramsey +1
    Stamina 0.06
    • Ramsey +11
    Long Shots 0.05
    • Fernandinho +3

source:
    http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/0/2153391.page

That positioning and stamina has a lot to answer for then I guess!