All Things Baseball Lounge

Comments

• Chubbs
    14222 posts Has That Special Something
    Chubbs wrote: »
    So how does that work for other sports? Does their football team include players from Curacao as well?

We got some players from the Antilles in our footballteam. Jetro Willems, Fer. Altho they were born in the Netherlands. But the Baseballplayers like Simmons, Bogaerts and Jansen were Born and raised on the Antilles.

Yeah my geography is poor. So Andruw Jones and Andrelton are from Curacao(I know thats a part of the Netherlands) but thats considered the Netherlands Antilles?
  • ikbensjimmie
    239 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So how does that work for other sports? Does their football team include players from Curacao as well?

We got some players from the Antilles in our footballteam. Jetro Willems, Fer. Altho they were born in the Netherlands. But the Baseballplayers like Simmons, Bogaerts and Jansen were Born and raised on the Antilles.

Yeah my geography is poor. So Andruw Jones and Andrelton are from Curacao(I know thats a part of the Netherlands) but thats considered the Netherlands Antilles?

The Antilles is the Old name for the Islands of Curaçao, Aruba and Bonaire and some others. Long history about that. But Curaçao is our talentpool for the Dutch baseball team.
  • Chubbs
    Nice, its amazing to see the amount of Major League Talent that comes from there. Andruw Jones is one of my favorite players of all time. Isnt Didi Gregorious from there as well.

And just for curiosity did anyone from the mainland of the Netherlands make it to professional baseball or even to the national team?
  • ikbensjimmie
    edited April 2015
    Nice, its amazing to see the amount of Major League Talent that comes from there. Andruw Jones is one of my favorite players of all time. Isnt Didi Gregorious from there as well.

And just for curiosity did anyone from the mainland of the Netherlands make it to professional baseball or even to the national team?
    Robert Eenhoorn is the best known Dutch player who was born in the Netherlands. Played in the MLB aswell.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Eenhoorn

We would be **** if we didn't have the players from Curaçao.

Gregorius and Schoop (Orioles) are both from Curaçao aswell.
  • Chubbs

Robert Eenhoorn is the best known Dutch player who was born in the Netherlands. Played in the MLB aswell.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Eenhoorn

We would be **** if we didn't have the players from Curaçao.

Gregorius and Schoop (Orioles) are both from Curaçao aswell.

ahh ok cool. Yeah I remember when the Braves played the Diamondbacks last year or the year before and they said Simmons and Gregorious were on the same team growing up and Didi was the shortstop and Simmons was the pitcher. What a team that must of been. Didi has some big shoes to fill in New York this year.
  • ikbensjimmie
    Cant wait to start mlb.tv for the openingseries.
  • Raistlin
    1405 posts Professional
    Love the diversity of fans we have....happy yet surprised there hasnt been any yankee fans yet
  • Chubbs
    Raistlin wrote: »
    Love the diversity of fans we have....happy yet surprised there hasnt been any yankee fans yet

I wasnt expecting more than two people to ever post in here so im happy. I did figure there would be more Braves fans but I guess the forum is mainly people 22-25 and under and didnt grow up when they were on TBS everynight.
  • Raistlin
    1405 posts Professional

I wasnt expecting more than two people to ever post in here so im happy. I did figure there would be more Braves fans but I guess the forum is mainly people 22-25 and under and didnt grow up when they were on TBS everynight.

Now that a fair few people have posted maybe we can gauge the interest of a fantasy league?
  • Chubbs

Now that a fair few people have posted maybe we can gauge the interest of a fantasy league?

Baseball is a long season and I doubt we could get enough reliable people but I will do my best to put one together if we can get 10.

• Raistlin
    1405 posts Professional

Baseball is a long season and I doubt we could get enough reliable people but I will do my best to put one together if we can get 10.

Yea hate joining rando leagues, bee lucky if a third of the players remain active longer than a month
  • Chubbs

Yea hate joining rando leagues, bee lucky if a third of the players remain active longer than a month

thats my thing, its not only a long time for others to stay active but its also a long time to waste of the players that are active.

• Raistlin
    1405 posts Professional

thats my thing, its not only a long time for others to stay active but its also a long time to waste of the players that are active.

Agreed

• Eddie
    692 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Eddie wrote: »
    Red Sox...don't know what happened last year!

Anyone play MLB the show?

Yep on PS4

You bothering with 15? I was going to until I found out they've messed up pure analog hitting.
  • oneilmatt
    954 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gimme a Russia national team hat if you can find one :D
  • ikbensjimmie
    I love fantasy baseball but I am already in 2 leagues. So I am dedicated to them.
  • Chubbs
    oneilmatt wrote: »
    Gimme a Russia national team hat if you can find one :D

I will look around when I get home tonight, not sure ive ever seen one.
  • Chubbs
    I love fantasy baseball but I am already in 2 leagues. So I am dedicated to them.

completely understand that
  • Chubbs

Yep on PS4

You bothering with 15? I was going to until I found out they've messed up pure analog hitting.

Yeah I got it Tuesaday on release. The Show has always been a lot worse than people let on. Its just always been the prettiest. I preferred 2k gameplay up until 2k9. Its been great so far though, I just take it for what it is and use the stick to hit still even though it doesnt feel the same (to be fair Ive never liked the analog pitching or hitting on the show just refuse to hit 'x' to swing).

If you are getting it for their UT game mode Diamond Dynasty dont bother, I got 15$ worth of packs for preordering and then only spent 20$. Havent flipped the market and have 12-30 legends and all but 3 of the Diamond Players (rated 93-99). Its far too easy and cards dont expire so Ill have them forever. Either its too easy to get cards or the people listing them the first few days have been stupid.
  • Eddie
    692 posts An Exciting Prospect

Yep on PS4

Yeah I got it Tuesaday on release. The Show has always been a lot worse than people let on. Its just always been the prettiest. I preferred 2k gameplay up until 2k9. Its been great so far though, I just take it for what it is and use the stick to hit still even though it doesnt feel the same (to be fair Ive never liked the analog pitching or hitting on the show just refuse to hit 'x' to swing).

If you are getting it for their UT game mode Diamond Dynasty dont bother, I got 15$ worth of packs for preordering and then only spent 20$. Havent flipped the market and have 12-30 legends and all but 3 of the Diamond Players (rated 93-99). Its far too easy and cards dont expire so Ill have them forever. Either its too easy to get cards or the people listing them the first few days have been stupid.

I've always thought it was the best sport sim out there TBH. My only complaint is that they don't revamp the music or commentary enough so at times it feels as though you're playing last years game.

I'm with you, pressing a button to hit is far too cheap. I loved pure analog hitting because it was a comparatively realistic motion to a bat swing, it was a challenge sure, but a fun one. Now you only have to flick it which is too similar to a button press for my liking.

Never bothered with online play mate, just stick to Franchise and RTTS modes. 14 will have to do for now, the framerate issues frustrate me though.
  • Chubbs

Yep on PS4

I've always thought it was the best sport sim out there TBH. My only complaint is that they don't revamp the music or commentary enough so at times it feels as though you're playing last years game.

I'm with you, pressing a button to hit is far too cheap. I loved pure analog hitting because it was a comparatively realistic motion to a bat swing, it was a challenge sure, but a fun one. Now you only have to flick it which is too similar to a button press for my liking.

Never bothered with online play mate, just stick to Franchise and RTTS modes. 14 will have to do for now, the framerate issues frustrate me though.

Im not an offline guy so I cant say anything about how those modes are this year. I just play online franchies with friends and ranked/diamond dynasty games. Thats why I have always preferred 2k (2k10 and before) because the show has been unplayable all year long the past two years. So far this years online has been great in comparison, only freeze when there is a HBP.
  • ikbensjimmie
    Anyone wants to share your predictions with me?

AL East: Red Sox
    AL Central: White Sox
    AL West: Mariners
    Wild Card: Blue Jays & Angels

NL East: Nationals
    NL Central: Pirates
    NL West: Dodgers
    Wild Card: Cardinals & Marlins

WS: Nationals over Red Sox

AL MVP: Trout
    AL CY Young: King Felix
    AL Rookie: Norris

NL MVP: Stanton
    NL CY Young: Kershaw
    NL Rookie: Bryant
  • Chubbs
    Anyone wants to share your predictions with me?

AL East: Red Sox
    AL Central: White Sox
    AL West: Mariners
    Wild Card: Blue Jays & Angels

NL East: Nationals
    NL Central: Pirates
    NL West: Dodgers
    Wild Card: Cardinals & Marlins

WS: Nationals over Red Sox

AL MVP: Trout
    AL CY Young: King Felix
    AL Rookie: Norris

NL MVP: Stanton
    NL CY Young: Kershaw
    NL Rookie: Bryant

Ill work on my in a minute, first we need to discuss why you pocked the Nationals to win it all :s

They are going to pitch but are going to have to win every game 1-0 in my opinion. Their offense is atrocious.
  • Chubbs
    Stanton winning MVP is a sleeper pick, interesting.
  • oneilmatt
    954 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited April 2015
    MLB 2k7 and MVP Baseball 2005 were the best baseball games on console for me. 2k turned to * after '07 and MVP disappeared altogether.
  • Chubbs
    MVP was aweome, my personal favorites was 989 sports up until i think 03... Also Ken Griffey Jr Slugfest on N64, the first Baseball game i fell in love with.
  • Chubbs
    oneilmatt wrote: »
    MLB 2k7 and MVP Baseball 2005 were the best baseball games on console for me. 2k turned to * after '07 and MVP disappeared altogether.

was the only legitimate option if you wanted to play consistently online, for me at least.
  • ikbensjimmie
    There offence is good enough to win it all. If Zimmerman, Werth and Harper stay healthy they have a perfect lineup imo. Zimmerman should be healthy cause of his move to 1st base
    With the break out of Rondon last year they will provide plenty of runs.

I was dubbing between Stanton and McCutchen.
  • Chubbs
    There offence is good enough to win it all. If Zimmerman, Werth and Harper stay healthy they have a perfect lineup imo. Zimmerman should be healthy cause of his move to 1st base
    With the break out of Rondon last year they will provide plenty of runs.

I was dubbing between Stanton and McCutchen.

ugghhhh i hate talking about the nationals so hard to stay objective. I think Harper is average at best, he had a good postseason but that doesnt make up for his incredibly just below average season. He hasnt played over 118 games the past two seasons and they are going to need more than 13/32 from him.

Werth idk, he is alright I guess. gonna hit somewhere around .290 and drive in some runs.

Zimmerman lol

Rendon as much as I hate the Nationals looked good last year, if he keeps progressing he should be an allstar if he can get over this early knee sprain and not miss much time.

They will be good no doubt but man I just cant stand them and their bandwagon. Mainly Strasburg though. he is such a ****
  • ikbensjimmie
    Harper is overhyped but still is very young. His talent will develop.
    I dont like the Nationals either but they are the team to beat tbh.
    And its easy for them to make the playoffs cause the NL East is by far the worst division imo with the lollerPhillies and the Braves who will suck this year and the Mets not ready to contend.