EA is doing what is right about packs weight!

llukslive
156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
The FUT mode is meant to be played through out the year by taking the time to build the team from bronze up. Since FUT came out, people have complained that it is pay to win and EA have finally fixed this issue and made it fair for those who don't want to spend the cash and actually play the game.
EA isn't forcing you to spend the $$ so quit QQing or stick with regular seasons.

Comments

• Williejno1
    3084 posts National Call-Up
    llukslive wrote: »
    The FUT mode is meant to be played through out the year by taking the time to build the team from bronze up. Since FUT came out, people have complained that it is pay to win and EA have finally fixed this issue and made it fair for those who don't want to spend the cash and actually play the game.
    EA isn't forcing you to spend the $$ so quit QQing or stick with regular seasons.
    This is just a horse **** post as everyone knows higher rated teams are handicapped to the point were u team is totaly outplayed by a lower rated team with superman in goal FACT!
  • kktalha
    2136 posts Fans' Favourite
    You're meant to build the "ultimate" team in this mode and you can't do that by just playing matches. If you save all your match coins and let's assume you don't spend any coins on contracts, fitness, healing items etc. you will probably just about afford Ronaldo towards the end of the game.
  • llukslive
    kktalha wrote: »
    You're meant to build the "ultimate" team in this mode and you can't do that by just playing matches. If you save all your match coins and let's assume you don't spend any coins on contracts, fitness, healing items etc. you will probably just about afford Ronaldo towards the end of the game.
    I do exactly that. I play 2-3 games a day and I am able to build my team through out the year. by the end of the year, I have beaten div 1 a few times with a team worth 400k in total.

• llukslive
    oh btw, there are many streamers that do this as well one of them is InceptionXx on twitch.
  • llukslive
    edited October 2015
    Williejno1 wrote: »
    This is just a horse **** post as everyone knows higher rated teams are handicapped to the point were u team is totaly outplayed by a lower rated team with superman in goal FACT!

that is all in your head. by handicapped i am assuming you mean slow, in that case you don't know how to flick the right stick
  • kktalha
    I do exactly that. I play 2-3 games a day and I am able to build my team through out the year. by the end of the year, I have beaten div 1 a few times with a team worth 400k in total.

Exactly. You don't even get close to building the "ultimate" team just by playing the game. And this mode is called "ultimate team" for a reason.
  • leon1309
    4204 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2015

that is all in your head. by handicapped i am assuming you mean slow, in that case you don't know how to flick the right stick

Ballboy come back to the H (or M) topic when you have more posts and (more importantly) games under your belt.... :)
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    What???? The game is practically played for you when you have high rated players. The Ronaldo's, Messi's, and Suarez's of the world literally can walk by entire defenses without doing anything special. Just shoot, even from obscene angles, and score with the higher rated players.
  • Deni323
    373 posts Sunday League Hero
    I haven't bought a single pack in fut 16. I don't see any excitement in buying packs...really.
  • Korthan
    2407 posts Fans' Favourite
    juniorcbr wrote: »
    What???? The game is practically played for you when you have high rated players. The Ronaldo's, Messi's, and Suarez's of the world literally can walk by entire defenses without doing anything special. Just shoot, even from obscene angles, and score with the higher rated players.

That is a fair point, they are not like that in every match but I have experienced that.

• llukslive

Exactly. You don't even get close to building the "ultimate" team just by playing the game. And this mode is called "ultimate team" for a reason.

that is my ultimate team. i think you misunderstood the title. if the ultimate team is to have the best of the best, then everyone would eventually end up with the same team. do you take a minute to think?
  • Korthan
    2407 posts Fans' Favourite

Spot on.

• kktalha

that is my ultimate team. i think you misunderstood the title. if the ultimate team is to have the best of the best, then everyone would eventually end up with the same team. do you take a minute to think?

Not everyone would eventually end up with quality teams. The game should be balanced so people who play the game on a regular basis (say 70 games pw) and win division 1 regularly should be able to afford an "ultimate team" of nifs by at least January imo (just by playing). Unlike the current situation where they can barely afford Ronaldo/Messi around August with match coins.
  • hockeyphenom87
    7050 posts Big Money Move
    The fact that you can spend 50 dollars and your best pull be laporte, something is wrong. I'm not expecting, cause I never have, to pull ronaldo, messi, ibra, etc but you'd think you would get at least ONE player over or at 85
  • snaper
    49 posts Last Pick at the Park
    At least there doing double chance on players and no sorry can't stop laughin double chance my arse 0x2 is still 0
  • Lumitesi
    763 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ronaldo is currently 2.1million on PC. You get around 400 coins per game, plus the divisions bonus which varies. Let's say you're a really good player and win DIV1 8-0-0 everytime, that's an average of 2k per game. That's 1050 WINS just to get Ronaldo. 1K WINS. Now let's be reasonable, not even the best player in the world can win 8-0-0 every time. Much less so the average Joe.
    Let's consider that Joe hangs around divisions 4-5 (very reasonable, since he's average) and even winning titles, he'll get around 1k per game. TWO THOUSAND WINS just to get Ronaldo. That's 40000 hours playing, 27 full days out of 365 days in a year. And that's considering wins. Unless you spend your whole life in front of the screen and are very good, it's not feasible to have the best player let alone make your ultimate team like you want it. This is Fifa "do what you can with the **** packs you get" Team.
  • llukslive
    Lumitesi wrote: »
    Ronaldo is currently 2.1million on PC. You get around 400 coins per game, plus the divisions bonus which varies. Let's say you're a really good player and win DIV1 8-0-0 everytime, that's an average of 2k per game. That's 1050 WINS just to get Ronaldo. 1K WINS. Now let's be reasonable, not even the best player in the world can win 8-0-0 every time. Much less so the average Joe.
    Let's consider that Joe hangs around divisions 4-5 (very reasonable, since he's average) and even winning titles, he'll get around 1k per game. TWO THOUSAND WINS just to get Ronaldo. That's 40000 hours playing, 27 full days out of 365 days in a year. And that's considering wins. Unless you spend your whole life in front of the screen and are very good, it's not feasible to have the best player let alone make your ultimate team like you want it. This is Fifa "do what you can with the **** packs you get" Team.

not everyone is meant to have ronaldo. if you really want ronaldo or messi or these top rated players, go play head to head seasons.

you guys who complain about packs don't get the point of the mode.
  • Fleshgod
    872 posts An Exciting Prospect

not everyone is meant to have ronaldo. if you really want ronaldo or messi or these top rated players, go play head to head seasons.

I think you have a different concept of an ultimate team. While most would consider 85+ in all positions with at least an inform, legend, or another special card. But for you an ultimate team consists of benteke, Barkley, and a slew of other good, but by no means elite, players. To each own, but I think most people would agree that pack weight is terrible.

I personally would prefer having everyone having good players, as it opens up hybrids and other creative teams - as opposed to playing with and against basic generic Bpl or other one league/nation teams. that being said, I don't know how you justify the fact that people shouldn't get to play with players like ronaldo (and there's a lot of cards that are priced similarly) because "that's ultimate team". What's the point if you're limited to players you wouldn't necessarily want to use/be forced to used due to budget.
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    right now it's a Budget Team for those who actually play, not Ultimate Team

at least last year you could get free packs by winning tournaments
  • Lumitesi
    763 posts An Exciting Prospect

Well it's in the name. It's supposed to be Fifa Ultimate team. Where you build YOUR ultimate team. And to me, ultimate does not mean average, good or decent. The point of this mode is to make the best team you can. When some players are just basically anattainable, it beats the purpose of the mode. You simply cannot disagree with this. I'm by no means saying Ronaldos should be given out. I'm saying it should actually be attainable. Which it just isn't unless you win the lottery. The fact they've been raising Packweights with these events just proves I'm right.
  • Kaka117
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Every player should be packable when you spend **** £200 on packs holy ****. Are people stupid. EA year after year destroy people with this game made & people continue to bend up and get a pencil poked in their starfish. Its craziness that people can justify it.

EA are greedy its as simple as that. When you see people spending 1000s on packs it blows my mind that they dont have 200 Ronaldos n Messis.
  • llukslive
    edited October 2015

Well it's in the name. It's supposed to be Fifa Ultimate team. Where you build YOUR ultimate team. And to me, ultimate does not mean average, good or decent. The point of this mode is to make the best team you can. When some players are just basically anattainable, it beats the purpose of the mode. You simply cannot disagree with this. I'm by no means saying Ronaldos should be given out. I'm saying it should actually be attainable. Which it just isn't unless you win the lottery. The fact they've been raising Packweights with these events just proves I'm right.

No, My freind. It is you who does not get the point of the game mode.

you can but after you play for months. There are players who haven't spend a dime and they were able to attain some of the top players by June this year for fut 15. people want to spend the cash, have the best players from the first month to have advantage against bronze team to feel good about themselves. EA did the right thing by making players have to spend 1000s of $$ rather than 100s in order to accomplish this and if you are willing to spend 1000s to have advantage at a video game, then it is my pleasure.